PDA

View Full Version : 97 Warrior 350, spark plug color question

BiGDawG
06-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Everyone is always helpful when i had atc related questions so i figured i'd ask here since i can't seem to find a straight answer.

I have a 97 Yamaha Warrior 350 when i got it it would bog at full throttle first i replaced the intake boot as it was ripped same issue, the previous owner cut the air box lid all up and put a fmf pipe on it so i did a stage 1 jet kit, this was the first time i've replaced jet's so i took them out put new 1s in and now i'm having a issue where i can ride all day in the wood's but soon as i hit sand trails i get 2 mile's in and it stalls sit for 5 min's can get another mile or so in. so i check the spark plug and it's black and white i'll post a picture. also when i first start it up for the day i have to choke it and let it warm up some time's is will back fire threw the carb. I've cleaned the carb multiple time's i'm about ready to just buy a new 1.

deathman53
06-23-2016, 10:03 PM
that looks insanely lean. I had a 97 warrior also, mine was black and yellow. The airbox lid holds and seals up the airfilter, if it is modded for more flow it would have to be a aftermarket lid or kit to completely replace the air filter and place it clamps to.

fieldy
06-23-2016, 10:14 PM
It is working harder in the sand. Harder=hotter. Looks to me like you need bigger main especially in hotter ambient. Stuff always looks lean to me though, lol. I once bought my first performance air filter and didnt jet bigger. Trike would die if i rode hard in hot weather.

oldskool83
06-24-2016, 07:26 AM
needs to be darker

yaegerb
06-24-2016, 09:31 AM
You are a couple rides away from melting that piston. My guess is there is already some piston damage if you have been riding a while with the spark plug looking like that. put an oem air box back on with lid and put the factory jets back in it.

BiGDawG
06-24-2016, 03:32 PM
nope that was the first long ride and when it started shutting down we headed back to the truck, I've rode it maybe twice around the woods a few time's but not long enough to get hot. I'll grab a new airbox lid off ebay and try the stock jet's with a new plug and see what happens

yaegerb
06-24-2016, 07:09 PM
nope that was the first long ride and when it started shutting down we headed back to the truck, I've rode it maybe twice around the woods a few time's but not long enough to get hot. I'll grab a new airbox lid off ebay and try the stock jet's with a new plug and see what happens

Good because you are lean as hell. Set everything back to stock and see if your plug looks better.