PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200 aftermarket piston help

catphe10
06-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Hello everyone, I'm sure this has been asked many times so if there is a thread about it already please send me a link.
Otherwise, I purchased a 65.5 wiseco piston and rings for my Honda 200, and had it bored to clean everything up.
But when I read the ship manual for the bike it says on the top of the piston is "in" and that is the side on the piston for the intake. Well on the wiseco piston it just has an arrow on top. Now after pondering it for a while I looked at the valve reliefs in the top of the piston and the intake valve is larger then the exhaust valve so I used the diameter of the valve reliefs in the piston to determine what direct to install the piston. Which put the arrow facing the exhaust valve. My question is is that correct? Because now when it's running there is a nocking sound every time it fires.

Thanks!

yaegerb
06-22-2016, 08:46 AM
Arrow points toward exhaust pipe.

RUNMEDOWN
06-22-2016, 09:54 AM
yes, arrow goes out, think of it as a representation of flow.

Leevvii
06-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Because now when it's running there is a nocking sound every time it fires Thats never usually a good sign, i'd check it out. Though knocking is a difficult word to define with engines, id get a trained ear to take a listen.

catphe10
06-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the quick turnaround!

So cense the piston in in correctly, what could be some other culprits for the nocking? I have trying adjusting the rockers, and that doesn't seem to help.

Leevvii
06-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Big end bearing will do it, low octane gas can do it, worn exhaust flange[more of a pop though], crank bearings??, leaking valve, Cam slap from worn cam bushing/thrust washer. The cdi makes a sort of ticking noise [is normal] Im only 1/2 a mechanic, plenty of pro's here though.

Leevvii
06-22-2016, 01:13 PM
which reminds me, i must post asking if the camshaft bush/bearing is available, i suspect mine is worn [off to the measuring dept we go LOL]