PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah!

Bob B.
06-20-2016, 09:26 PM
Got my new front tire on the R! I couldn't be more impressed with the quality! Thank you cheetah tires. I will be purchasing rears to put on the shelf for when the dunlops wear out. I also purchased a x ring chain and sprockets from rocky mt. Great quality! Now if I could only get the completely rebuilt front brakes bled!:wondering232824232823

jb2wheels
06-20-2016, 09:39 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Cheetahs.

About your brakes - the tough part about bleeding them is the highest point in the braking system is where the brake line loops up after leaving the master cylinder. Lots of air gets trapped there and it's hard to get it out.

I've had good luck pushing the brake line down below caliper level while bleeding.
Wiggling the line helps too - if you hold the brake lever in slightly and wiggle the brake line, you'll see a bunch of air bubble up through the fluid in the reservoir.

Also, the master cylinder tends to trap air where the line bolts to it. Tapping the master while bleeding helps move the air out of here too.

yaegerb
06-20-2016, 10:51 PM
Got my new front tire on the R! I couldn't be more impressed with the quality! Thank you cheetah tires. I will be purchasing rears to put on the shelf for when the dunlops wear out. I also purchased a x ring chain and sprockets from rocky mt. Great quality! Now if I could only get the completely rebuilt front brakes bled!:wondering232824232823

Brakes on the 200x, for whatever reason are the biggest PITA I have dealt with when rebuilding and bleeding. For the 200x I bought a mightyvac kit and it was well worth the 40 bucks. Good luck trying to manually bleed them. You might also try reverse bleeding by using a large syringe and forcing brake fluid through the caliper into the master. I find using the mightyvac the easiest method.

yellowoctupus
06-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Good luck trying to manually bleed them. You might also try reverse bleeding by using a large syringe and forcing brake fluid through the caliper into the master

I have had better luck with the syringe than with the Mityvac in general. I use the syringe method for bicycle brakes, and the lines and orifices are super small on them, making them very 'hidden bubble prone'. I think the one thing in particular I'm not fond of with the Mityvac is that you get little bubbles from where the air leaks in at the fitting so you think you're pulling more air from the system, when you're really just pulling it past the threads and back into the MityVac.

Bob B.
06-21-2016, 05:40 AM
I have a vacuum bleeder and it isn't doing the trick on this. Works great on everything else I've used it for though. Seems I've got two options, reverse bleeding and bleeding at the upper then lower banjo fittings and then the caliper. The latter sounds messy.