PDA

View Full Version : Trike fest 2016 2nd year

Dillongreen
06-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Had a blast at trike fest first full year just made it home now planning for next year is like to post a pic of my red but won't let me doe some reason

3is4Fun
06-26-2016, 02:03 PM
This was my first year too. ended up leaving before the banquet however, just too hot and got super crowded.. wife and I were in a tent.. so nowhere to escape the heat. Had a great time though!

My thoughts go out the the guy who flipped going downhill on the paved road, and went over the cliff thru the trees, hope he is ok and will recover 100%

hoosierlogger
06-26-2016, 03:05 PM
My thoughts go out the the guy who flipped going downhill on the paved road, and went over the cliff thru the trees, hope he is ok and will recover 100%
Wow!! Who did that?

Ghostv2
06-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Wow!! Who did that?

No idea. They announced it during the drags Saturday. No more riding down to the river. You can park in the parking area and walk over but no machines on the banks anymore.
I'm not sure if that's how it's going to be forever but I can't imagine it'll change. It only takes one guy to ruin it for everyone. Not badmouthing anyone, accidents happen, but it could of been prevented. Just Ben was down Saturday before the awards and said they (cops) kicked him out and said no machines on the banks.

Won't look like this anymore. Was a great year though, riverfest was a success. Started out as me and mattdragontamer and a few other guys skipping rocks and then the masses poured in after the events. Didn't see any tubing this year though?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/632ca7c90c1c0191c475c44e6df746f1.jpg

ironchop
06-26-2016, 04:34 PM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to ride ATVs or drive 4x4s on riverbanks in Indiana. The DNR and State Police used to run us off from White River all the time for driving and riding on the banks because of erosion and ecosystems back when I was growing up there.

May be starting to enforce it now.

I know the EPA has quietly been suing off-road parks around here claiming the runoff is killing an algae in Mammoth Cave. They managed to close a very successful ATV park (Blue Holler) here locally by suing in the last year or less and the word is, they are going after more parks elsewhere using this tactic.

I like the environment too but nearly half the eastern US drains eventually into the water table under Mammoth Cave so I'm sure the EPA will use this to cast a very wide net.

I hope that triker is doing OK.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

3is4Fun
06-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I saw them haul him up from the side of the hill right has you make the first turn on a stretcher. they said he would be ok. he was likely just going too fast around a corner on a paved surface, not ATV friendly conditions.

Ghostv2
06-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Our creeks are stained orange by acid mine drainage (sulfur) so they don't have to worry about us riding in the creeks.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/4af7c0b696ed9c0c3a6448eafbc7ff84.jpg

Glad you had a good time though, also my second TF. Better than the mess we had last year. Also hope that guys okay, if anyone has any information on it I'm sure lots would like to hear. We are one big trike family after all.

3is4Fun
06-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Ghostv2, where are you from, looks like some of the creeks in WVA where my parents were from. coal mines can release alot of bad things into the water... causing streams to be completely lifeless, I know there are streams that even my father was never able to fish due to the poisoned water.

Dillongreen
06-26-2016, 05:40 PM
I talked to a buddy of the guy that got air lifted he was on a 200x and hit the corner and tried grabbing the brakes as hard as he could but nothing happened his brakes were gone is what I took from the conversation and what got the cops saying something about the bikes on the beach was the people being stupid and almost sinking there 3 wheelers in the creek don't get me wrong I drove mines just half tire deep to clean my tires but they had there motors clear under water and that's not right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillongreen
06-26-2016, 05:43 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/77f5e0771dc7d0d8ce3a8ff1f0c7a27e.jpg

TrashTrike
06-26-2016, 08:05 PM
I saw the guy crash it was next to where we were camping. Coming way too fast down the hill and just slid off the road coming around the turn, he was on a 200s.. he had a helmet but it flew off when he hit the tree, pretty scary to see. He was in a lot of pain, I hope he's doing better (and has insurance).

Other than that happening and my shifter mechanism breaking 2 hours into the day, Trike Fest was awesome! can't wait till next year, met some great people and Haspin is always fun!

Dillongreen
06-26-2016, 08:07 PM
That's crazy to think about

Ghostv2
06-26-2016, 08:10 PM
Ghostv2, where are you from, looks like some of the creeks in WVA where my parents were from. coal mines can release alot of bad things into the water... causing streams to be completely lifeless, I know there are streams that even my father was never able to fish due to the poisoned water.

