PDA

View Full Version : TF 2016: The good, the bad and the ugly.

Eric250R
06-28-2016, 11:26 PM
My trikefest experience didn't start off so well, quite a bit of bad luck. And I really want to thank Captain Weezy for loaning me his ( very nice ) truck to pick up some things I had forgotten. Super, super cool of him. After things settled down, and the weather passed, I really enjoyed myself.
It was very unfortunate however dealing with a lot of teenage kids who bought some "old 3 wheelers " so they could come to Trikefest just to party. And these are the kids of today....no sense of responsibility, no adult supervision at all ( which I suspect is the story at home ) just a lot of alcohol and stupidity. I made reference to this in a thread on facebook. I feared this kind of behavior would make it's way in and it did. The Tecate kid had left his broken 110 on the track until he could come back after it. Someone tried to steal it. Luckily he found it in time. I heard stories of other people having things stolen like helmets. This was my 10th Trikefest and the first that I didn't feel comfortable leaving my stuff unattended. I really hope this doesn't continue but I think the gates have already been opened.
I'm glad I got to see my extended family and will certainly be back next year, though I'm not sure if I'll bring my daughter, as I stated, I fear things will get worse.

ironchop
06-29-2016, 12:00 AM
Something Wicked this way comes

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

86T3
06-29-2016, 12:12 AM
I've been trying to figure out how to say this and couldn't, thanks for doing it for me. There were a couple incidents I saw and was involved in. One I think is pretty well known about. I'm not proud of what I did but the complete lack of respect and jackassary (I can't think of any other way to put it) made me do it. The kid and I talked at herk and jerk, we both apologized and got over it, I hope he learned from what happened. The second incident came right after this, 2 guys started fighting at herk and jerk. A young kid (the one who was riding without a helmet in Fabio's story) allegedly pushed otrhit another guys gf/wife (the friend of the kid I had an altercation with). We got that separated without much difficulty and each party went separate ways. Idk who was in the wrong here, but I understand where the guy was coming from who's gf/wife got hit because that was the cause of my altercation. The last one though was the one that scared me most. Geoff told me he caught some kids snooping around parts he had in front of his 5th wheel twice. The second time he caught them he heard, "oh trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, someone's here" this was his first TV and all we told him was how nice everyone is. He's a good guy so I think he understands what happened, but it was embarassing.

These things just didn't happen before. I've never heard of a fight or stolen property. I looked at the sign in sheet and there were only 2 forum members on the page I signed. Idk what has to happen but something needs to be done. I talked about it with a couple guys there, I really hope this wasn't our last TF at Haspin Acres but I fear what happened this year ruined our access to the beach and night riding.

knappyfeet
06-29-2016, 12:35 AM
I've never attended a TF but that kind of shenanigans goes on out here from time to time.

The only difference here perhaps is law enforcement has a presence.

ironchop
06-29-2016, 08:20 AM
Holy cow....the beach and night riding were two of the funnest parts about TF. Jeff was telling me about some of this last night.
I'm already bummed about missing this year and now this.
I heard that the police were threatening to impound trikes down on the river last weekend.

That serious accident is bad enough. I know stuff happens as I broke my ankle last year on Tuesday jumping into a tree. I didn't want to ruin my trip and go home two days into a week long vacation but more importantly I was kind of afraid it would reflect poorly on trike fans who fought hard to get rid of the "death machine" moniker. I didn't want to report it or drive to the hospital and jeopardize a good thing. I wasn't there so I can't say what happened but I've been going to Haspin since the 80s and that place has seen tons of serious injuries and several have died there over the last 30 yrs. Last time was two yrs ago right around TF a girl riding in a Jeep that turned over on a hill pinned her head between the rollbar and a tree or rock and killed her. Haspin is probably already paying hefty liability insurance rates as it was but every time something serious happens I'm sure they are one step closer to being dropped.

I'm not surprised to see them clamping down on the funtivities due to the circumstances. Haspin was always "the place to go get f#$%ed up and go mudding or trail riding" when I was a Hoosier teen so naturally you're going to have that.

So the river is "walk there only" and they are enforcing the no night riding rule on us now? I know the official policy was always "no" but they used to overlook it for us. Sad to hear all this happened.

The thievery has always been an issue at Haspin. Trikefest is the ONLY time I ever felt safe leaving all my stuff out there. It's long known that the Laurel riffraff will also sneak in and steal machines besides worrying about the shady campers inside.

I hope we can work out a resolution to all this and still keep the night rides. Far as the beach goes, that's out of the hands of Haspin and the police don't compromise so that may be ruined. I'm not averse to walking but the walk BACK to camp would be a real moth#$$%@er and therefore a deal breaker.

RUNMEDOWN
06-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Hope it doesn't turn into another S-show like Glamis or Sturgis or every gathering open to the public related to motorized toys. I was hoping to sneak out this year but thanks to some issues in the UK the market was projected to be a nightmare (It was) so I had to be ready to put out fires. Eric250r hit the nail on the head; its kids growing up without supervision and no respect. I am almost 40 so I don't need an assault charge but I would be hard pressed not to react poorly if someone was looking to steal from me or was causing a problem with my wife. (I feel old saying that, very much a "Back in my day" statement) maybe next year or the next..... if they are still going.

yourlossmygain
06-29-2016, 10:25 AM
this was my ninth year going. I had a good time don't get me wrong. But it was not the same. It got very white trashy at the end that's the only way I could put it. I'm not sure if it was just new people there or the huge presence of jeeps and stuff there but it did feel a bit uncomfortable. I am going again next year but if it's the same feeling it very well could be my last year.

ironchop
06-29-2016, 11:16 AM
this was my ninth year going. I had a good time don't get me wrong. But it was not the same. It got very white trashy at the end that's the only way I could put it. I'm not sure if it was just new people there or the huge presence of jeeps and stuff there but it did feel a bit uncomfortable. I am going again next year but if it's the same feeling it very well could be my last year.
I got the same impression at '14 and '15....it was cool until Saturday morning both years and then here comes "other" enthusiasts, the trails get real crowded. And the collective IQ drops 25 points.

That's why I went the whole week last time. I wanted the chance to visit people in a more laid back environment.

NeverLift
06-29-2016, 11:55 AM
My first year and loved it. I'll agree when the weekend crowd arrived I feared for my stuff back at camp when we were out riding. Wednesday thru Friday I never gave it a second thought.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ghostv2
06-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Well I'll skip the good, the bad, and the ugly and I'll continue where you guys left off about the new crowd.

This was only my second TF. Last year got rained out, couldn't ride much. This was my first year I was prepared, weather complied with us, it was great. I'm part of that young crowd, my birthday was Trikefest Sunday, I turned 23. I know a lot of people there, I'm with the TRUPA crowd, I go to the races to hangout, I can't afford anything to race. Those of you that i may have just met, I'm a laid back guy. Im not a big drinker, I prefer to grow herbs in my garden rather than hops. I didnt bring a group of kids with, I drove 600 miles by myself from PA. I don't go to party, I go to preserve and be a part of history. To hangout with friends and appreciate vintage atvs. In my opinion I had a harder time finding people to ride with because everyone was busy living it up.

Point being, I hope a group of guys don't ruin it for everyone. There are a lot of good young kids who are just as passionate about 3 wheelers as you and I. Just like I hope one guy doesn't ruin the river for us all for the future.

I will say this, next year I'm coming earlier, and leaving after the awards banquet on Saturday. By then everyone near the TRUPA camp was gone except me. Saturday night after 10 or 11 or so is when it got rowdy. Herk and jerk time. People were yelling all night long. People on really loud quads and even some trikes kept circling my camp, again if you know where TRUPA camps in the woods there's no reason to go down there unless you or someone you know is camped there. Made sleeping and getting up early not happen.

Also, it make me cringe when I seen people riding on people's lawns during the parade, doing wheelies and falling off the back, doing all this stupid stuff next to vehicles and the public.

Let me say this. Don't let this discourage anyone new from attending trikefest. It's a once a year vacation everyone on this forum should have. I enjoy it and will make it an annual event for sure.

3is4Fun
06-29-2016, 02:21 PM
My Impression was that Haspin is like "The Wild West". Sure there are signs saying.. don't do this, and don't do that, and this is required.. but not many actually pay attention to the signs, I noticed this more so as the non-trikefest people arrived friday/saturday. Friday night we had drunkards at 2am screaming and apparently trying to pull a downed tree out of the woods with a 3 or 4 wheeler.

it would also be hard to hold anyone accountable for noise or Shenanigans at a campsite since they don't assign campsites.

Had a great time anyway, got to teach my wife how to ride a trike for the first time! Neither of us were very comfortable after the masses started showing up, and it was a little too hot for my tastes, with no real way of escaping the heat.

schlepp29
06-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Yeah I agree, trikefest was always safe from thieves. Now I'm nervous. The real trike festers are gonna just try and look out for each other. But this is still the best thing I've ever attended. Great group of people.

clmeue37
06-29-2016, 04:20 PM
This was also my second trikefest and I noticed a huge change between my 2 visits. I witnessed an incident down at the river that made my stomach turn. The blatant disrespect when a long time tf'er asks you to get your trikes out of the river because it is obviously illegal (it's common sense as far as I'm concerned) was appalling. There was also the guys in front of me during the parade riding tipped up on 2 wheels. Not only was one of them riding completely in people's lawns I watched him ride within a foot of a 6 year old kid who had to jump out of the way as the rider nearly lost his balance. I go to relax, watch the races and other events, I do a little riding, spend some time at the river, and scope out parts as well as check out everyone's machines and meet their owners. It's over 700 miles there and back for me and I hope we haven't lost our trikefest privileges for the future.

79Bird
06-29-2016, 05:58 PM
This was my second TF as well, definitely different crowd Fri-Sat and at the parade. I also saw people riding in lawns and recklessly riding near people and vehicles. Late Sat night we went out for a ride and saw a jeep doing like 40mph down the main trail, we decided it was safer to go back to camp...On the plus side, saw some chick hanging out of another jeep with her top off, so that was cool...

RIDE-RED 250r
06-29-2016, 06:00 PM
I have yet to get to my first TF, but I know the kind of nonsense you all are speaking of all too well. It's not just TF, it's not just FB, it's not just Haspin...

Where I ride in Lewis County NY (Tug Hill) we have this same issue with the "bad apples". People ride while under the influence, cause accidents, people get hurt or worse. People ride in areas that are off limits, ride recklessly in campgrounds that are considerate enough to allow people to ride their ATV on the property. Trails have been shut down, local politics gets heated up about it when the anti-crowd gets the fodder they need from the bad apples to keep pushing their agenda to shut it all down. We have to be self-policing on these matters, we have to be proactive, we need to be part of the solution. Granted, by and large the people riding Tug Hill are generally doing it right, having a good time without getting out of control. This is a small minority of riders in my experience, but we all know the cliche.

I am not sure what the best solution would be for what went on at TF that has the TF vets up at arms. Possibly an arrangement between the overseers/organizers of TF and the owners of Haspin where people who take things too far would be expelled from the park?? I'm not saying to take the fun out of the thing, but by my interpretation of some of the goings-on posted here, there needs to be some measure of accountability. And I certainly wouldn't tolerate stealing or any kind of move against my family!

Doesn't sound good guys, hate to hear of things going down like that...

(Edited due to more information on who the offending parties were and that it is being well handled)

yourlossmygain
06-30-2016, 08:55 AM
don't get me wrong. Trikefest is probably one of the best times you can have and out of all my years if going it seems there is always a year with people like that every once and a while. I know I said it could be my last it's very very unlikely I will miss another trikefest lol. There are way too many good people that go and I enjoy meeting new ones every year. If you like or love three wheelers I do say that it is a must do for every one at least once. The good of it to me anyway will always far out way the bad.

RamsesRibb
06-30-2016, 10:06 AM
I haven't been to the event but I do think that the irresponsible people everyone is talking about is the type of riffraff that pollutes everything today. These kids today don't get parental guidance and they expect to get away with everything.

hublake
06-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately todays riffraff grows up to be tomorrows adult riffraff.

I haven't been to the event but I do think that the irresponsible people everyone is talking about is the type of riffraff that pollutes everything today. These kids today don't get parental guidance and they expect to get away with everything.

schlepp29
06-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Don't let it discourage ya yet, the main people of trike fest is well worth the travel time, and yes I agree with with you about haspin taking care of the idiots.

fabiodriven
06-30-2016, 08:17 PM
As of now we know who most, if not all of these people were that caused most likely every incident that happened this year. I am strongly of the opinion that these people should be banned and Haspin be notified of their names. We have proof but I'm sitting on it at the moment. If it's decided action can be taken and everyone is OK with something being done I'll gladly do whatever I can to make sure this gets taken care of. Honestly I was more worried at first because I thought it was just an overall attitude or crowd change. Since we've pieced everything together we now know it was a very small group, possibly two, that caused almost every problem. I believe if we eliminate them and then we ALL take a lesson from this to be more diligent when it comes to people getting out of line we can solve this. We will most likely deal with the consequences of their actions regardless, but we can heal it. I think we need to stand together if confronted with this again. I think it might be worth considering having a group of well known people all be in touch with one another and if a particular group needs to be watched we can all observe throughout our respective days, without going out of our way of course, just casually. This group we are dealing with is not small and they talk a lot about fighting, they enjoy it. The only way to deal with a group of ten guys that likes to fight peacefully is to show them they're clearly outnumbered. Doing nothing didn't work out well, but I got the impression others were caught off guard just as much as I was. Nobody at that time realized all of these things happening were from just a small group of people. Personally I would cut the Facebook promotion altogether, but that's just my opinion. The numbers are fine, nobody stands to gain from higher numbers aside from Haspin, and they were happy with us with much smaller numbers so... I just don't see the need for public promotion after this. It didn't seem like a bad idea to me at first but now I think a bit differently. If you love trikes and having fun you'll find us.

