PDA

View Full Version : Jet sizing for dummies.

x-rider
07-15-2016, 11:10 PM
I don't know if this has been done yet. I think it would benefit some of the members here, especially me, as I see me doing in the near future. I seen one on a motorcycle forum using Google search. I don't know how to post a link. Maybe someone could give a good explanation on this topic.

GTP091
07-16-2016, 12:32 AM
I don't know if this has been done yet. I think it would benefit some of the members here, especially me, as I see me doing in the near future. I seen one on a motorcycle forum using Google search. I don't know how to post a link. Maybe someone could give a good explanation on this topic.

If you found a well written post on motorcycle carbs it will apply the same to your trike. Bike carbs are more complicated as most newer bikes have constant velocity slides. But the principle is still the same. To lean, need more gas; to rich less gas. Check your plug to see. I'd suggest just staying a tad rich and start by cleaning the carb well and check the spark Is strong and go from there. It helps to have several sizes of jets on hand. Some guys drill em out but then you can't easily replace if need be, your stuck on re drilling unless you get a chart for it. I'm sure there's posts on here for your application. Every trike is different unless it's new (which their not) you have to try what works.

x-rider
07-16-2016, 02:00 AM
I don't think there is a better explanation than that. Exactly as I thought, and the answer I was looking for.

jeswinehart
07-16-2016, 05:06 AM
At the top of the trikeslyveinia forum that you just posted in,,,, all the way at the top is a "sticky" and the very first posting is "jetting 101".
It tells all.

RIDE-RED 250r
07-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Jet sizing:

-Jet sizes increase as the numbers go up.
-All of the carb manufacturers sizing is different, IE a 150 Keihin main jet is not the same as a 150 Mikuni. In fact, Mikuni starts their sizing much higher numerically. This is also true of Dynojet brand jets too, their size numbers don't always match with Keihin or Mikuni. I don't mess around with Dynojet stuff, I stick with genuine OEM jets to avoid confusion that can cost a top end..

x-rider
07-16-2016, 01:50 PM
At the top of the trikeslyveinia forum that you just posted in,,,, all the way at the top is a "sticky" and the very first posting is "jetting 101".
It tells all.

There is?

Onetrackmind
07-16-2016, 03:29 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/55086-Carb-Jetting-101-Terms-Tips-and-Jetting-Theory

Yes, but If you're using Tapatalk it doesn't show up. Those stickies can be found on Tapatalk by:

Forums/The Goods/Trikesylvania/World Class Help/Stickies

jeswinehart
07-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Yep, at the top of world class help
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php/47-World-Class-Help