PA. Its all abandoned coal mining land around me. Good riding, bad for the wildlife.

250ES5984
06-27-2016, 12:11 AM
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to ride ATVs or drive 4x4s on riverbanks in Indiana. The DNR and State Police used to run us off from White River all the time for driving and riding on the banks because of erosion and ecosystems back when I was growing up there.

May be starting to enforce it now.

I know the EPA has quietly been suing off-road parks around here claiming the runoff is killing an algae in Mammoth Cave. They managed to close a very successful ATV park (Blue Holler) here locally by suing in the last year or less and the word is, they are going after more parks elsewhere using this tactic.

I like the environment too but nearly half the eastern US drains eventually into the water table under Mammoth Cave so I'm sure the EPA will use this to cast a very wide net.

I hope that triker is doing OK.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
Ironchop, are you pretty close to mammoth cave? Just curious as my family has some land in Munfordville.

Just realized it says Bowling Green in your profile. Will be coming through there this next weekind on the way to Munfordville.

1986 Honda 200x

1985 Honda 250sx
FOR SALE

Billy Golightly
06-27-2016, 01:25 AM
We will have to address the whole river riding thing - but up until yesterday my understanding had always been keep the bikes and machines out of the water and you were okay, however that may have not been accurate information either. But that's what I knew of and have been told the last several years

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Howdy
06-27-2016, 07:28 AM
We will have to address the whole river riding thing - but up until yesterday my understanding had always been keep the bikes and machines out of the water and you were okay, however that may have not been accurate information either. But that's what I knew of and have been told the last several years

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That has been what was told to us for the 20+ years we have been going to Haspin Acres.
Howdy

JacobMonster
06-27-2016, 08:44 AM
My 2nd year and it's the most I've heard anyone getting hurt. We had atleast what, 2 ambulances up on the hill?
Speaking of which, did anyone hear what happened to the person near the MX track on Thursday and if they are doing ok?
It was an equally crappy but good year for me personally.
Finally had my Dad come with me, only to have his 200X die in the bottom of the Back Bone the first day :( But, on the positive side, I met a lot of good people that I can't wait to ride with and hang with next year. He'll be coming back with me, and most likely my wife and brother-in-law. Maybe even a few more. Can't wait till TF17

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Mickey Dunlap
06-27-2016, 10:39 AM
Wow!! Who did that?

I don't remember his name but he was friends with the guy (or his brother) that broke his arm and had the pink cast on. I was told he just broke a few ribs. This was right before I had to leave and they were helping me load up.

Thanks guys!

Dillongreen
06-27-2016, 10:41 AM
Well that's good to hear hope you had a good time nice meeting you Mickey

Mickey Dunlap
06-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Well that's good to hear hope you had a good time nice meeting you Mickey

I need pics of you to remember which one you are! lol I'm so bad with names, but I remember faces. LOL

schlepp29
06-28-2016, 03:59 PM
This was my second year at trike fest! My first 3wheeler race and won the 250b class. I'll take luck over skill any day. Alot of amazing people there. I will go til the end of my days.

Dillongreen
06-28-2016, 04:03 PM
This was my second year at trike fest! My first 3wheeler race and won the 250b class. I'll take luck over skill any day. Alot of amazing people there. I will go til the end of my days.

Good job didn't watch the races lol was sitting in the river mostly during the day

schlepp29
06-28-2016, 04:56 PM
This was my second year at trike fest, but I'm new to the board and suck at this. There's alot of trike festers that know me but I'll probably not be on here much. The people, the racing and the trail riding is awesome.

schlepp29
06-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Honestly it was so hot that day I don't blame you. Now I think we have to walk down there.

Dillongreen
06-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Honestly it was so hot that day I don't blame you. Now I think we have to walk down there.

I hope not I'm to damn lazy lol

matt3x
06-29-2016, 10:47 PM
My 2nd year and it's the most I've heard anyone getting hurt. We had atleast what, 2 ambulances up on the hill?
Speaking of which, did anyone hear what happened to the person near the MX track on Thursday and if they are doing ok?
It was an equally crappy but good year for me personally.
Finally had my Dad come with me, only to have his 200X die in the bottom of the Back Bone the first day :( But, on the positive side, I met a lot of good people that I can't wait to ride with and hang with next year. He'll be coming back with me, and most likely my wife and brother-in-law. Maybe even a few more. Can't wait till TF17

Pleasure meeting you and your dad buddy. You guys are always welcome to share a beer with us NYers (aka Buffalo Bills faithful). Maybe we'll even hit up some trails next year with you.