Mickey Dunlap
06-30-2016, 09:45 PM
I guess I should tell my FaceBook friends their not welcome because they are evil bad people, Jimmy White will be disappointed.:rolleyes:

clmeue37
06-30-2016, 10:33 PM
I think the best solution to the problem is, as a community, we all need to speak up politely at first to anyone riding a trike at haspin during the week of trikefest who is acting irresponsibly. Even though they may not be a member of the forums they represent all of us regardless of how and where they heard about trikefest. If there are further issues with these persons then I would assume they can be reported to the staff at haspin acres and further decisions can be made and action can be taken.

fabiodriven
06-30-2016, 10:48 PM
I guess I should tell my FaceBook friends their not welcome because they are evil bad people, Jimmy White will be disappointed.:rolleyes:

Mickey, I'm restraining myself here. You do not understand the first thing about what is going on here. I can assure you if you and Jimmy White flew to the moon for the rest of your lives Trikefest would be completely unaffected. For one time please, please realize that this is not about you. This realistically has nothing to do with you in any manner, shape, or form. That's nice that you have an opinion, we all do, but drop the agenda to inevitably always be against whatever it is I'm saying. You should be embarrassed about the comments you're making because it's obvious how over your head all of this is. You're passive-aggressively making snide remarks and hollow threats that are not conducive to this effort one bit. This event is more a part of me than you understand. I won't get too carried away explaining myself but my trailer for Trikefest is not much smaller than my house. I spend thousands on the bikes and rig and money is nothing, living is everything. This is a passion of mine and I am going to be a part of the solution here with or without your taunts, so keep it up and keep showing everyone who you are. It's perfectly fine by me, trust me. I intend to take the bull by the horns here but you can take the wheel any time you're ready there driver. If you think you can do this better than me you'd better start planning because my gears have been spinning for almost a week now. I'm not sure if you realize this, but both you and Jimmy White exist outside of Facebook. Also it's "they're", not "their".

As far as Trikefest is concerned I will always be your elder.

MattDragontamer
06-30-2016, 11:02 PM
First off, thanks for the thread, it's probably a good thing to talk about the issues than to leave it be.

I would have to say my experience this year was overall really good. The first few days was like any other year, peaceful and fun.
But as many stated, things started to change. I personally never crossed paths with the group(s), but hear the aftermath.

Over the course of the week, I kept having to remind people to ware their helmets, no double riding and keeping their speed down in the campgrounds.
I however stopped after Thursday as I was getting the finger and the common f-off.

In hindsight, the issues should have been dealt with on the spot. I later found out that I could have voiced my concern to Howdy, John or Mik6 to deal with the issues.

The "Rules" are simple

- Ware a helmet
- Keep it slow in posted areas.
- No double riding
- No machines in the river
- No riding past the bridge

WE can't get any simpler with the rules.
Haspin has been kind enough to let Trikefest goers ride through the night, go to the river, and the city had invited us to put on a parade.

As it has been explained to me, Trikefest has been 15 years in the making. It had has it's up and downs, but this year seems to have been
up there in the "it could have been better" list.

I know many with disagree with what I have to say next, but I would like to get it out there.

I think it may be time to make a few changes to help govern Trikefest from further disappointments.

1. Designate with flags at the camps or on the trikes and/or armbands or shirts those with policing power at trikefest.
This would make it easy for anyone with issues to find a rep.

2. Make it mandatory to have FULLY operational Brakes (including the parking brake), headlight and a DOT Helmet.
As it was pointed out a few times, hardhats are NOT going to stop a head injury. I'm sorry but you CAN AFFORD A HALFSHELL HELMET.

3. Use a quieter trike after 10pm. I myself drive a trike that is borderline noisy. But in order to allow for people to have a half decent rest,
the louder strait pipe or race trikes should be left at camp for the night. DA DING DING DING DING DING DING DA DING DING DING DING...
at ear pearsing levels is just down annoying. If you have to yell to talk around the trike while running, it should be a hint that it is a little loud.

4. An additional agreement form for the trikefest week should be made outlining that if you should break the rules, you may be asked to leave and
may be forced to leave if necessary.

Though many will disagree with my thoughts on the matter, I strongly believe that these changes will set the basis for improving and
hopefully reinforce everyones experience of having a good time at Trikefest.

Trikefest is only going to get bigger with time and changes will have to be made to ensure a smooth growth.

fabiodriven
06-30-2016, 11:08 PM
Personally I don't think marking anyone out as any sort of authority figure is a good idea. Enough of us know one another to have a silent presence I think. Not only that, but a "flagged" member will just quell people while he's in the area. Also it could draw unwanted attention.

86T3
07-01-2016, 12:46 AM
The riding double is something I was concerned about this year. Whe n I first pulled in i saw the big "no riding double" sign and I got very worried. My wife and I always ride double because she doesn't like driving and doesn't have much experience. I guess I just ignored it and we went on with our week. It was never a problem in the past, or maybe I didn't notice the sign. I would like some clarification on it for next year, if it is against the rules I'll get a smaller trike or quad for her. In the past there have been rules and then "rules", I assumed it was a "rule".

86T3
07-01-2016, 12:51 AM
One rule I think should be made is no trikes driving into town. If we are allowed back to the river next year that should be it. I k ow in the past some guys have gone down to the bar, but that opened Pandora box. This year there was a helmetless kid on a 350x riding a wheelie over the bridge from town that kinda started my whole altercation. That's a quick way to get a dwi, amongst all the other tickets you'd get.

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 06:07 AM

Mickey, you are making something of this that it isn't. Please refrain from further comments. You are making yourself look like an ass.

Billy Golightly
07-01-2016, 07:06 AM
I'm typing this on my phone so forgive the typos and such but everyday I've been at work since I've been back I've been so slammed csnt seem t really take the time to write a post from a pc.

Couple things;

1 haspin had an increased security presence / rule enforcement from earlier this year when they had a very bad holiday weekend as per discussion with pete and also Glen. Trash cans flattened, signs ran vet snd broken, garbage intentionally strewn throughout, etc. This is what brought up the no night riding thing.

It does appear that there was a relatively small and select group of individuals that were the source of most problems and that's why earlier in the week even though there was already a 100 people there on like Tuesday , everything was peachy.

2 several people I spoke to did try snd self police and encourage correct behaviour. I told several people about helmets myself and witnessed several others. However like Matt said a point was reached where people just were a holes about it. There was an altercation at the river by someone who was riding in the water (the only rule we've ever been given about going down there and in the 5 or 6 years I've been going down there only saw happen once maybe twice) that was asked to stop got very beligerent and nearly turned into a fist fight. So - the community tried to self police and did it's job in the regard.

3 I don't know if we can ban people from Haspin but I am willing to revisit it and find out if we can isolate a group responsible. When we last discussed that topic a few years ago, it was not.

Haspin has always afforded us a lot of opportunities and flexibility because we are one of the more behaved groups that comes in, and Pete has said that on pretty much every occasion.

3 I go there to see my friends and have fun. I paid my 90$ at the gate this year like everyone else. I don't go to Haspin to be their security. Whrn i talked to Pete Saturday night after the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro that went on was not indicative of us as a whole and he basically said we'd been coming there 15 years and he knew that. This was a huge year - just by the accounts here on the board there were several first timers which is great! The solution here I *think* is a dialogue with Haspin saying look we appreciate the leniency and leeway but by Thursday or Friday you guys need to d what you need to and not worry about hurting any of our guys feelings. For the most part anyone that is there early in the week has their trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro together enough they won't risk being sent home, that's common sense. It's the wreck less Ness of people that are a 2 hour drive from home (no offense intended) that makes the repercussions or not giving a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro attitude easier for them.

I'll type more later but when I heard what was going on back in the middle of the parade my heart sunk because of the asshattery involved. It made me want to tell them nope were done doing this now, never again. The one thing I am proud of though is the number of people that tried to get that behavior to stop - even though it was met and received badly. Those folks deserve medals for trying to do the right thing and making others realize it. And that's what this whole thing is all about.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

thestud25
07-01-2016, 09:02 AM
If I make it next year (my 6th year) and if the parade is happening again I was going to bring candy to throw out. There were a ton of people, mostly kids, that would enjoy that. This year was great in most aspects but crap in a few.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Mickey, I'm restraining myself here. You do not understand the first thing about what is going on here. I can assure you if you and Jimmy White flew to the moon for the rest of your lives Trikefest would be absolutely fine. For one time please, please realize that this is not about you. This realistically has nothing to do with you in any manner, shape, or form. That's nice that you have an opinion, we all do, but drop the agenda to inevitably always be against whatever it is I'm saying. You should be embarrassed about the comments you're making because it's obvious how over your head all of this is. You're passive-aggressively making snide remarks and hollow threats that are not conducive to this effort one bit. This event is more a part of me than you understand. I won't get too carried away explaining myself but my trailer for Trikefest is not much smaller than my house. I spend thousands on the bikes and rig and money is nothing, living is everything. This is a passion of mine and I am going to be a part of the solution here with or without your taunts, so keep it up and keep showing everyone who you are. It's perfectly fine by me, trust me. I intend to take the bull by the horns here but you can take the wheel any time you're ready there driver. If you think you can do this better than me you'd better start planning because my gears have been spinning for almost a week now. I'm not sure if you realize this, but both you and Jimmy White exist outside of Facebook. Also it's "they're", not "their".

As far as Trikefest is concerned I will always be your elder.

You started out saying this was all a FaceBook problem and it has nothing to do with FaceBook, just as guns have nothing to do with the mass killings, it's a human problem. Make some more rules to help with the problems, but don't blame it on FaceBook, that's just stupid. And it doesn't matter if I was at this event
or the big Trans-Am MX races in the 70's, and all the trike nationals in the 80's, the same thing happens at all of them, night time comes the drinking gets out of hand and you have problems, this is nothing new I seen it for years. And quit telling me what I know and don't know.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Mickey, you are making something of this that it isn't. Please refrain from further comments. You are making yourself look like an ass.

Don't be telling me I can't say anything, I know just as much about this stuff as anyone else. In fact I have seen it more then most people because I'm older then most of you. If I look like a ass, then that's my problem, I don't worry about if people don't like what I say, I was just making a joke out of people saying it's a FaceBook problem, how stupid is that!

Ghostv2
07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
If I make it next year (my 6th year) and if the parade is happening again I was going to bring candy to throw out. There were a ton of people, mostly kids, that would enjoy that. This year was great in most aspects but crap in a few.

As I was driving in it I thought the same thing. We should make it a parade they get excited to see. Ones that their kids will get excited for and bug their parents and grandparents to attend.

Get some good music blasting on that big red I seen that made it to the river, get just_ben to throw some candy in that cooler trailer, get mik6 to use his air horns like a fire engine.

We could do tons of cool things with this. Make mini 3 wheeler themed floats to tow behind big reds. Make it a contest.

Yea it's neat to see that many 3 wheelers all lined up but we can make it much better.

I'll donate my time or lend a hand to anyone who wants to make a float or something. I'll help throw out candy. Hell, deliver It to my house and I'll pull it with my truck, I never bring a trailer.

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Mickey Dunlap, you do not have the slightest idea what is going on here, period. Not only are you very likely not going to be part of the solution, but you're very fast becoming a part of the problem. Nobody is asking you what you think. I have all the proof I need right here in my hands, things you know absolutely nothing about. It's already been covered that you do not have the experience to even understand any of this. Drop your gigantic ego, take a seat, and sit back while myself and those in the know handle this so people such as yourself can continue to enjoy this event the way it's supposed to be. How can you have the slightest idea what to do? You don't know who anyone is, you don't know what Trikefest is about, you don't even know where the Shoe Tree is! If at some point I need to call someone in for an exorcism or if I need something translated from stupid I will absolutely call upon you. For the time being stand at ease. If you keep this up I'm putting you on kitchen duty the entire time you're at your next Trikefest.

This is Trikefest, not Trikefest presented by Facebook. It existed long before Facebook came into play and it will be here indefinitely. You know one thing in common that most people who are obsessed with Facebook have? Many people who are obsessed with Facebook have no friends in real life. That's why they latch on to Facebook the way they do. This event is grass roots, down to earth, blood, sweat, and gears. It was created organically by true enthusiasts and as such has drawn just that, those who seek. If they're willing to look they have what it takes. If it's crammed in their face it becomes a commercial and that is not what we're after and very clearly not what we need.

Mickey, what is your obsession with Facebook being involved in Trikefest?What is your agenda that you're pushing so hard for? Please give me your reasons for seeing Facebook as a benefit to our rather quaint and humble event. Here is a con to get you started. Con- Facebook draws some people who have zero concept of the meaning of this event and in turn their actions have caused us liberties that took years for us to build. You yourself were able to take advantage of said liberties during your stay at Haspin, yet here you stand fighting for us to lose more. I'd like you to respond to this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Don't be telling me I can't say anything, I know just as much about this stuff as anyone else. In fact I have seen it more then most people because I'm older then most of you. If I look like a ass, then that's my problem, I don't worry about if people don't like what I say, I was just making a joke out of people saying it's a FaceBook problem, how stupid is that!

You really aren't contributing anything positive to this thread. We are trying to figure out a legitimate way to prevent this type of behavior in the future. You are just interested in "making a joke".

You are over looking the fact that this hasn't been a problem untill the group of kids that found out about trikefest on Facebook showed up to party and raise trouble. Alcohol has a major presence every year, but it hasn't been a major issue untill this year. No doubt in my mind that these kids came from Facebook. The forum members are more responsible than the new arrivals.

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Greg I have all the proof we need and we're just getting started bud.

Madman Racing
07-01-2016, 12:32 PM
I've been involved in the three wheeler scene since I was 9 yrs old in 81. I absolutely embrace this "second coming " or trike resurgence because finally I'm getting appreciated finally as a builder/racer, and to meet alot of fellow trike addicts,and some of my Dirt Wheels racer heroes from my childhood. I have not attended trikefest yet,but after hearing all this crazy stuff going on from fights,drugs,drinking,no helmets and riding, and destruction of property ,it sounds like history repeating itself from back in 87 when we lost this great sport /hobby. And then I see some of the 'elders' of this Web page bad mouthing a Legend who attended this event to help people fix trikes,and let the younger generation meet a pioneer of this sport, it makes me wonder if I even want to attend. After all, wasn't trikes and trike racing supposed to be about fun not fighting,and drama? I'm sure I will get crucified for my opinions, as always on here. But I couldn't go unheard this time..

Ghostv2
07-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Where they came from isn't the issue at hand. This could be a Twitter exclusive event. As long as it's open invitation, word of mouth is enough to bring in a few bad eggs.

The altercations that occurred, no longer the problem (except the river incident). What Micky does or thinks, how he spends his time at trikefest, also irrelevant.

Look at the big picture rather than trying to solve personal issues.

Figure how how to take care of future situations similar to those which occurred, prevention, and consequences. That's what it's all about. If anything it's something that should occur between the people who put on the event and haspin staff. Anything beyond that is just suggestions and ideas. So leave all the BS behind and contribute by voicing your ideas.

