PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Polaris Scrambler 250 r/Es carburetor identification

Steezwheeler
06-20-2016, 10:06 AM
I just picked up a 1986 Polaris scrambler 250r/es in not running condition. The carb that was on it is I believe a Mikuni vm but it has no indicators other than MHC on once side and JAPAN on the other.

Can anyone tell me what this carb is? I need a rebuild kit and throttle cable for it.

I'm also wondering what carburetor this machine came with the from factory, is it the same as a later year trail boss 250?

keister
06-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the site.
Your timing may be unfortunate, though.
The Polaris trike gurus are packing for / travelling to / already at TrikeFest which runs until this coming weekend.
I think I have a manual at home. I will try to remember to look tonight.
Otherwise, be patient, and someone will get back to you soon.

A search on this site or Google may turn up an owners manual or specs page for your P3.

jeswinehart
06-20-2016, 01:09 PM
I also have a down loaded polaris trike shop manual that I can send,,, after I get back home in a week.
I beleive there are 8 pages about carburetion, ,,, !

Steezwheeler
06-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the replies! I have searched everywhere but have not been able to find an owners manual. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!!

jeswinehart
06-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Text me your e mail and I will link you the entire shop manual when I return from trikefest.
I happen to be sitting with the Polaris trike guru right now,,,, I'll let Jody read your quistion and reply.
I looked for a way to snap a picture of my P-3 carb but it was useless with it all together.

jeswinehart
06-20-2016, 09:17 PM
That is the correct carb you have.

jeswinehart
06-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Here is a shot of some info,,, howdy is looking for clip setting,

jeswinehart
06-20-2016, 09:28 PM
And more info

Steezwheeler
06-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Thank you! I really appreciate the help. I was able to get a throttle cable for it and cleaned the carb out. I'm assembling tonight and seeing if I have a runner! I'll post some photos here