PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm bolt fix 200x

Kingcricket
07-20-2016, 09:28 PM
So I made new chain adjusters because mine are stripped out and can't get it to drive straight. I new the swingarm bolt was gonna be a pain. Beating on the socket over the nut then nut on the bolt then eventually just the bolt, got it to move 1/2 inch with the head mushroomed and threads toast. To make a long story a little shorter I finally got it by grinding the mushroom off then putting a socket over top the bolt so I'm already centered with my 1/2 inch punch, and using 5lb hammer easily drove it out the rest of the way, also sprayed with a lot of zep 2000 clear penetrating grease (amazing stuff).

I just took a 1/2 inch die to the bolt and reused it, also new roller bearings they were toast as well.

x-rider
07-21-2016, 08:09 AM
I need to work on my chain tensioner bolts as well. Any pics of what you made.

oldskool83
07-21-2016, 08:09 AM
So I made new chain adjusters because mine are stripped out and can't get it to drive straight. I new the swingarm bolt was gonna be a pain. Beating on the socket over the nut then nut on the bolt then eventually just the bolt, got it to move 1/2 inch with the head mushroomed and threads toast. To make a long story a little shorter I finally got it by grinding the mushroom off then putting a socket over top the bolt so I'm already centered with my 1/2 inch punch, and using 5lb hammer easily drove it out the rest of the way, also sprayed with a lot of zep 2000 clear penetrating grease (amazing stuff).

I just took a 1/2 inch die to the bolt and reused it, also new roller bearings they were toast as well.

They sell new OEM adjusters yet. They sell nice delrin swinger bushings so this never happens. You just bubba'd your shet up good when you could of spend a few bucks had it slide in like the 1st time you slid into a woman.

And its not expensive!

Kingcricket
07-21-2016, 09:55 PM
I ordered another swingarm and bolt in case I couldn't get it but works good as new. For me it's not about the money I'm just impatient on waiting for stuff.

Kingcricket
07-21-2016, 09:59 PM
https://flic.kr/p/KcUvyN