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 01:01 PM
I've been involved in the three wheeler scene since I was 9 yrs old in 81. I absolutely embrace this "second coming " or trike resurgence because finally I'm getting appreciated finally as a builder/racer, and to meet alot of fellow trike addicts,and some of my Dirt Wheels racer heroes from my childhood. I have not attended trikefest yet,but after hearing all this crazy stuff going on from fights,drugs,drinking,no helmets and riding, and destruction of property ,it sounds like history repeating itself from back in 87 when we lost this great sport /hobby.

That is exactly what we are trying to prevent by trying to contain the "riff raff". We have never had a problem as big as it was this year.

kiser
07-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Any public event has or will have idiots like we had at TF this year. There really is nothing we can do about them coming but we can all as a group, police the event. A few of us spoke up to a kid that was riding around without a helmet. He didn't like it and I don't care. I spoke up at the fight during the herk and jerk. I told the kid that started it to go back to his camp. He was to loaded to really hear me so I told his buddies we didn't need that crap so get him out of here. They did and we continued. I guess what I'm saying is don't be shy or turn the other cheek. If nothing is done to correct a problem, the problem will always be there. Maybe face book did bring the undesirables in but we as a group can try to make the experience they have bad for them so hopefully they won't come back.

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 01:15 PM
I've been involved in the three wheeler scene since I was 9 yrs old in 81. I absolutely embrace this "second coming " or trike resurgence because finally I'm getting appreciated finally as a builder/racer, and to meet alot of fellow trike addicts,and some of my Dirt Wheels racer heroes from my childhood. I have not attended trikefest yet,but after hearing all this crazy stuff going on from fights,drugs,drinking,no helmets and riding, and destruction of property ,it sounds like history repeating itself from back in 87 when we lost this great sport /hobby. And then I see some of the 'elders' of this Web page bad mouthing a Legend who attended this event to help people fix trikes,and let the younger generation meet a pioneer of this sport, it makes me wonder if I even want to attend. After all, wasn't trikes and trike racing supposed to be about fun not fighting,and drama? I'm sure I will get crucified for my opinions, as always on here. But I couldn't go unheard this time..

OK Madman, you're right.

If I'm stepping on toes I'll drop it all right now. If none of my fellow veterans want to stand up and speak for me, because obviously my word doesn't matter as far as my own reputation goes, you won't have to worry about me saying anything else. I'm done with this image being portrayed upon me by this ego maniac and quite frankly it upsets my stomach every time someone fulfills the requirements of his ego. You guys like Mickey, that's great. I am very mobile, I like exploring. I can find someplace else to go.

If you are my friend please stand up. If I should stop I will drop everything and none of this is my concern.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 01:35 PM
You guys tried to make it a FaceBook thing, and I called BS on it. I also made a joke, because IT IS A JOKE to think that was the problem.

But now you want to get to the bottom of it and you THINK you know everything and how to fix it, you don't have a clue because it's a SIN problem. We are all human, we all start out with the control of sin in our lives. You should have seen what us Team Honda and Kawasaki boys did in the 80's, this stuff is nothing! You can fix the human heart. Jeremiah 7:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" We are all wicked, and until your heart is change you can only make man made rules to try and help the matter, but YOU CAN'T STOP IT. So get off you high horse and quit telling me I can't speak. I know more about how sin works because I lived longer in it and done things that I don't dare speak of. Only by the Grace of God I don't do those things anymore. I once was lost doing all the wicked things this world does so I know what I'm talking about, and I fully understand what the fix is, it Christ and only his work on the cross that can change the sinful heart. That's the bottom line, and there is no one that hasn't sinned, no not one!

Ghostv2
07-01-2016, 01:58 PM
OK Madman, you're right.

If I'm stepping on toes I'll drop it all right now. If none of my fellow veterans want to stand up and speak for me, because obviously my word doesn't matter as far as my own reputation goes, you won't have to worry about me saying anything else. I'm done with this image being portrayed upon me by this ego maniac and quite frankly it upsets my stomach every time someone fulfills the requirements of his ego. You guys like Mickey, that's great. I am very mobile, I like exploring. I can find someplace else to go.

If you are my friend please stand up. If I should stop I will drop everything and none of this is my concern.

This is suppose to be about how to fix the problems that occurred at trikefest and how to prevent them from happening again. Not your BS with Micky. Did you read my post at all or skip right to your personal drama with him? Did Micky get in any altercations at trikefest? No. He was smiling just as much as anyone who was there chatting with him.

Am I pro mick? Call it what you want. Sorry mick, nobody wants to see preachings on 3ww though.

You're no better than him the way I see it. (Your claming seniority for trikefest, he's claiming seniority in age and experience) Your acting like a child. Waaaahhh, if you guys aren't with me then I'm out.
.....no? You guys aren't backing me up?....well I'm out then! Screw you guys, I'm going home! [(Cartman voice*) so this is what it feels like to talk like glamy]

atctim
07-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Mickey - The way I read the original Facebook "mention" in this thread, is that these new "undesirables" heard about TF from Facebook, NOT 3WW. I would have to agree with that being a pretty reasonable explanation, although there is no real way of knowing how people find out about the event. I personally, as I'm sure the majority of us TF vets know / knew about TF because of 3WW, as Facebook was not mainstream when TF started. All speculation on my part, from making educated guesses. None of that is either here nor there. We have a people problem, and if we want TF to continue to be fun and sought after as it is for many, we must stand together not bicker amoungst ourselves.

Fabio - I am with you as I KNOW many of us other vets are. We need to stay on top of this issue so it does not get out of control (again), which by all accounts it did a few times this year. I personally look forward to TF every year as I get to be with "my people". I plan my vacation around TF like it is a family reunion, which it actually is, and not because of all the "Keisters" there either. I am all about getting to the root of the problem and making sure it is not repeated. If we need to bring pitch forks and torches and form a mob to confront a few bad apples, so be it. I, and I know in my heart most of you guys will rally to defeat.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 04:07 PM
This is suppose to be about how to fix the problems that occurred at trikefest and how to prevent them from happening again. Not your BS with Micky. Did you read my post at all or skip right to your personal drama with him? Did Micky get in any altercations at trikefest? No. He was smiling just as much as anyone who was there chatting with him.

Am I pro mick? Call it what you want. Sorry mick, nobody wants to see preachings on 3ww though.

You're no better than him the way I see it. (Your claming seniority for trikefest, he's claiming seniority in age and experience) Your acting like a child. Waaaahhh, if you guys aren't with me then I'm out.
.....no? You guys aren't backing me up?....well I'm out then! Screw you guys, I'm going home! [(Cartman voice*) so this is what it feels like to talk like glamy]

I understand no one likes preaching anywhere, but that's what we are to do, and God has all the answers, so I'll go with the one with all the answers even though I don't always like His answers I know he is in control. No hard feeling here!:cool:

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 04:36 PM
I understand no one likes preaching anywhere, but that's what we are to do, and God has all the answers, so I'll go with the one with all the answers even though I don't always like His answers I know he is in control. No hard feeling here!:cool:

We are here on this forum to enjoy trikes and the fellowship and the love for our machines, not to preach gospel to one another. I am happy that Jesus made a difference in your life I really am. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but Mickey... You just seem to be posting to ruffle feathers and try to provoke an Internet pissing match. It has been pointed out by many different people over the past few days on acouple different threads that the group that discovered trikefest are indeed the ones that caused 90% the problems. You kept insisting it wasn't facebooks fault, no one is blaming Facebook personally.

Fabio has the proof including confessions from most of the group that were involved. I trust his research and have found that he simply doesn't throw accusations unless he can back it up. With the screen shots of the involved parties Facebook conversations, we can identify them and possibly have the ability to have Pete's staff pull their phone numbers from their waivers they filled out at sign in. If haspin's managment sees fit, they have the ability and right to phone them and ask them not to return to the park.

This simple discussion about how to fix this problem is coming dangerously close to coming off the rails as it speeds out of control with fuel that doesn't need thrown into the fire.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 05:25 PM
We are here on this forum to enjoy trikes and the fellowship and the love for our machines, not to preach gospel to one another. I am happy that Jesus made a difference in your life I really am. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but Mickey... You just seem to be posting to ruffle feathers and try to provoke an Internet pissing match. It has been pointed out by many different people over the past few days on acouple different threads that the group that discovered trikefest are indeed the ones that caused 90% the problems. You kept insisting it wasn't facebooks fault, no one is blaming Facebook personally.

Fabio has the proof including confessions from most of the group that were involved. I trust his research and have found that he simply doesn't throw accusations unless he can back it up. With the screen shots of the involved parties Facebook conversations, we can identify them and possibly have the ability to have Pete's staff pull their phone numbers from their waivers they filled out at sign in. If haspin's managment sees fit, they have the ability and right to phone them and ask them not to return to the park.

This simple discussion about how to fix this problem is coming dangerously close to coming off the rails as it speeds out of control with fuel that doesn't need thrown into the fire.

Well you can judge me how ever you want, but just because I preach the word of God doesn't mean I rub some the wrong way, it's what Gods word does. And it does that because it's like salt in a wound, but then it heals too so it's good, but at first it doesn't FEEL that way. I am commanded to go into ALL the world a preach the good news, so I do what God says not man. It's just the way it is, besides if 3 wheelers is all that was talked about on here this site would really be dead. I have got on here seeing nothing but things of the world that had nothing to do with 3 wheeler, but preach the good news , the only thing that matters in the whole world and I'm the bad guy. LOL Some day you and every one will stand before God as judge, then you will have nothing to say.:cry:

clmeue37
07-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Mickey...there is an open forum here that you could start a thread to spread His word. I understand your intention and I also understand that ruffling some feathers is all part of it but if you were to consolidate it to a thread devoted to the topic I guarantee you would draw in people with conflicting beliefs. It's not necessary to hijack a thread such as this one. We don't care about why this group of people acted in the manner they did at haspin, we're trying to figure out a solution to keep it from happening again. You're preaching to a group of respected/respectful, giving, and good people. You're basically telling them that they are inferior to you when it's not true. Not true in the slightest respect.

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Well you can judge me how ever you want, but just because I preach the word of God doesn't mean I rub some the wrong way, it's what Gods word does. And it does that because it's like salt in a wound, but then it heals too so it's good, but at first it doesn't FEEL that way. I am commanded to go into ALL the world a preach the good news, so I do what God says not man. It's just the way it is, besides if 3 wheelers is all that was talked about on here this site would really be dead. I have got on here seeing nothing but things of the world that had nothing to do with 3 wheeler, but preach the good news , the only thing that matters in the whole world and I'm the bad guy. LOL Some day you and every one will stand before God as judge, then you will have nothing to say.:cry:

I don't get you Mickey. I'm not trying to be mean, but you are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro stirrer that doesnt know when to quit. This thread is about that group of jackasses that were causing trouble at trikefest not your religious agenda. Like I said acouple times before I'm glad you found Jesus and he helped turn your life around I really am. I'm not mocking or bashing your faith at all. You just can't seem to absorb the topic and purpose of this thread.

conbon
07-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Any public event has or will have idiots like we had at TF this year. There really is nothing we can do about them coming but we can all as a group, police the event. A few of us spoke up to a kid that was riding around without a helmet. He didn't like it and I don't care. I spoke up at the fight during the herk and jerk. I told the kid that started it to go back to his camp. He was to loaded to really hear me so I told his buddies we didn't need that crap so get him out of here. They did and we continued. I guess what I'm saying is don't be shy or turn the other cheek. If nothing is done to correct a problem, the problem will always be there. Maybe face book did bring the undesirables in but we as a group can try to make the experience they have bad for them so hopefully they won't come back.

I think kiser is on the right path here. Not sure if increasing our rules (now Haspin and Laurel increasing their rules is outside our control) isn't necessarily the best policy, all that's going to do is suck the fun out of it for both newbies and oldies. I think one of the best things we could do for the time being is get better at making sure the existing rules are acknowledged and enforced as best as possible. I don't recall from TF15 (my first and only year) if there is anything similar already in place, but maybe some flyers could be printed out on brightly colored paper outlining what the main rules are and given out when people are paying admission. This eliminates all the "well, I didn't know"'s and makes it so people have no excuse for why they are breaking the rules. This will also increase the number of people that do know the rules that can help self police. I think we as a whole group (newbies, oldies, racers, spectators, drunkards, soberers, etc) all just need to get better at self policing ourselves. If you see somebody ride by without a helmet, tell them to put a helmet on. If you see that person tell the other person to "f-off" go tell them to put a helmet on. If you see two people tell someone to put a helmet on an the person tells both of them to "f-off" go tell him to put a helmet on. I guarantee you that if someone makes the choice to disobey rules and not wear a helmet every 30 seconds somebody tells him to put a helmet on, he's gonna get tired of that ish real quick and either A) put a dang helmet on or B) not come back to the event.

I can say from my experiences last year, prior to arriving at trikefest and once I arrived there, I never once saw "no riding in the river" posted as a rule anywhere. Sure enough, I went down in the river and went to ride out in it and a few people said "hey, you're not allowed to ride in the river". I said "I'm sorry, I didn't know that was a rule, it won't happen again" and I never set foot in that river again (well, except for late one night when it was at flood stage, I went and rode around in the non-moving overflow on the trail in to practice riding water wheelies and see how deep my trike could go). Right after I was told not to go in the river, one of my friends from my group came down to the river and went to ride it the water and I said "hey, they said we're not allowed to ride in the river" and he said "oh, okay, I didn't know that but now I do" and just like that the group as a whole got more educated and better at self policing.

As far as the comments Billy made about what was happening during the parade, I have spoken with him and several others about one of these incidents (involving a wheelie and a crash) and have also spoken to the responsible party about the incident. The responsible party was a first year attender and was not aware that riding wheelies was frowned upon, and after watching others do the same activity he attempted it too. He knows what he did now was a bad idea and shouldn't be a "repeat offender" next year. It was also brought to my attention that there was no formal "riders meeting" prior to the parade this year like there was last year, where it was made clearly known that everybody needed to wear a helmet, be mostly sober, not bring open containers, not ride wheelies, not do donuts, and just not act like an idiot in public. I'm not sure why this was skipped this year whether lack of resources or just thought that for the second year everybody should have enough common sense to know better, but whatever reason it was it probably would have helped reduce the chance of these incidents happening if it had taken place. I have made it known to Billy, but I will also make it known here that I would be glad to help coordinate this "riders meeting" along with helping anywhere else its needed to help make sure all aspects of trikefest go off without a hitch. I know its a small dedicated group that coordinates all the events and that that can strain people and take away from the fun of it. Screenshot this post, write down my name, my real name is Connor Jepsen (yes, I can be found on facebook), all anybody has to do is ask me and I'd be more than happy to lend a hand however I can. I would also be willing to help design and print "rules flyers" for distribution upon admission to the park if people this this will have any positive effect.

