PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki klt 200c questions

Bad_apple
06-25-2016, 01:03 AM
2 parts. One does ANYONE have a service manual for this thing? Greatly appreciated.

Second. Picked this thing up off craigslist for free so can't complain. Yet. Lol

Compression seems good. Needs new plastics. No big deal. BUT, I have a no start issue. Spark is good. Fuel pump is good. Carb seem ok except I'm getting air/fuel blowing out of the carb when trying to start it. Timing issue? I've tried googling and everything I see is all over from valve issues to reed issues to timing. Correct me if I'm wrong but this engine there are no reeds? So that leaves valve or timing? Like I said compression seems ok. Sounds like it wants to kick over but just not getting the fuel in to the engine since it's blowing out the carb. Any advice would be awesom. I work on cummins 500+ hp engines and turbine jet engines all day long but I'll be the first to Admit that small engines are a bit out of my area of expertise.

yaegerb
06-25-2016, 08:38 AM
Reed valves are only on a two stroke, what you are working on is a four stroke.

I thought oscarmayer.net would have one, but I don't see one available. Make a thread advertising you need one. Maybe someone has one in PDF they can email you.

I am gonna guess timing at this point.

Bad_apple
06-28-2016, 12:16 AM
Figures it out. Carb was sticking and choke had some issues. Fired it up drive it a bit. Now time to clean her up and make her new again.