JacobMonster
06-30-2016, 07:33 AM
Pleasure meeting you and your dad buddy. You guys are always welcome to share a beer with us NYers (aka Buffalo Bills faithful). Maybe we'll even hit up some trails next year with you.
Aka Party Bus! It was good meeting you guys to. It be cool to ride the trails with you guys. Now, you were tall one riding the 185?
I'll find you guys next year and learn all the names bud, lol

Dillongreen
06-30-2016, 07:43 AM
Good to see people finding people they met at trike fest I've never met such nice people in my life then I do at trike fest

matt3x
06-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Aka Party Bus! It was good meeting you guys to. It be cool to ride the trails with you guys. Now, you were tall one riding the 185?
I'll find you guys next year and learn all the names bud, lol

nope - that was my buddy Ben riding my 185.

Here is a pic of us, I don't remember this but apparently we took a pic haha!

JacobMonster
06-30-2016, 12:03 PM
nope - that was my buddy Ben riding my 185.

Here is a pic of us, I don't remember this but apparently we took a pic haha!

Ok, ok, I know who you are now.
I'm surprised to remember much x'D jk
I need to find some of these good trails people talk about. Everywhere I have been is torn up by Jeeps

Dillongreen
06-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Ok, ok, I know who you are now.
I'm surprised to remember much x'D jk
I need to find some of these good trails people talk about. Everywhere I have been is torn up by Jeeps

That's all over the place just have to ride through them

kingkongslie
07-06-2016, 04:26 PM
About how many people show up to trike fest? I hope to make it someday.

Dillongreen
07-06-2016, 04:28 PM
About how many people show up to trike fest? I hope to make it someday.

I think it was like 330 but don't hold me to it

kingkongslie
07-06-2016, 04:36 PM
I think it was like 330 but don't hold me to it

Awesome. I will have to talk some friends into going with me next year.

just ben
07-06-2016, 06:21 PM
What The cop said at the river was that if we had registered and insured vehicles we could park Them in the lot just outside of the entrance to the river. Nothing could be on the river bed which technically isnt the river bed unless he river swollen. Apparently if you're registered and insured there something that you can get in Indiana to ride a secondary roads but it goes county by county or something he was saying. The cop was just flexing his muscles I doubt much will change unless it continues to be a trend of people getting hurt on the road going to the river.

Dillongreen
07-06-2016, 06:34 PM
What The cop said at the river was that if we had registered and insured vehicles we could park Them in the lot just outside of the entrance to the river. Nothing could be on the river bed which technically isnt the river bed unless he river swollen. Apparently if you're registered and insured there something that you can get in Indiana to ride a secondary roads but it goes county by county or something he was saying. The cop was just flexing his muscles I doubt much will change unless it continues to be a trend of people getting hurt on the road going to the river.

I live in Indiana and that cop knows as much as I do here in Indiana they won't register 3 wheelers as an all-terrain vehicle for the road

Russman1986
07-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Just alot of out of control kids this year. The cop told me to park at the feild and walk to the river. He drove back over the bridge and kicked everyone off the river bank and made them park on the feild and walk back. Hope next year is different that's the best part of trikefest is riverfest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

hoosierlogger
07-10-2016, 08:54 PM
I live in Indiana and that cop knows as much as I do here in Indiana they won't register 3 wheelers as an all-terrain vehicle for the road

Wanna bet? An Atv that has atleast 3 wheels can be registered with the DNR. The fee is something like $40 for 3 years. You must carry liability insurance on the vehicle.

Dillongreen
07-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Wanna bet? An Atv that has atleast 3 wheels can be registered with the DNR. The fee is something like $40 for 3 years. You must carry liability insurance on the vehicle.
Talked to done Friday and don't list 3 wheelers and a option on there data base for tags

hoosierlogger
07-10-2016, 09:51 PM
They must have changed it in the last couple of years. I have seen 3 wheelers with tags on them before.

Dillongreen
07-10-2016, 10:03 PM
They must have changed it in the last couple of years. I have seen 3 wheelers with tags on them before.

Wish I could find some how too

schlepp29
07-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Could one do a conversion trike like an xr or enduro?