PDA

View Full Version : 83 200e

Lsxfbody
07-23-2016, 11:35 PM
Hi all new member here, just recently got back in to riding on 3 wheels, sold the raptor and banshee. I have a 83 200e and am looking for a 250r next. I was curious what kind of offset for the rear tires would be needed as up in canada im having a hard time finding anything local that stocks 25x12x9 rubber but everyone and their dog has rubber for 12" rims. Is it worth the extra weight to go up to a 12" or suffer threw and order some runber for the stock rims?

350for350
07-30-2016, 04:24 AM
I believe that your 200e is a hard tail. That means that your rear tires are the suspension. If you go to the 12" rims, you'll be losing some sidewall height and flex. You'll be losing a little bit of suspension. On these, every little bit is important for riding comfort. I'd recommend sticking with the 9" rims. Also, try to stay away from the 6 ply tires. They are stiffer and don't flex as well as 4 or 2 ply tires. Just my advice.

Lsxfbody
07-30-2016, 11:30 PM
I believe that your 200e is a hard tail. That means that your rear tires are the suspension. If you go to the 12" rims, you'll be losing some sidewall height and flex. You'll be losing a little bit of suspension. On these, every little bit is important for riding comfort. I'd recommend sticking with the 9" rims. Also, try to stay away from the 6 ply tires. They are stiffer and don't flex as well as 4 or 2 ply tires. Just my advice.

Ya i suppose i never thought of that, i just need something way more aggressive for mud and snow as i have tons of mud and really soft trails plus up here i need to be able to ride the 8 mo ths of winter we get lol what do you recommend?

Canadian trike
08-08-2016, 10:56 PM
On the hard tail...you really don't want to go with regular ATv tires.i tried it. Depends on what kind of riding your doing though. If your just relax through the woods or rock crawling,not bad. But if you get ruts in the road or want to jump or do over 30 mph ..not recommended ..unless you only go for a couple hours.i put a mono shock on back of my 200e. Now runs great with 27s .but about 200 bucks and 12hrs of work to make it perfect.everything is possible.all depends what you want.doesnt float anymore.