I was bummed I missed this year due to injury, but I was even more bummed after I started to hear that this was a rough year. I, probably like everybody else, want to see this event continue to go off without a hitch for years to come. Trikes in general have a bad rap, we all know this, and we don't need a positive event like trikefest that's filled with individuals dedicated to keeping the sport alive and healthy to be ruined by a few individuals that don't respect the trike community as a whole.

-Connor

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Connor you are right on track. Unfortunately the park is open to anyone that wants to show up. The forum members are all mostly good well intending people. Some with business interests to uphold, some are competitors at some of the MX races, some are friends that live several hundred miles away. For the most part we are all friends and brothers from other mothers. The problem that arises is anyone can pay to get in those gates whenever they want. It's just a shame that they all had trikes, and even tho they arent part of the forums, they still appear as part of our group. Their actions stain our reputation.

It would be roughly the same as if there were a jeep club that held a get together at the park. You and I happened to have jeeps and we showed up that weekend. Suppose they all were lined up going to cruise together thru town and we jumped inline with them. Also suppose while they were all out making an impression on town you and I decided to drift around a corner on the road. Even though all of those jeepers werent doing a darn thing wrong we soiled the towns perception of them.

It's not fair, but that is essentially what happened to us. We don't want it to happen again.

Billy Golightly
07-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Well this certainly exploded...

Mickey, I appreciate your contributions to the community and coming and participating in the event finally when I know you've been trying to make it on and off for several years. I'm glad to have the opportunity to shake your hand and talk with you a bit in the van before you parked. I'm glad you were able to come and experience what the event is (mostly) about and get a first hand perspective to make a judgement call about it and whether it was enjoyable to you or not. I have no doubt that despite the kinks in things here and there (Which when you consider the fact there are 500 people riding machines the government forced out of manufacturer that probably have a wee bit of the ole chip on the shoulder of defiance to begin with...) I know it is a great event, that shapes and transforms a lot of lives and has made some incredibly good friendship bonds over the years that cannot be duplicated anywhere else. Those are the things many people hold so dear to their hearts and defend vigorously. So when we have "crap" come up, it gets attacked, because its not apart of who we are and what we do. But Please, Lets stay focused in this particular thread at least on what the issues this year were, and how we can rationally and reasonably address them so we may grow past them. You wont ever keep alcohol out of Haspin Acres, so we need to look at this in a rational perspective on what WE as people who pay to enter and use the park like every one else can do.

I think a first step is a dialogue with Haspin staff voicing the issues and our disgust with them (which I did Saturday night). Next is formulating a plan to address and prevent it in a reasonable manner, which I feel like we're doing now in this forum in an open environment with several different boots on the ground perspectives and ideas. Thats a good thing. Doesn't look like too many people here are all like "Awe man cut them dudes some slack that were riding through peoples yards on bikes during the parade or riding in the river or trying to start fights." We're talking about it, and brainstorming ideas on how to fix it.

For Every one - a couple of facts;

The event WAS heavily promoted on Facebook - more than it ever had been. In the first week there was something like 45,000 views of the event page on Facebook after numerous shares on other groups and pages. One week before hand the event was shared on the ATV Rider Facebook page which has an impressive 500,000 followers. The 3WW Facebook in comparison barely breaches 9k. I state this to illustrate the fact it is not necessarily Facebook vs the forum but that there was an entirely different medium of people learning about the event this year than there has been. Does that make all Facebook people bad, well no of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro course not, duh. There's been some stupid stuff done by people that were members of this forum before Facebook at Haspin also. It is not Facebook inclusive. This particular year there was by far and wide margins more sources of visitors from that medium than anywhere else though, however. So in order to have a discussion, we have to generalize to a certain degree.

The turn out during the middle of the week was quite average. Wednesday morning I got up and was talking to a few folks and there really had not been that many people that came in different than Monday. We almost thought it would be a low year, then Thursday/Friday/Saturday it seemed to explode almost....

Nothing was so tragic as to have happened that Haspin didn't invite us back, quite the opposite as I was asked to make sure we would be back, despite the problems.

We were not told there would be no parade next year (Although If its up to me there may not be without some guarantees of additional oversight/enforcement that aren't our own people).

None of us are deputized or have the authority to throw someone out of the park. While there are long time people and members that could go to Pete or one of the staff and explain what happened, we can't point a finger and say GTFO. It does not work that way. While I'm glad that some people were able to take the hint from other folks attending, mob mentality can be a little bit dangerous as well. I'd like to find out who all the folks involved were and what proof there is of it, and then discuss that with the Haspin crew the next time we talk.

This is a group of folks that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and drives hundreds of thousands of miles collectively to get to the place. It is an extremely passionate subject for all involved, and every one only wants the very best of it.

In Short: There seemed to be a lot of new people and a shortage of common sense.

So - lets discuss ideas to resolve and fix the situation for next year in a rational amicable manner. I still have photos to finish editing and uploading.

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 06:17 PM
Translation; Mickey, sit the feck down and shut the frick up. You are causing problems. We have this under control.

Billy Golightly
07-01-2016, 06:19 PM
It was also brought to my attention that there was no formal "riders meeting" prior to the parade this year like there was last year, where it was made clearly known that everybody needed to wear a helmet, be mostly sober, not bring open containers, not ride wheelies, not do donuts, and just not act like an idiot in public. I'm not sure why this was skipped this year whether lack of resources or just thought that for the second year everybody should have enough common sense to know better, but whatever reason it was it probably would have helped reduce the chance of these incidents happening if it had taken place.

-Connor

Just to clarify on the riders meeting part - the day of when I went around to all the camps, I reiterated the rules as they had been given to me and told everyone I talked to about the parade about them. I also walked through the crowd before hand caught a few people *cough* *cough* with beers then that I told them to put away. So there was not a riders meeting perse with everyone all at once at the start, but these things were talked about.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Mickey...there is an open forum here that you could start a thread to spread His word. I understand your intention and I also understand that ruffling some feathers is all part of it but if you were to consolidate it to a thread devoted to the topic I guarantee you would draw in people with conflicting beliefs. It's not necessary to hijack a thread such as this one. We don't care about why this group of people acted in the manner they did at haspin, we're trying to figure out a solution to keep it from happening again. You're preaching to a group of respected/respectful, giving, and good people. You're basically telling them that they are inferior to you when it's not true. Not true in the slightest respect.

No where do I say anyone is inferior to me, God yes! Not me, but to say I know nothing of the problem just isn't true, it's a human heart problem and yes that is a higher level to man opinion. You can make new rules, kick people out (more will come). I'm talking about humans, guns don't kill people, people kill people. If you don't get that and I'm speaking above what people understand , who's problem is that?:rolleyes:

conbon
07-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Just to clarify on the riders meeting part - the day of when I went around to all the camps, I reiterated the rules as they had been given to me and told everyone I talked to about the parade about them. I also walked through the crowd before hand caught a few people *cough* *cough* with beers then that I told them to put away. So there was not a riders meeting perse with everyone all at once at the start, but these things were talked about.

That is good to know. My train of thought goes to "hey everybody, listen up. I know Billy has walked around and told everybody what the rules are for this, but just as a reminder..." just so that it is crystal clear without a doubt what is expected of the group. I didn't know who the F a "billy go lightly" was prior to last year (I wasn't very active on forums before TF), and to be honest if you walked into my camp and said "hey guys remember, no beer or wheelies during the parade" I probably would have been like "pshh, who was that guy and what crawled up his butt and died?" but you bet your ass when I pulled up to the parade and you were standing up front with a bullhorn repeating the same spiel as earlier I was like "oh, I guess he's important, we should probably listen to him then". I know you have a lot of good faith in the community to have common sense, but as we've learned that isn't always the case, and maybe for future reference reiterating what should be common sense ahead of time might help those couple people that are lacking in that department...

-Connor

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 06:40 PM
I don't get you Mickey. I'm not trying to be mean, but you are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro stirrer that doesnt know when to quit. This thread is about that group of jackasses that were causing trouble at trikefest not your religious agenda. Like I said acouple times before I'm glad you found Jesus and he helped turn your life around I really am. I'm not mocking or bashing your faith at all. You just can't seem to absorb the topic and purpose of this thread.

Ever think that you just don't get it? This world with all the wisdom is getting worse, do you think you have the answers? Do you thing our government has the answers, the answer is Jesus, like it or not! If you don't get that don't blame me!

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Ever think that you just don't get it? This world with all the wisdom is getting worse, do you think you have the answers? Do you thing our government has the answers, the answer is Jesus, like it or not! If you don't get that don't blame me!

Well Mickey, call on Jesus to solve this one for us. You will probably have more to show for your time by pooping in your hand.

Start a thread in the open forum and tell people about Jesus and the 7 dwarfs and how they rescued the princess of Zelda.

clmeue37
07-01-2016, 06:50 PM
No where do I say anyone is inferior to me, God yes! Not me, but to say I know nothing of the problem just isn't true, it's a human heart problem and yes that is a higher level to man opinion. You can make new rules, kick people out (more will come). I'm talking about humans, guns don't kill people, people kill people. If you don't get that and I'm speaking above what people understand , who's problem is that?:rolleyes:

No comment. Your ignorance is blatantly obvious. Trikefest is becoming to me what it has been to lots of people for many years. You just don't get it and that is your problem. Have a blessed day Mickey.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Translation; Mickey, sit the feck down and shut the frick up. You are causing problems. We have this under control.

LOL You are not in control! You have no power over me so get over your self! LOL

El Camexican
07-01-2016, 06:53 PM
For the love of God Mickey, you sound just like my mother before she chased all her old friends away. Maybe you can come down to the river next year and baptize all the young Facebook hellions and show them the path to righteousness isn't off the road on a trike and into a tree?

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 06:55 PM
No comment. Your ignorance is blatantly obvious. Trikefest is becoming to me what it has been to lots of people for many years. You just don't get it and that is your problem. Have a blessed day Mickey.

I had a great time, everyone that met me had a great time, it was ALL good for me and I'll be back. So thank you I will have a blessed day!

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 07:01 PM
For the love of God Mickey, you sound just like my mother before she chased all her old friends away. Maybe you can come down to the river next year and baptize all the young Facebook hellions and show them the path to righteousness isn't off the road on a trike and into a tree?

While I increased my friends I don't go where I wouldn't fit in, I attracted people, didn't chase anyone away. Those that I did get out and see that I didn't know they were more then welcoming. There are those that won't come around me and that's OK, just like you, you walked away. Yes I seen you.;)

El Camexican
07-01-2016, 07:05 PM
While I increased my friends I don't go where I wouldn't fit in, I attracted people, didn't chase anyone away. Those that I did get out and see that I didn't know they were more then welcoming. There are those that won't come around me and that's OK, just like you, you walked away. Yes I seen you.;)

Yep, I did. It must have been God's will :)

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Mickey you are so full of yourself. Maybe next year the paparazzi will be there to take pictures of you without your halo.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Yep, I did. It must have been God's will :)

Petty in my book.

Mickey Dunlap
07-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Mickey you are so full of yourself. Maybe next year the paparazzi will be there to take pictures of you without your halo.

Maybe I like who I am, maybe you don't, who has the problem? I think I have earned where I am in life, what I have done in the industry.

hoosierlogger
07-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Ok how are we going to keep this negative behavior that took place this year from ruining trikefest at haspin for us?

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Dear Mickey,

Thanks for the fenders and the engine work. That's not a warrant for you to do as you please. You're way out of your element here and you're insisting on interjecting yourself where you do not belong, are not needed, and where nobody asked you to be. You're like a cook right now offering to help fix a transmission. Yeah your soup is great but it's not going to do anything to fix my transmission.

I was very nice to you from the word go here and that's the only olive branch you will ever get from me. You sir, have some extremely large social issues and your J-list celebrity status may be enough to lure some people in and overlook your huge shortcomings, but it has never mattered to me.

I put others before myself to a degree that it's damaging to me. You are the direct opposite. We are oil and water, we will never get along. I'm grateful to you for speaking your mind as freely as you have been because it's been difficult for me to convey to other people how poisonous you are. You have done an absolutely outstanding job of showing everyone just how ignorant you are, and for this I thank you from the bottom of my heart. The arrogance to try and interject so deeply on a subject you know so little about, and insisting things that would ensure the problems we've had would continue. Shame on you for becoming a part of the problem rather than pushing for a solution. As of now in my eyes you are the same as those who committed the unfortunate acts this past year, you are on their team and no better than them. You are against me and in turn against this site as we wrestle with this problem. I can assure you this will be handled and I will be a part of it, just as I stated from the beginning. Your problems that have been nothing other than a hindrance will be taken into account as to where your position is. Thank you for being very clear with your point of view.

jeswinehart
07-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Ok how are we going to keep this negative behavior that took place this year from ruining trikefest at haspin for us?

Simply report it to Haspin staff at front office ~ we are there to camp/ride/compete/relax ~ period.
We do NOT work there. We are NOT expected to work there. Nor are we expected to put up with a few people who are hell bent on raising as much hell as they possibly can.

atc12
07-01-2016, 08:59 PM
What area did these ''bad kids'' camp in?

Billy Golightly
07-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Simply report it to Haspin staff at front office ~ we are there to camp/ride/compete/relax ~ period.
We do NOT work there. We are NOT expected to work there. Nor are we expected to put up with a few people who are hell bent on raising as much hell as they possibly can.
++++++++++++++ infinity !

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DohcBikes
07-01-2016, 10:00 PM
Mickey you are so full of yourself. Maybe next year the paparazzi will be there to take pictures of you without your halo.Please, God. Help Mickey Dunlap to find the courage to listen to, and the wisdom to be able to comprehend this message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVXTmav24Wk

"The Noose" by A Perfect Circle - Album - Thirteenth Step (you ought to listen to all of it)

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Now that's dead nuts Damon. I don't even have to hit play, I already know what song it is. Very cool.

ironchop
07-01-2016, 11:11 PM
OK. So I asked John in a text where I can find all the names and pictures of the offending group but I think he forgot to answer me. Can we post some info here?

