PDA

View Full Version : 250sx Shifter Sticking

neverdone
06-22-2016, 07:55 AM
So I have started having some issues with my beloved 250sx. I was out riding a bit yesterday and started having a problem.

The shift lever started sticking up but mainly down. If I tap it a few times with my foot I can get it to come back up but sometimes I have to pull it back up with my foot. I have noticed that it has been going in to gear harder lately as well. When I click in to first gear it hits pretty hard and dang near pulls the front wheel up.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? What causes this? I have never tore this thing down before so not really sure what to look for. Need to get the dude fixed, it is my favorite little tinker toy to play with.

UPNATM
06-22-2016, 02:35 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/180033-250sx-shifting-problem

:cool:

neverdone
06-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Guess I will be pulling the case apart. Ahhh well.... excuse to do some other stuff I guess.

neverdone
07-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Confirmed now. Broke bolt pin thingy just as in other post.

Ran in to a heck of an issue. 3 of the motor mount bolts are frozen in the case. Can't even turn them. Ended up un bolting the mounts that were removable, then cut the tabs for one of the mounts so I could pivot the motor and get the cover off to find that. For now I will weld the tabs back on but this fall I will have to see if I can find a way to get those bolts loose.