I've been staying off Facebook to try and keep my stress level down.

I've been to '14 and '15 but a trifecta of unfortunate circumstances kept me away this year so I witnessed nothing. Everything I know is from friends I talked to who were there. I trust them all so I have no reason to doubt anything I was told. I feel partly responsible for helping promote TF on FB. I had quit the place for awhile but alot of people I miss from here BITD, are easily accessible on FB. I rejoined, got on a five trike pages and when TF was brought up, people had questions. I did my best to answer when I could until I couldn't help but notice how lazy people don't like to look anything up or read stuff and I got tired of telling people "weekend after Father's Day" and "Haspin Acres" 200 times in one thread. So I quit promoting. One of the trike pages I once belonged to was called ATC ANIMALS and there are a small group of fellas on there who like to raise hell and fight so they claimed. The subject of TF came up and was a favorite subject of the admins on this page. As some other members here know, those same gentleman turned on a well respected female member of this forum and things got really fukken stoopid. My point is, THIS was the moment I realized that maybe I shouldn't have helped promote the event. I had left Facebook for a few years because bullsheet but I gave it another shot and was quickly disappointed. I quit that page in support of this forum member but it was a stark lesson that you never know who or what you invite in off the internet so if I'm ever back on FB for any significant presence, I'll either keep TF to myself or ill be more selective about who I invite next time.

I say this much, I'm not too appalled because I wasn't there and plus I've seen jeepers break out into drunken brawls twenty guys deep at Haspin. I'd say we aren't yet in any jeopardy of being asked to go elsewhere. It's no excuse for poor behavior though.

I'm probably not the best person to offer suggestions. I'm pretty rough around the edges and butt kickings are still an acceptable form of behavior modification to me so I would call it "handled" (thanks J!). Now I know there are a lot more refined and classy members than myself who disagree and would rather have a violence-free good time. I can totally respect that too. I've just seen alot worse than this so I'm not really shocked at all. Disappointed, yeah but not shocked.

I'm confused about this much...... Ive been here ten years and it's always been "we should police ourselves"......so we argued about helmets in riding pics, and behavior on public land, trespassing on private property, and much more over the years here. There was/is always one crowd that says we should mind our own business and the other side is "see something, say something"....we are still doing the same thing in this thread.

Everyone agreed the "events" were asinine. Personally, I'm not comfortable with demanding Pete get tough. Everyone used to agree that the leniency we were afforded was deserved and part of the benefit of being at Haspin over other places. Now folks want Haspin to get tough. I'm not sure the desired effect will be the only result. Truth is, alot of us probably could stand to party less and be sober when we ride. I'm guilty of that as much as anyone else. I will resolve to do better and keep my intoxicated behind at my campsite.

I know alot of my friends here who are long time TF are upset and I agree with their reasoning. It's a complicated situation though.

I was never in the parade because we left before it happened last year and didn't go this year. That probably disqualify me for having an opinion on the parade but if we are going to ask the cops to police trikers in a parade, I would rather not bother going in the parade at all to begin with. I've had enough with the American police state. Its killing my adult buzz. I have no problem with us watching ourselves. Demanding someone else do the uncomfortable stuff is kinda shady.

At TF 15, Porkchop went to ride up to the shower. Keister (one of them) caught him with no helmet and sent him back to get it. He was embarrassed and a little annoyed mostly because he got called on it. I explained the situation to him and he agreed he was in the wrong ultimately and his love of trikes trumped his ego and he wore it everywhere afterwards. In my opinion, self policing has worked fine for most people and most situations but drunk is drunk and I know not everyone is as comfortable fist fighting as some of us are so I don't expect my solution to be very popular at all. I say let things sort themselves out until they can't be and then you call security and if we need cops to police a parade, we don't need a parade.

Either way, the point of TF is to get together and celebrate our love of these death machines. Lots of things are out of our control:

1)Haspin lets in everyone with $15
2) even if you ban alcohol, you won't keep it out completely and who wants to inspect coolers?
3) you never know who you're dealing with
4) even the nicest person can become a monster with enough liquor
5) Anyone can be an a-hole. Facebook radically increases your chances of alerting a few of them that there's fun that needs to be ruined.....but we could also have a new member, like say one of my in-laws show up with all his rowdy drunken brothers and have a similar issue.

I'm sorry Joe had to get real with a mofo mostly for Joe's sake. He shouldn't have been put in that position. However I'm proud to hear "it got handled". Nice to know some have the cajones to do what's necessary. Are we even sure that Haspin security would do anything other than call the cops? Lots of places don't allow security officers to touch a drunk and belligerent person.

My opinion.........no more widespread promotion on FB. Invitation only as far as I care. If you don't contribute to our forum, why should you enjoy the perks? If a member would like to invite a person, fine, but you are responsible for their behavior. Don't want to be? Then don't invite butthole friends. Now this won't keep out trikers who pay Haspin like the other folks but I'm sure it will curb the probability of having a repeat episode. Unfortunately, I can think of one non-member named Anthony and his son, I think from Jersey (Hoosierlogger knows them too), who were at 14 and 15 and were a great couple of guys who might have never heard of TF but for Facebook or Google. I think it's still necessary though.

This solves Mickey's issue. He can invite Jimmy White as long as he keeps Jimmy White off people's lawns and other guy's wives.

You can't prevent people from coming unless it's not held in a public ATV park either. That's a huge obstacle.

Not much of a suggestion but it's a complicated problem so there is no easy solution.

250rAL
07-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Having read most of this thread even though I've never been to TF, it seems like the easiest solution would be to have it during the week and wrap up by Friday. If it's that important for someone to attend, they'll plan their vacation around it.

fabiodriven
07-01-2016, 11:52 PM
Very good post Doug. To answer your question about the thugs, I have passed the information on to William just a couple of short hours ago. It was given to me, I didn't find it, and I am endlessly thankful they thought I was the person to share with. I was anticipating the excitement of our community when I shared the news of what I had, but instead nobody gave a shite. Then Jesus Christ comes to town and now everyone is debating on whether we should investigate those who caused the problems and use the evidence we have against them or if we should call the Pope and find out what would Jesus do. I'm glad some finally came to their senses and had the balls to speak their minds in an open forum (god forbid!), however I'm disappointed there would ever even be a debate between taking action to prevent this from happening again or praising Jesus trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro Christ. This is where you people need to stop and examine your thought processes and what modern media has done to you. It's like the transgender bathroom debate or long form math or whatever that crap is called. These are no-brainers, yet you all have to think about it. People, women go in the women's room and men go in the men's room. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't have too many arguments about what's between whoever's legs in the bathroom. Why when the TV tells you to be concerned are you? Math that takes longer to do is better? Let me repeat that; MATH, which any sane person doesn't particularly enjoy doing most times, needs to be made more painful? And the reasoning behind this is.... In my opinion, to test the threshold of what can be passed off upon the general public. You can't be sure, you have to think about it.

So no, I did not share it with you at that moment Doug. This information is crucial and the community almost wasn't going to get it from me due to the lack of support I saw. Nobody cared Doug. Nobody got excited that we knew who was guilty and that we could now take action. The most excited person on here was working against me. Isn't that sad? The person working the most diligently on this subject aside from myself was actually working against me. Not only did I have to beg for help, but I had to fight someone on my way to delivering this information. So 3WW got the information it needed in the end, but only by the skin of it's teeth. This is the very beginning so we'll see what happens with it.

One group (possibly two, we're working on that) comes to our event and causes nothing but problems. Do we?

A- Find out who they are and make sure they're not welcomed back

B- Lick our wounds and make amends with those who host us and had to deal with the unruly group

C- Praise Jesus and continue to invite those who cost us liberties that took years to obtain

D- Listen to the opinion of a person who has as much time total at Trikefest as I have moving my bowels at Trikefest

Why is this an option? What was there to think about? Aside from God's gift to three wheeling, does anyone really think the solution to our problem at Trikefest lies in praising Jesus?

Why was there a debate about Facebook? It's not theorized that's where these people came from, IT IS FACT. Why the insistence of promotion on Facebook? We stand to gain nothing from higher numbers. If you are trike people, you will find us. A vetting process is a fantastic thing, and that's what our forum inadvertently is. WE ALL KNOW ONE ANOTHER AND HAVE REPUTATIONS TO UPKEEP. It's well known among our community that we are different people than many, that we are all of a similar mindset, and it's amazing that we all find each other. If you plaster a Trikefest commercial all over the place to attract more then you are putting the thought in their mind, it's not their own thought or drive which brings them to Indiana. We were all driven to seek out 3WW, then seek out Haspin Acres. There was no "event" on Facebook that was shared time and time again. There was our group of people, very tight knit, but almost all of the additions were friends or relatives of people who had already been, that or board members. Facebook people are completely unknown and as we have been shown have the power to waltz right into our community and appear as we do on the outside yet be completely different in their actions and will.

The information is in the right hands and we will be taking action. We're not going to hold a prayer circle and encourage more people to come and mess up what we've built, we're going to attack this problem head on and we will be certain this particular group does us no more harm. This is going to be taken care of and I'm guessing the information I know will be made public at some point but that's not entirely up to me.

Madman Racing
07-02-2016, 12:55 AM
Wow! That read like a sermon from the almighty himself!

MattDragontamer
07-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Wow, lots of stuff got posted in a day.

Unfortunately Mickey seems to have tried to make it a "his problem" page. There is a great song you should listen to... it's called "Let it go, Let it go..." kids love it...
Point is, it's one thing to try and correct a bad statement and another to be starting a logistic fight on the forms by calling people out. And continuing to write up
meaningless comment because you got your feelings hurt to try and turn the situation around to your favor doesn't help. Because of this, many posts about a serious topic
are now downed out because of your scwabble with other members. You have proven with your actions that some people can't get the hint to shhhh up and move on.
This type of action contributes to the problem we face as a group. Certain individuals can't get the hint even though they are told several times to correct their actions.

Anywho, I like many of the ON TOPIC posts about the issues and I think that like many have stated, that we as a group have to monitor and report to Haspin if there is a problem.
As long as people feel confident to report without worry, things might get better managed. Even sourcing out the more respected members for a second opinion on issues might help
before reporting.

With what went down this year, it is going to take some serious trust rebuilding on your part to bring things back to par. It takes but one bad apple to ruin the batch, but if dealt with
in time, the batch as a whole can be saved.

As I stated before, there are minor issues that should be made clear for future attendance.
Made sure to have fully operational brakes, headlight, taillight (if possible) and a proper DOT helmet.

Everyone showed up breathing, lets make sure everyone goes home breathing.
I unfortunately was struck with some bad luck this year with one of my Taurus650's governors.
It got stuck in full throttle. Though damage was sustained to the trike and the taillight of another,
the operator was able to stop and shut down the trike via the kill switch before it became a much more serious issue.
Using shoes or downshifting to stop is just dumb as heck. And only front brakes should not cut it.
DO NOT FORGET there are kids, babies and pregnant women at this event and if basic safety features
are neglected, we are just asking for something to go horribly wrong.

It was commented to me that "If you have a problem with how we do things, go back to your communist Canada" by a certain couple
that I had mentioned that they needed to both be wearing helmets and that it is single riding only with the exemption on having a child
with you. And I would assume by child they mean up to 10yrs old.

I know that Haspin has been lenient with us on the double riding, but most times it is just puttering around. But many times this year
there has been couples and a certain couple of girls that were racing around, going up the road and down to the river at high speed.

The term "Use common sense" is a bad term, because it isn't to common these days.
I prefer the question "what can go wrong" or "can this hurt me".

But hey, what do I know about being safe, i'm just a communist Canadian that liked to get away once a year to have fun with friends.

MattDragontamer
07-02-2016, 01:38 AM
Having read most of this thread even though I've never been to TF, it seems like the easiest solution would be to have it during the week and wrap up by Friday. If it's that important for someone to attend, they'll plan their vacation around it.

It may not be a bad idea, Start it Wednesday and it would allow things to wrap up by Friday night and those that work Monday have time to get home and clean up on the weekend.

ironchop
07-02-2016, 02:07 AM
"go back to communist Canada"!?!?!?!

WTF?

RamsesRibb
07-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Wow. This has been a very good read. Especially the back and forth with Mickey and Fabio!

Seriously, I use Facebook as a tool to track low lives in my profession and I will say that many of the heaviest users of that service are ne'er-do-wells. If it were up to me I would try to have some type of personal invitation system in place. I have no idea how the park is run but it sounds like it is open to the public so if that is the case then maybe the owners can allow it to be closed to the public during the event. This would at least give the organizer more control over who attends. Finally, I would say that the helmet rule is really a property liability issue, and since it is a rule it should be made where everyone who enters the park has to sign off on it. If they get hurt for not following the rules then they are totally self responsible and the property cannot be held accountable or sued. Other violations would need to be handled differently in order to insure the public safety however. I say a warning system ultimately leading to expulsion for not following the rules. Make a complaint sheet where people can alert the management.

MattDragontamer
07-02-2016, 06:40 AM
"go back to communist Canada"!?!?!?!

WTF?

Yea, it was one of the altercation down at the river as I was leaving. I met them at the bottom of the hill just as the dirt starts. But it dosen't bother me that much. Just really annoyed about it. It was that night I told others about the crap flying around.

Mickey Dunlap
07-02-2016, 11:34 AM
OK, If you go back and read everything I said , but take Jesus out what did I say that wasn't true? Nothing, some of you have a problem with God stuff, that's OK (kind of) but the facts that I said it's not a FaceBook problem, it's a more people problem. The more people that come the more problem you will have. So get off you anti Mickey/ Jesus rants. I would like to bring Dirt Wheels to this, is it then going to be because of them coming? No! I said years ago that me and Cain from Dirt Wheel would stay at a motel because we wouldn't want to be around the stuff that would go on all night and you guys got mad at that, but it happens doesn't it. I parked where I did, next to the shiter's as was said because I was up and away from where the drinking was going to be because I don't drink, and when I did I got out of hand, 4 DWI's worth, so I know not to go to stay away from what I used to do. That doesn't make me better then anyone, just safer. lol I put my ear plugs it and slept great, no problems, just like 99% of the people at TF. Your problem with me is Jesus, that's too bad, that's who I am, but you can't say I don't know what I'm talking about as far as the problem, I have been there and done that, and then some, so at least give me that.

Mickey Dunlap
07-02-2016, 11:53 AM
The funny thing is, you guys don't either believe in God, or don't believe the Word of God, the Bible, but here it tells of the very thing that happens to me if I talk about Jesus. If the word isn't true how could this happen?:wondering

John 15:18-27King James Version (KJV)

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

hoosierlogger
07-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Mickey, let it go!

Ghostv2
07-02-2016, 12:00 PM
I think now is a great time to just close the thread. Clearly, it's getting nowhere.

DohcBikes
07-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Actually it's going very well other than one troll poster that has been asked multiple times to move on. Regardless of your affinity for Mickey which honestly baffles me, he is obviously here for all the wrong reasons. In addition to his self importance I think there might be some arrested development involved. Very childish the way he interacts.

fabiodriven
07-02-2016, 12:28 PM
I think now is a great time to just close the thread. Clearly, it's getting nowhere.

Ghost what you need to realize is that there is one person here causing the problem in this thread. I don't appreciate your dismissal of my efforts but that's fine, I'm still doing this for you anyways.

This thread has been a tremendous success despite the efforts of one person to stop this noble cause. As I type this there is a member of our forum speaking face to face with a member of Haspin Acres and showing him the proof that was passed to me.

I don't need your support but stay the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of the way please. This thread is accomplishing exactly what we need it to.

ironchop
07-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Yea, it was one of the altercation down at the river as I was leaving. I met them at the bottom of the hill just as the dirt starts. But it dosen't bother me that much. Just really annoyed about it. It was that night I told others about the crap flying around.
I would like to think we trikers can at least have enough respect for each other to just say "OK thanks for the reminder."........or if not trikers, MEN.

I also thought about TF events being during the week instead of the weekend. That might not work for everyone due to limited number of available vacation days or any number of reasons.

Personally, I had already been using half my vacation for the week of TF anyway so I like the idea of being gone when the regular crowd shows up. I like to ride as much as I can because we don't get a chance to the rest of the year and the trails and campground get too crowded.

I think if we work around the Haspin regulars somehow, stop promoting on Facebook and go to a system of members inviting outsiders rather than "everyone should come! All you need is a trike!" then we can start to curb some of the problem. You are responsible for your buddies you invited.

Speaking for myself, what I liked about Haspin was that you had park rules but you didn't have security or the police hovering over you. As long as you behaved yourself, you got some leeway. I really like and respect alot of people here that I met along the way but I'm not going to shell out $1200-$2000 every year for very long to attend a festival where I can't cut loose a little without some dude on a golf cart pulling me over. I think we should be careful asking for more patrolling from people outside our group. As far as alcohol goes, you could make it alcohol free but I see ppl sneaking it in anyway OR just not showing up at all anymore. I don't drink but on very rare occasion so I'm not bothered by that but beer is pretty popular at TF.

hublake
07-02-2016, 12:45 PM
The first sentence of ironchop's post above says it all. Respect is a thing of the past unfortunately.

ironchop
07-02-2016, 01:47 PM
I don't think respect is rare these days. Just not as common though for sure.

To be honest, I was blown away by the amount of respectful people at TF the two years I went. One of the best large groups of people celebrating and having a good time that I've ever had the pleasure of attending.

As long as you can keep out the group that caused the trouble and be more vigilant about who is invited, I'm sure TF will return to the same safe but still fun festival it was before that's family friendly.

Mickey Dunlap
07-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Mickey, let it go!

I let it go as you say when you point out where I'm wrong other then you can't handle hearing the name of Jesus.

The truth is all you have to do like every big even where people come to party and some get out of control, have police there, pretty simple. Right now there is no law enforcement so anyone can do as they want. If it was my park there would be rules, and they would be enforced. If something really bad happen who do you think is going to get sued! It's really up to the owner to fix it, no one on here has the power to do so. Wow how hard is that.

clmeue37
07-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I let it go as you say when you point out where I'm wrong other then you can't handle hearing the name of Jesus.

The truth is all you have to do like every big even where people come to party and some get out of control, have police there, pretty simple. Right now there is no law enforcement so anyone can do as they want. If it was my park there would be rules, and they would be enforced. If something really bad happen who do you think is going to get sued! It's really up to the owner to fix it, no one on here has the power to do so. Wow how hard is that.

They've handled hearing it for far too long in this thread.

If you read closer there are already members here that are working with the staff at Haspin Acres to resolve future issues. It is being dealt with as it should be. Nobody cares about your lack of faith in human beings. As was stated in a previous post and from one Christian to another: Let. It. Go.

hoosierlogger
07-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Mickey, let it go!

roostin atc
07-02-2016, 07:31 PM
I missed out on Trikefest this year. This would have been my fourth trip to haspin, but things got in the way. Anyways I will return next year. I normally sit back and keep to myself. Mickey this has nothing to do with you whatsoever. So as Hoosier said leave it, this is not your battle. The real true veterans will handle it. The horse your riding is tired give it a rest. I sincerely hope you enjoyed yourself this year and hope to meet you in person next. Enjoy your Fourth of July weekend and forget about it.

Madman Racing
07-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Real true veterans of what? I'd like to hear this myself. Maybe I can look them up in my old Dirt Wheels Magazines.

roostin atc
07-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Real true veterans of what? I'd like to hear this myself. Maybe I can look them up in my old Dirt Wheels Magazines.
People who have been to Trikefest multiple times. People who actually ride trikes. People who know when to get off their high horse.233096. This tread is not about you Mickey or Jesus.

fabiodriven
07-02-2016, 08:10 PM
I can see why you and Mickey get along so well Madman, with the gargantuan egos you're both lugging around.

Let me put it to you this way; THIS THREAD AND PROBLEM HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR MICKEY DUNLAP. This event is put on by this site by its members. A founding member met with Haspin Acres staff today to discuss what we have found out. This entire time the two of you have been trying so desperately to get recognition and have posted here, neither of you has helped this situation at all.

Madman, for this portion I speak for myself. I have had a hand in fixing this problem which has nothing to do with you or your friend. If you and your friend want to start a thread about how awesome you were 25 years ago and attempt to get some dribs and drabs of attention to quell those massive egos of yours by all means feel free. In this thread WE DO NOT GIVE A trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro THAT YOU WERE ON A POSTER ONCE. This thread is about Trikefest, not about the two of you begging for attention. If you're a hero in somebody's eyes that's great, but this is not the thread for that. Despite all of yours and Mickey's attempts at not allowing this site to handle this situation, of which I cannot figure out for the life of me why the two of you insist so incessantly of doing, we are in the process of handling it just the way I suggested.

Take your friend, take your egos, take your poster, and shove them up your ass kindly.

Madman Racing
07-02-2016, 08:15 PM
I can assure you ,I am the real deal when It comes to lifelong riders,just unrecognized . The only people who who I see on here who are on a High Horse are the regular trike gods who think they know all ,and belittle or poke fun at people who don't kiss their asses online here. My trike family I ride ,race,and hang out with regularly numerous times a year in person without a hint of the drama bullshit I experience here on a regular basis or hear the week after your coveted Trikefest , which I've pretty much decided I have no interest in going after what I've seen on here.

fabiodriven
07-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Good! You should leave the thread and start your own. Thank you to Mickey Dunlap for showing who you are after I've seen for years, and thank you Madman for showing who you are before we had to deal with you for years, now we know right off. There would be no drama here if it weren't for you and your friend making me fight to preserve our event. That was really unnecessary and not something I will soon forget. I'm glad the community has gotten to see.

DohcBikes
07-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Just wanna stop in and say thanks to fabiodriven and the rest of the relevant veterans that are handling the Trikefest issues as they see fit. I'd like to get there someday, and seeing again this year how much it means to them to keep it pure and untainted by the egotism and nonsense of a few washed up self important ex racers, that bring a crowd that will never fit in here or at Trikefest with that attitude, makes the urge to get there even stronger.

MattDragontamer
07-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Just wanna stop in and say thanks to fabiodriven and the rest of the relevant veterans that are handling the Trikefest issues as they see fit... ...makes the urge to get there even stronger.

Thanks for the post. Trikefest has been a growing attraction over many years. I myself have only attended sense 2014. I can attest to the facts of my experiences over the years that it is by far the greatest getaway I have to look forward to all year. The level of friendliness, acceptance and assistance by everyone at Trikefest makes the time spent there even more unforgettable. It is a community made up of people from all around the world. The staff at Haspin go out of their way to ensure everyone has a good time.

The fact that members have the idea of pointing out and try to bring to light the issues we have faced as Trikefest grows shows that they genuinely care about the well being of the event and it's attendees.
It may very well be that we will go without incident in the following years and things go back to "normal", however, it is important to address the issues and have the means to deal with them in place.

Trikefest this year has been advertised via 3ww, Facebook, magazines, individual websites and work of mouth. Heck, I have the 3wheelerworld.com link on the back of my truck cap.
With this, 3WW and Trikefest get a lot of general exposure and it isn't a bad thing by any means. People of all types will make their way to the events/ gatherings that are publicly known.
As we all know, there are some characters, some good, some not so good and there isn't much we can do about it other than deal with it as it comes.

We as a whole dropped the ball this year. There were red flags now and again that we weren't expecting which lead us to be caught off guard. And all we can do is be prepared for next time.

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 10:48 AM
They've handled hearing it for far too long in this thread.

If you read closer there are already members here that are working with the staff at Haspin Acres to resolve future issues. It is being dealt with as it should be. Nobody cares about your lack of faith in human beings. As was stated in a previous post and from one Christian to another: Let. It. Go.

When you say you are a Christian, what does that mean, because a lot of Americans say that, but they have never been born again. I was born again on 3-18-92 at 6:30 pm, can you say when your were?

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Mickey, let it go!

As soon as you point out what I said that wasn't true. You can't. And I have just as much to say what I think as anyone else, right?

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 10:57 AM
I can see why you and Mickey get along so well Madman, with the gargantuan egos you're both lugging around.

Let me put it to you this way; THIS THREAD AND PROBLEM HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR MICKEY DUNLAP. This event is put on by this site by its members. A founding member met with Haspin Acres staff today to discuss what we have found out. This entire time the two of you have been trying so desperately to get recognition and have posted here, neither of you has helped this situation at all.

Madman, for this portion I speak for myself. I have had a hand in fixing this problem which has nothing to do with you or your friend. If you and your friend want to start a thread about how awesome you were 25 years ago and attempt to get some dribs and drabs of attention to quell those massive egos of yours by all means feel free. In this thread WE DO NOT GIVE A trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro THAT YOU WERE ON A POSTER ONCE. This thread is about Trikefest, not about the two of you begging for attention. If you're a hero in somebody's eyes that's great, but this is not the thread for that. Despite all of yours and Mickey's attempts at not allowing this site to handle this situation, of which I cannot figure out for the life of me why the two of you insist so incessantly of doing, we are in the process of handling it just the way I suggested.

Take your friend, take your egos, take your poster, and shove them up your ass kindly.

You think you are so high and mighty on here, but in real life you are not man enough to shake my hand. I remember you now, you kept looking over at me, but wouldn't come over and say hi. What a little puss. I would have loved to sit and talked to you face to face, but you didn't have the balls. You can only act big on the internet, you just hide behind a key board. Whimp!

El Camexican
07-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Way to take the higher ground Mickey. For all you know Fabio has an autographed poster of you in his shop.

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 11:27 AM
You think you are so high and mighty on here, but in real life you are not man enough to shake my hand. I remember you now, you kept looking over at me, but wouldn't come over and say hi. What a little puss. I would have loved to sit and talked to you face to face, but you didn't have the balls. You can only act big on the internet, you just hide behind a key board. Whimp!

First of all Mickey, name calling is against the rules of this forum.

I am not acting high and mighty, I am working to protect the event I love. It's clearly becoming a waste of time responding to you because you are unable to see the situation we have going on here. I was very nice to you from the beginning here, lest we forget;

I saw your post yesterday Mickey and almost replied but I have zero spare time. I'm stopping what I'm doing now since you're obviously referring to me.

Firstly that's incredibly unfortunate to hear about your cat. The only person I was in touch with at home the entire 9 days I was gone was the person minding my cat. I wouldn't be able to stay in Indiana if I got the news you did. She's extremely important to me.

Secondly I'm very glad you made it and enjoyed yourself! It's just an absolutely fantastic gathering full of great people. If I might speak of my own personal opinion, this being my sixth time going I was somewhat disappointed with some bad apples that made their way into the event and I might add that I was slightly embarrassed personally as such. Never in my Trikefest experience have I seen more blatant disregard for such simple rules and I feel as though the repercussions of these events will be felt for years to come. This year was by no means a total loss, it was fantastic as always, however in the past there were no bad apples rather than just a few. It's fortunate that you were able to make it when you did. To put a really positive spin on things, having those really bad apples around put things into perspective for me. If anyone has heard "Sometimes the enemy you know is better than the one you don't", you might understand my perspective. It made other things seem very petty to me, just head butts. Again my own personal opinion, I blame Facebook. For all the years this event has gone on this is the first year it's been promoted as heavily as it was on Facebook. In turn you end up with people nobody knows that have zero accountability for their actions. Forum members know each other far before we ever meet in person and we all have a name and reputation to upkeep and there are repercussions for our actions. As such we all get along like a giant three wheeled hippie commune for the week. People from all walks of life, all there together with each other. It's like seven Christmas mornings.

At any rate I'm glad you made it and enjoyed yourself.

Unfortunately what you have been unable to understand is that you have no concept of what it is that went wrong at this year's Trikefest. Trikefest is an event that has become sacred to many of us, something that many of us will fight to protect. Your lack of experience puts you in the category that you would not be of much use to us if you wanted to try and help, but that shouldn't offend you. The most help you could possibly be would be to stand by and let the veterans of this event (not to be confused with the veterans of this sport, such as yourself and Madman) handle what it is that they need to handle.

The audacity of you and your friend to try and jump into this and have such input on an event you collectively know next to nothing about, and he's never even been! I simply could not imagine having the gall to try and insert myself in someone else's investigation and the handling of someone else's event after I've attended once for two days. It's just mind boggling to me that yourself and your friend think you should have such a strong influence on something that doesn't belong to you.

You think you are so high and mighty on here

I have said nothing in regards to my stature on this site. I am one of many, no better or no worse. I'm flattered you feel compelled to look up to me but we don't really operate that way.

I have had enough of your name calling and attempts at twisting my words. When I started this venture, I had critical information to solve the problems we had at Haspin. I witnessed many of the events that transpired first hand. I know what they did, who they are, and where they were camped. I have had the information to solve this problem from the word "go". You, on the other hand, know nothing of what even transpired. Your friend has never even attended so I have no idea what he's even doing posting aside from telling everyone he was on a poster once.

ATCtim, a moderator and long time member nicely explained to you what we had going on here and explained to you that I have the support of the community.

86T3, a very well respected member had a very big hand in this.

Billy Golightly, our fearless leader, has very nicely indicated to you that we are handling this the way we see fit which has not included anything you've suggested.

Howdy, a founder of this site, took the information I passed to Haspin yesterday to handle this situation face to face, just the way we needed it done.

Mickey Dunlap, has fought with me and in turn the leadership of this site from the get go just for the sake of arguing. He has slowed our effort and attempted to sway much needed concern away from the problem at hand. The only reason he's not been reprimanded is because of his K-list celebrity status and his ability to make fenders and build engines.

Fabiodriven, has fought for what is right and provided critical information to ensure the parties involved be brought to light. He was completely successful in his part thus far despite being slowed down by other forum members who aim to pick fights and that's it.

At this point Mickey you are trolling and baiting as well, and I'd like to ask the moderation team to consider your stance as far as name calling as well. I find that quite offensive and fail to see the need. It reeks of desperation and defeat. You should be happy the site is handling this situation to ensure many Trikefests to come.

I already addressed you on why I didn't come to talk to you in case you forgot. Now you're making me repeat myself so please re-read this and take it in then drop it.

I'm flattered, lucky, and grateful to be pitted next to Howdy and Swinehart. Just the best people who could be your neighbors. I saw you talking to Swinehart at his camp while I was 40 feet away in my camp. Being an internet loudmouth, I had a lot of people to confront my first Trikefest in 2011. Every single person I've met through the site was fantastic right off the bat. Some held back with me at first after only knowing my internet persona, but it didn't take long for people to find out who I really am. Your cheerleader Madman was so impressed by your lending a hand to someone. To both you Mickey and Madman I say, who cares? I have housed probably close to a dozen different people over the years. There is always at least two other people staying under my roof which affords them tools, a garage, a fridge and freezer, a full kitchen, a shittter, a shower, hot water, beds etc... I have lent out entire machines and I was even picked to run other members' drag bikes not just once but TWICE! (Shout out to Andy and Shannon!) What both you and your cronie are failing to understand is that you did not go above and beyond, you were doing what we do. You were a part of the community. Is it extra special when you lend a hand because you're a J-list celebrity? Is it a big deal to you because you're helping us "little people"?

I saw you sitting right next to my camp talking to my friends and I thought back to 2011 and how many people I had to meet in person for the first time. After meeting very few of them I figured out I had nothing to worry about. That's an aspect I've dealt with plenty, so I'm never afraid to meet new members. I sat there looking at you and thought about it for a long time but I just was not at all interested in associating with you one iota. I'm very glad that's the conclusion I came to in retrospect. You are a mixed up person. I stand for truth and honesty above all with the betterment of everyone in every action I take. No I'm not religious but that doesn't automatically make me a bad person. I am a do-gooder to a degree that you would never understand. A narcissist such as yourself could never have the compassion for other people with the amount of concern you have for yourself. Anyone who knows me can tell you how true blue I am and you'd be lucky if you're ever entitled enough to find out. I do things every day that nobody aside from myself will ever hear about, and most laugh at me if they do hear. You sir, have a warped sense of the greater good.

On my way to Trikefest only less than five miles into my trip I happened upon a snapping turtle attempting to cross a busy road. My truck and trailer combination is very large. 12 wheels, five axles, and approximately 22,000 lbs. At 40 mph I gave the brakes everything they had with many of my belongings in tow, a huge portion of my life as a whole. I avoided the hapless turtle and brought the entire unit to a stop as multiple cars sped past who couldn't be bothered. By the time I had stopped I was 1/4 mile down the road and had to sprint back before any of the careless drivers drove over the turtle. As I carried it off the road another car had finally turned around to do something but I had gotten there first. They were pleased I was doing what I was doing and they cheered and called me a "turtle saver", a term I will never forget. They had no idea how accurate they were with that name because I do that a lot, even in the tractor trailer at work.

My point is, that's two minutes of one day of my 36 years, but that's the type of stuff I regularly do. If I would bring a huge portion of my life to a screeching halt on my way to an event my year revolves around, if I would delay Trikefest for a turtle I've never met before, what do you suspect I might do for those I know and like?

It would be an honor for you to meet me, but that's an honor you've not yet earned, not by a long shot.

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Way to take the higher ground Mickey. For all you know Fabio has an autographed poster of you in his shop.

As a dart board! LOL

DohcBikes
07-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Mickey your post has been reported. I encourage others to do the same. Enough is enough.

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 12:31 PM
First of all Mickey, name calling is against the rules of this forum.

I am not acting high and mighty, I am working to protect the event I love. It's clearly becoming a waste of time responding to you because you are unable to see the situation we have going on here. I was very nice to you from the beginning here, lest we forget;

Unfortunately what you have been unable to understand is that you have no concept of what it is that went wrong at this year's Trikefest. Trikefest is an event that has become sacred to many of us, something that many of us will fight to protect. Your lack of experience puts you in the category that you would not be of much use to us if you wanted to try and help, but that shouldn't offend you. The most help you could possibly be would be to stand by and let the veterans of this event (not to be confused with the veterans of this sport, such as yourself and Madman) handle what it is that they need to handle.

The audacity of you and your friend to try and jump into this and have such input on an event you collectively know next to nothing about, and he's never even been! I simply could not imagine having the gall to try and insert myself in someone else's investigation and the handling of someone else's event after I've attended once for two days. It's just mind boggling to me that yourself and your friend think you should have such a strong influence on something that doesn't belong to you.

I have had enough of your name calling and attempts at twisting my words. When I started this venture, I had critical information to solve the problems we had at Haspin. I witnessed many of the events that transpired first hand. I know what they did, who they are, and where they were camped. I have had the information to solve this problem from the word "go". You, on the other hand, know nothing of what even transpired. Your friend has never even attended so I have no idea what he's even doing posting aside from telling everyone he was on a poster once.

ATCtim, a moderator and long time member nicely explained to you what we had going on here and explained to you that I have the support of the community.

86T3, a very well respected member had a very big hand in this.

Billy Golightly, our fearless leader, has very nicely indicated to you that we are handling this the way we see fit which has not included anything you've suggested.

Howdy, a founder of this site, took the information I passed to Haspin yesterday to handle this situation face to face, just the way we needed it done.

Mickey Dunlap, has fought with me and in turn the leadership of this site from the get go just for the sake of arguing. He has slowed our effort and attempted to sway much needed concern away from the problem at hand. The only reason he's not been reprimanded is because of his K-list celebrity status and his ability to make fenders and build engines.

Fabiodriven, has fought for what is right and provided critical information to ensure the parties involved be brought to light. He was completely successful in his part thus far despite being slowed down by other forum members who aim to pick fights and that's it.

At this point Mickey you are trolling and baiting as well, and I'd like to ask the moderation team to consider your stance as far as name calling as well. I find that quite offensive and fail to see the need. It reeks of desperation and defeat. You should be happy the site is handling this situation to ensure many Trikefests to come.

I already addressed you on why I didn't come to talk to you in case you forgot. Now you're making me repeat myself so please re-read this and take it in then drop it.

Blah Blah Blah, I call you as you are, that's not name calling that's what you did and who you are. You keep calling me a J- and K- lister what ever that is! So again until you are man enough to put all this petty stuff behind you and come and welcoming like everyone else did but a few other Jesus haters, you are just as big apart as the others that caused problem, couldn't come up to me like a man!:rolleyes: I had no problems there.

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Mickey your post has been reported. I encourage others to do the same. Enough is enough.

Maybe I should report you, don't you get ban about every other week anyway. Why is that?

El Camexican
07-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Get help Mickey

Mickey Dunlap
07-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Get help Mickey

Be a man next time!

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Whether or not someone wants to meet you has nothing to do with their manhood. I work my ass off every day, own my own home and all my own belongings, own, operate, and drove a massive truck and trailer 18 hours and 950 miles to Haspin by myself. I have fought for our country and had people try to kill me. I can assure you, you do anything but scare me. I cannot speak for Nico, but for myself I would like to say this. I know this is going to be tough on your ego but please read these words very carefully, slowly, and out loud to yourself. Then please repeat as long as you have to in order for it to sink in.

Mickey Dunlap, I never have, nor will I ever in the future, have any interest in meeting you whatsoever. That doesn't make me any less of a man and I can assure you that you do not scare me. You must face the fact that there are people out there who have no interest in meeting you. It is not a big deal and you should not find that fact so insulting, it is what it is. I do not like you, your ego, what it is you stand for, and I do not like being called names or slowed down when I am trying to work. Please kindly leave me to myself.

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Get help Mickey

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r275/fabiodriven/IMG_1327_zpsqov9wxg9.jpg (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/fabiodriven/media/IMG_1327_zpsqov9wxg9.jpg.html)

big specht
07-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Man this thread went to sh#t! It reminds me of the Tim Senor and Raffa battle. And all the newbe's on here are going who's those guys. You guys need to drop it we all get it you don't like each other. This thread started out to be how could we change what happened to you having a pissing contest. Both of you need to just walk away and cool down.

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 01:40 PM
The problem is being solved Specht. I respect you greatly and consider the out of context banter done on my end.

Eric250R
07-03-2016, 02:05 PM
I started this thread simply to express my frustration at events that were damaging to something I loved, but it's certainly taken a turn for the worse. I greatly appreciate the efforts of those trying to fix this. Whatever the decision, be it banning some from attending or just going over and beating the absolute trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of them, I'm game. Mickey, I'm glad I got to meet you and will likely do so again but this has absolutely nothing to do with you. The others commenting who weren't there also have absolutely nothing to do with this, please keep your comments to yourself. Bashing each other in a thread about a lack of respect is counterproductive to us all. Thanks to the mods for doing what they can, but if this thread doesn't get back on track I will delete it.

RamsesRibb
07-03-2016, 03:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/034b4613658ad847938e3bc77fdd3342.jpg

knappyfeet
07-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Wow.......

Everytime I check the "active topics" all I see is trikefest this and trikefest that and mickey this and mickey that.

I've never been to a trikefest.......only met 2 members here and both were super cool folks....ones you'd like to have a brewski with and talk about life with so I pass judgement on no one. It just appears to me some folks here need a massive amount of attention.

The described poop that happened at trikefest seems like normal happenings here. Heck...I remember about 9 or 10 years ago the sherif department had around 100 officers in riot gear pushing up Oldsmobile hill or something to quell a massive party/verge riot. It's just the drugs and alcohol that's all......most are respectful and not evil.

But perhaps hiring off duty officers at key periods of time might limit the ruff housing. They have teeth that no security officer has. They are uniformed and have access to on duty patrol units. That's what we needed to do for a rental of a hall for my mother in laws 85th. Everyone behaved as normal. Most got loud and obnoxious but the off duty officers did nothing. I guess their experience dealing with the cities scum taught them well.....like when to get involved and not. Just a thought

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Thank you for the consideration but we don't need suggestions from those who have never been.

RamsesRibb
07-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Well that's just rude

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Well that's just rude

Would you like me to tell you what you should have for dinner?

knappyfeet
07-03-2016, 05:17 PM
My God........some on here must have pathetic lives

clmeue37
07-03-2016, 05:21 PM
When you say you are a Christian, what does that mean, because a lot of Americans say that, but they have never been born again. I was born again on 3-18-92 at 6:30 pm, can you say when your were?

I am a Christian. A humble and sane one, 2 things I'm worried that you know nothing about. To answer your last question; yes. I can tell you location, date, and approximate time, but will not do so in this thread.

To everyone who is working to solve the issue, please don't continue to feed this man's ego. This will be the last time I respond to him on this site. He makes my stomach turn and I'm done trying to explain things to him. It's not worth it.

To everyone who hasn't been to haspin acres around the weekend after father's day, you are invited to come check it out for yourselves. Despite what you may think every 3ww board member that I've met has been of the highest caliber. You won't be disappointed.

fabiodriven
07-03-2016, 05:30 PM
This will be my last post.

You can please some of the people all the time or all of the people some of the time. It has been said multiple times by multiple long time members in this thread if you haven't been to Trikefest you would not understand. This is not a "choose your own adventure" book for all the members of this forum who have never attended this event to decide how we should conduct it. Just about every suggestion, including yours knappyfeet, is outlandish if you're familiar with how this event is held. None of us would ever expect you to know that because you have never been, which is why multiple people have asked that those who haven't been please refrain from the input. I politely told you no thank you and thanked you for your consideration.

I am glad to have been a part of the solution and would love to continue and see it through but this community is becoming far too ungrateful and touchy. Taking offense to someone politely declining your solution, which would not work for a magnitude of reasons and defeat the purpose of a "festival" altogether, speaks volumes to how everyone suddenly has the right to be offended these days, just how so many of you know how to run our festival from the other side of a keyboard.

If you were that offended by your idea not being considered I deeply apologize.

To William, to my friends, you know how to get in touch with me if I can be of any more service. To the rest of you on here who may attend this event in the future, it was worth it for me to look this way. If you get to experience what I have at Haspin Acres then I'll gladly take the hit and look like the arsehole.

Enjoy.

knappyfeet
07-03-2016, 05:47 PM
This will be my last post.

You can please some of the people all the time or all of the people some of the time. It has been said multiple times by multiple long time members in this thread if you haven't been to Trikefest you would not understand. This is not a "choose your own adventure" book for all the members of this forum who have never attended this event to decide how we should conduct it. Just about every suggestion, including yours knappyfeet, is outlandish if you're familiar with how this event is held. None of us would ever expect you to know that because you have never been, which is why multiple people have asked that those who haven't been please refrain from the input. I politely told you no thank you and thanked you for your consideration.

I am glad to have been a part of the solution and would love to continue and see it through but this community is becoming far too ungrateful and touchy. Taking offense to someone politely declining your solution, which would not work for a magnitude of reasons and defeat the purpose of a "festival" altogether, speaks volumes to how everyone suddenly has the right to be offended these days, just how so many of you know how to run our festival from the other side of a keyboard.

If you were that offended by your idea not being considered I deeply apologize.

To William, to my friends, you know how to get in touch with me if I can be of any more service. To the rest of you on here who may attend this event in the future, it was worth it for me to look this way. If you get to experience what I have at Haspin Acres then I'll gladly take the hit and look like the arsehole.

Enjoy.

I was just being funny that's all.......I forgot the smiley face.

It's an Internet forum.......it's for fun. I'm offended by nothing.

I was just throwing ideas out and mentioning my observations..that's all. Like I stated....I've never been to TF but am a learner in life....a gentleman in kind.

Your trying to help...that's admirable.

Hopefully I'll meet you..along with others one day at TF.

kiser
07-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Hats off to the guys taking care of the problems we had this year. I wish I could have been more help with problem solving but I'm glad we had people with the means to do so. Thank you

RamsesRibb
07-03-2016, 10:58 PM
I have no experience in this particular event. The problem is when you open a public discussion asking for help or advice the why reject what you receive in such a way. Now the back and forth with Mickey is just entertaining in a Springer kind of way. But serious ideas where thrown out. If one person has omniscience over this event then would anyone make an open discussion requesting ideas? Why open an event to the "public" on "Facebook" and then complain when trouble shows up?

And yeah all my posts are not meant as a slight. Just like to help the discussion along.
I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into the planning and organizing and I'm sure it's a great time, but nothing's perfect and you will always get a few rotten eggs. I've been wanting to attend for years but I can't take the time off from work. Maybe in the future though.

86T3
07-03-2016, 11:51 PM
I think it would be a good idea to bring some signs down to the river to post that say "No atv's in the water". They could even be permenent (not like idiots will run them over or anything) . And I think the helmet rules should be posted on the facebook page, and also that no atvs should cross the bridge into town. We've done a nice job of cleaning up the trash, even if I had to clean up after a certain group one day, we should be able to clean up the behavior. It's just the "fight" mentality that scares me. I know I'm the wrong person from TF 2016 to be preaching this but it's the truth.

Hunting Chip
07-04-2016, 11:22 AM
2331422331432nd year for me at Trike Fest. This time with my two boys.
Luckily I avoided any altercations with the bad eggs. I did notice people passing in the parade...not sure what the rush was about. I was having fun in my Kiss mask waving back to the people who picked out Gene Simmons haha. I love the ideas of throwing out candy, doing floats, (and hey, more costumes!) next year for the parade. I lost my phone on the parade...Paul(I think he hung out with the Hall's) thought he dropped his phone and picked it up and put it in his clip. Later he realized his phone was somewhere else, looked at the screen saver pic of me from Breezewood and hunted me down to return it! Just one of the many awesome people you meet at Trike Fest. I hate to see you guys bickering, but I guess it's kind of funny too. It's hard to meet everyone in just a couple long weekends. Over the last 2 years I got to meet: Jim Smith and Sheldon and their boys, Pittsburgh Pete(and son Leo this year!), Racer X (Josh), the Patterson Boys, Regina, Dennis Krupp, Kiser, Howdy, Mickey...and a bunch of others that I can't put names to faces. It's funny trying to put faces with members posts...more than 1 person told me that that "Fabio Guy" is the guy with the pony tail and the armadillo helmet haha. But then I saw those pics of Fabio's builds and realized that must not be him. I couldn't hear very well at the awards ceremony, but I figured out who a couple people were there. Still a lot more people to meet in the future. I got on 3wheelerworld because I love trikes. That's where I found out about Trike Fest. In my 2 years there, it has been awesome to see all the different trikes and be a part of the 3 wheeler cult. This April at Breezewood(my one and only mx) was the same way. You pick about any 3 wheeler person there and they are so friendly. It was cool being one of the 66 trikes that showed up there. You'll never be able to meet everyone or like everyone, but the majority are just are really neat bunch of folks! I'm glad others are trying to be proactive for next year and keep things under control. Fortunately I didn't have any altercations with the bad eggs...because you know how you get protective of your kids...if anyone were to put my kids in danger, I could turn quickly into looking like being a part of the problem. I guess that's why my son didn't tell me until after the parade that somone on a side by side bumped him from behind. My son was smart enough to let it go because he knew I would have quickly helped them out of their ride haha.

hoosierlogger
07-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Joe(86t3) is the pony tail with the armadillo helmet.

Hunting Chip
07-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Haha, thanks Logger! I'll meet all you guys eventually!

hoosierlogger
07-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Haha, thanks Logger! I'll meet all you guys eventually!

Barring any other life changing events, I'll be there longer next year. I was only there this year for Tuesday and half of Wednesday.

the tecate kid
07-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I almost got my bike stolen, no doubt from one of the "newbies" but I will be back. Some trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro put out my daughter's camp fire back in 2009 because the smoke was bothering him. Point is: there will always be bad apples at any large event, don't let it spoil the fun for you. I had a great time. Got to catch up with old friends etc.... No doubt we will be back. As far as bashing Mickey, I just want to say that man helped a lot of people at Trikefest, including me, and never asked for a single dime. Mickey and I raced during the same era. Let me tell you, Mickey in the day could out drink/out party just about anyone! LOL. He has been there. Trust me. He has seen the drunken idiots. I hate facebook myself. I do not like people in my personal business. But the door is open now. The younger generation will be back next year. I for one did not have any problems with anyone. My family was treated with respect everywhere we ventured. Times are a changin though, and I will agree, not for the better.........

Ghostv2
07-04-2016, 05:56 PM
2331422331432nd year for me at Trike Fest. This time with my two boys.
Luckily I avoided any altercations with the bad eggs. I did notice people passing in the parade...not sure what the rush was about. I was having fun in my Kiss mask waving back to the people who picked out Gene Simmons haha. I love the ideas of throwing out candy, doing floats, (and hey, more costumes!) next year for the parade. I lost my phone on the parade...Paul(I think he hung out with the Hall's) thought he dropped his phone and picked it up and put it in his clip. Later he realized his phone was somewhere else, looked at the screen saver pic of me from Breezewood and hunted me down to return it! Just one of the many awesome people you meet at Trike Fest.

It's funny Paul comes over and asks if we know who's phone this is. I remember seeing you post pictures in the mask before and I remember you at the breezewood race but I didn't remember names and faces. Somehow the name Mike got brought up. So I'm like MRSOUND? I'm not sure if Regina took the phone then to give it to the owner or if Paul held on to it but I was driving to some event and passed howdys tent where MRSOUND was at and said hey Regina has your phone (or Paul has it down by Regina I forget) and turns out he lost his phone too after the parade. But it was actually your phone and it just turned out to be a coincidence. Sorry if I got your hopes up MRSOUND, but you found your phone eventually anyways so it all works out lol.

Tri-Z 250
07-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Thank you Hunting Chip, this thread needed that, it brings prospective to the actual event. The Passion for TF run as deep to some others faith, but let's learn from it all with respect and acceptance. Growing pains....its been stated before, but hiring COPS is not the solution. A riders meeting prior to each event rarely brings all its participants to listen. It's still a good thing that should happen so it helps get everyone on the same page. You can move the day Mon to weeks end with an exodus of TFesters on Sat. Then more than a few will never come do to life's obisticals. Private ticket sales with an Event Only entry to Haspin is not going to keep the bad apples out even if you had the Entire property to just TFester's either. The leaders need to keep in mind rules broken by a few will not kill the overall vibe of the Event. Kiser and a few who ran across these few to me seem standard JA,when mixed with too much booze. No one was Life flighted out, and in all the items stolen can be replaced. Not to make light of stolen items but I've seen it happen at local events with big crowds(your stuff is as safe as you leave it, trust is gained not given). Keeping each Other in check is the purpose of this discussion and will continue to be a topic closely related to the growth of the event. I found in Business advertisement doesn't equal quality customers like word of mouth. Who's talking TF 2017!!! ?

Thunder God
07-08-2016, 04:16 PM
I drove down from Manitoba Canada for my Second Trikefest. And I have to say the spirit of Trikefest is alive and well. Last year I drove the 17+ hour trek alone, arriving tired, and hungry. And not knowing a single person there. A camp full of poeple invited me in, fed me, asked me my story, and showed interest in the old Trikes I had built (even though the machines I saw at THEIR camp made my jaw drop! ) And just the friendly response I get when I stop and gawk at all the high quality builds and EXPERT riders test my skills in a way that doesn't exist anywhere I've ever been! I've never felt so at home and free share ideas without the "attitude" I often get back home for riding a Trike. I must admit I too am guilty of some "out-of-towner" behaviour. Such as trying to go for some water wheelie action in the river. Luckily some polite well spoken person caught me as I was about to ride in the river, and asked me to NOT go in. As the local Sheriff had chased everyone out earlier. No problem, I didn't want to wreck it for everyone. We have a lot of that going on in Canada too. I'm also guilty of a few inappropriate wheelies at the Drag strip and a few slow-motion ones during the parade. Seemed harmless enough. But I noticed a lot of monkey-see-monkey-can't-do, so I get the message. I'll cool it. Helps to be on time for the meetings before the events. Unfortunately for all I have too make a couple trips to get my machines to and from the tracks. Guess I'll have to start earlier. My group also noticed some younger riders passing in the parade and using people's yards to do it. Lots of that going on at the Atv derby Circuit back home. I know it's sure tough to educate everyone. Once I know something I'm not shy about spreading it around. Long live TRIKEFEST!!! Just happy to be part of the family!

fabiodriven
07-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Thank you Hunting Chip, this thread needed that, it brings prospective to the actual event. The Passion for TF run as deep to some others faith, but let's learn from it all with respect and acceptance. Growing pains....its been stated before, but hiring COPS is not the solution. A riders meeting prior to each event rarely brings all its participants to listen. It's still a good thing that should happen so it helps get everyone on the same page. You can move the day Mon to weeks end with an exodus of TFesters on Sat. Then more than a few will never come do to life's obisticals. Private ticket sales with an Event Only entry to Haspin is not going to keep the bad apples out even if you had the Entire property to just TFester's either. The leaders need to keep in mind rules broken by a few will not kill the overall vibe of the Event. Kiser and a few who ran across these few to me seem standard JA,when mixed with too much booze. No one was Life flighted out, and in all the items stolen can be replaced. Not to make light of stolen items but I've seen it happen at local events with big crowds(your stuff is as safe as you leave it, trust is gained not given). Keeping each Other in check is the purpose of this discussion and will continue to be a topic closely related to the growth of the event. I found in Business advertisement doesn't equal quality customers like word of mouth. Who's talking TF 2017!!! ?

Someone was life-flighted out. One of the undesirables as a matter of fact. Bringing a bad name to us all because of his ignorance.

Thunder God
07-09-2016, 02:48 AM
Someone was life-flighted out. One of the undesirables as a matter of fact. Bringing a bad name to us all because of his ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk it could just as easily been one of us on the Devils Backbone

fabiodriven
07-09-2016, 03:48 AM
But it hasn't been.

There's a huge difference between getting injured during participation in an event and just pure negligence so please do not associate the two. This is exactly how we all end up with a bad name. The med-flight was due to ignorance and extreme negligence. He was breaking rules prior to his crash over and over and over again. He tempted fate and became a statistic that none of us need to be associated with. I saw what he was doing leading up to his crash and once I heard who it was that ate it I knew exactly what had happened.

atc12
07-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Any update on how that guy is doing?

fabiodriven
07-09-2016, 10:53 AM
He's doing really stupid.

atc12
07-09-2016, 11:24 AM
My question was pertaining to his injuries from the crash. Not his I.Q.

DohcBikes
07-09-2016, 11:34 AM
My question was pertaining to his injuries from the crash. Not his I.Q.

What part of this are you not understanding?...

He tempted fate and became a statistic that none of us need to be associated with.

Nobody is wishing harm or happy he got hurt. It just isn't something we are going to have sympathy for. The guy is a victim of his own actions and people that don't care enough to even attempt to be responsible in any way need to be excommunicated or the whole trike community will suffer for his mistakes. Drop it.

fabiodriven
07-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Easy Gunpowder! Lol

Personally I have no concern for this particular person's health. To the best of my knowledge they are not forum members, or if they are they don't post much or maybe I just don't know who they are. I doubt they are members on here.

What I've seen of them I've seen on Facebook and they are not my friends on there, I was passed the information from someone else.

Just as I was saying there is no accountability for these people from Facebook. If he were a member on here this would be a different situation entirely.

atc12
07-09-2016, 06:30 PM
What part of this are you not understanding?...

Nobody is wishing harm or happy he got hurt. It just isn't something we are going to have sympathy for. The guy is a victim of his own actions and people that don't care enough to even attempt to be responsible in any way need to be excommunicated or the whole trike community will suffer for his mistakes. Drop it.

I understand more than you ever will and was chilling in the river with the Alabama Boys when this all went down. Don't tell me to drop anything and bring your meow to trikefest or keep your mouth shut slick.

Mickey Dunlap
07-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Who was the guy that broke his arm at the barrel race, the one with the pink cast on?

fabiodriven
07-09-2016, 07:11 PM
He was one of "the group".

Mickey Dunlap
07-10-2016, 10:03 AM
He was one of "the group".

Yes I know, it was his brother that got air lifted, just wanted to know his name.

fabiodriven
07-10-2016, 10:58 AM
To the best of my knowledge that information hasn't yet been made public. I'm not going to say just yet.

Mickey Dunlap
07-10-2016, 05:09 PM
To the best of my knowledge that information hasn't yet been made public. I'm not going to say just yet.

I just wanted to know if they were any of the 40 or so friend requests I got on FaceBook after Trike Fest. The guy wanted me to sign his cast just as I was packing up, and he said it was his brother that got air lifted out, jokingly I said "what's wrong with you guys" after he told me that.

Russman1986
07-11-2016, 05:37 AM
Who was the guy that broke his arm at the barrel race, the one with the pink cast on?
That was a dude named Eli Adams the kid in the pink cast. He is a friend of the kid got a collapsed lung and concussion and two broken ribs they were saying he was making a full recovery and he wasn't being stupid going down the road. I guess he sid some dude in a jeep was flying up that road. So he swerved and lost control right to the tree and down the ditch. Tim and I came up right behind them right after that happened. I was the guy on the Sasquatch 340.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Louis Mielke
07-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Getting real tired of this guys. We appreciate everyone's concern and desire to do something but this constant back and forth about it is getting old. A course of action for next year is being discussed.

I suggest everyone self moderate themselves and take a week off from the forum or at least the topic. Go post something about 3 wheelers and not ignorant people. You may be being civil about it but it's time to let it cool off. It's actually kind of pain to log into the admin panel to give people temporary bans and I really don't feel like doing it multiple times. If I have to I will and it'll be everyone involved regardless of their intentions or position.