PDA

View Full Version : the day the fun died - the great ATC witch hunt!

Leevvii
08-04-2016, 11:05 AM
This will be old news to most here, but i hadnt seen it until now, Good to review the history of the great demise....WOW! ....just WOW!! typical 60 mins sensationalistic kneejerkin mindnumbing stuff! .

Just love the US media's ability to blame and scaremonger, they still get away with it. Crazy to think that gun control still seems to hard, but they banned the ATC, this video would be a great argument for gun control based on the argument of user injury, alone!

Seriously, i know there are alot of idiots out there, but anyone buying any motorcycle or car or any other dangerous piece of equipment, surely must be aware that there is a risk of injury, it would be like buying a pig farm and not expecting to shovel trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! the legal system sux!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1I5DweHlnQ

efhondakid
08-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I made it halfway through. I can't stand to listen to ignorant people spew absolute BS no matter the topic. I'd love to see a side comparison of injuries as a result of the ATC from the era of this smear campaign next to the injuries caused by the recent boom in SxSs. I'd be willing to bet it's way higher. Then again what do I know maybe I've taken to many whacks to the head throughout the years of all my off-road riding/racing.

oldskool83
08-04-2016, 11:30 AM
About the only time they are not the safest is when you have ballon tires and 42" wide. Make them 50" wide 18's they handle just as good as a 4wheels.

Now down hill in some rocks the side of your head on an angle it will not matter they will just tip so thats about one of the only places a quad handles safer and better...besides jumping like 40ft in the air.

Who care everyone dwells on the past...want a new one build one its not hard. I just built a Eric Gorr powered KX100 trike in a 200X/250R

Scootertrash
08-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Crazy to think that gun control still seems to hard, but they banned the ATC, this video would be a great argument for gun control based on the argument of user injury, alone!

They've been using sensationalism, lies, cherry picked statistics, ignorance, lies, fear mongering, ignorance, and lies to try to ban guns for decades. Are you saying that if they just did it a little more they could get some "common sense" :rolleyes: gun regulations?

Hurley250R
08-04-2016, 11:51 AM
I made it halfway through. I can't stand to listen to ignorant people spew absolute BS no matter the topic. I'd love to see a side comparison of injuries as a result of the ATC from the era of this smear campaign next to the injuries caused by the recent boom in SxSs. I'd be willing to bet it's way higher. Then again what do I know maybe I've taken to many whacks to the head throughout the years of all my off-road riding/racing.

I'm just waiting for them to ban Side by sides. I have no idea the statistics but I think alot of people that have no business on one end up buying them and get hurt because they don't have the skill or common sense to operate one properly.

Honda doesnt seem to want to touch the sport SXS market, even though Polaris is making money hand over fist, I think Honda knows better than anyone what could very well happen and they dont want lawsuits again.

83ATC185
08-04-2016, 12:48 PM
"That honda killed my son"

I'd love for them to show me one vehicle that wouldn't flip end over end when the rear is catapulted into the air and the front nose dives into an embankment.

Those side by sides, i feel, offer a false sense of security. I've never really been a fan of them, the drivers are a danger to everyone else on the trail, flying down tight twisty rutted trails like they own the place. No offense to anybody with one that drives it responsibly, of course, they definitely have their place but i see a lot of recklessness from people in side by sides.

There was an atv park i searched for awhile back and they clearly stated "NO 3 WHEELERS ALLOWED" but on the same page further down there was a picture of a dad and a kid in a car seat, strapped into a sxs and neither driver nor passenger had a helmet on.

I wonder what their logic is there:crazy:

RamsesRibb
08-04-2016, 03:07 PM
"That honda killed my son"

I'd love for them to show me one vehicle that wouldn't flip end over end when the rear is catapulted into the air and the front nose dives into an embankment.

Those side by sides, i feel, offer a false sense of security. I've never really been a fan of them, the drivers are a danger to everyone else on the trail, flying down tight twisty rutted trails like they own the place. No offense to anybody with one that drives it responsibly, of course, they definitely have their place but i see a lot of recklessness from people in side by sides.

There was an atv park i searched for awhile back and they clearly stated "NO 3 WHEELERS ALLOWED" but on the same page further down there was a picture of a dad and a kid in a car seat, strapped into a sxs and neither driver nor passenger had a helmet on.

I wonder what their logic is there:crazy:

I knew a man that was test riding scooter that he was working on and somehow the front wheel locked and it flipped over forward and dropped him on his head and eventual killed him after being comatose.

deathman53
08-04-2016, 03:29 PM
why atv parks/mx tracks don't allow 3 wheelers is usually always because of insurance companies..........New jersey motorsports park is a clear exception, the idiots that work there told me they are illegal to own in NJ, if one comes on our property cops will be called to have 3 wheeler hauled away, you will be charged with several statutes, you will be arrested and anything else impounded. They don't even care if the 3 wheeler is in the trailer and never leaves. I dared them to show me what legally allows them to do this- all this was over the phone, email and some of facebook- that I where I asked them to show me where they are allowed to do it and state law codes for the "illegal" 3 wheelers. I got a message from them back, basically telling me to screw myself, never come here and I am banned from posting anything on their facebook, twitter or any social media page. Whats great is they couldn't even tell me where they got these "laws" or where to find them. My friends called and changed the question about trikes and asked: does your insurance company allow 3 wheeled atvs. 2 got the same bs that I got and 1 other was told: sorry, management tells me they aren't allowed here, something about the insurance and safety issues of them.

Scootertrash
08-04-2016, 09:13 PM
The "victim mentality" has been around forever, and it just keeps getting worse. Someone's always a victim, it's never their fault; and there's always a scapegoat, almost certainly someone with money.

redsox
08-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Who can argue with Randy Nelson, Motorcycle Expert. I'm gonna get drunk and order business cards that say RANDY NELSON - Motorcycle Expert, then I'm gonna go to trikefest and hand em' out, see if i can't get my teeth knocked in...... Actually, i'm all talk. i won't do any of those things.

czac
08-09-2016, 04:03 PM
just like with anything else the want to ban or regulate to death.... just say its "for our children's safety" and whoooosh ... its gone! Frankly, Im surprised Quads are still around. They are using this same tactic with guns...

czac
08-09-2016, 04:06 PM
wait till you see what they do to water slides now that this kid just died... even though it seems like the park did everything they could to make this horrible accident occur, its going to affect every other water park in the country now. they will probably try and out law Slip n slides now... lol

hogmuffin
08-09-2016, 05:05 PM
This is funny... i was once calling salvage yards all over the country looking for a fuel tank for my KLT160. I called a salvage yard in New York and told them what i was looking for. Once i uttered the word "3 wheeler" the guy on the phone was like, "no we wont have anything like that. three wheelers are illegal, we can't sell parts for them" wtf is up with new york?

Thorpe
08-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Been riding 3 wheelers for 25 years, never an injury. Bought a big safe 700 lb 4x4 wheeler, damn near killed myself on it. Do I blame anyone other than myself? No. But, personal responsibility is like common sense... It's not that common anymore.

Dirtcrasher
08-09-2016, 09:58 PM
My 94 CR250 would have killed me, instead it just hurt me baad....

I've had 1 trike accident, front brake failed and I hit a stopped rider; 1 incident!!

efhondakid
08-10-2016, 01:23 PM
But, personal responsibility is like common sense... It's not that common anymore.

This is so true. Nobody can take responsibility for them selves. I got fat because I ate Big Macs all day everyday is somehow a valid argument, it's absolutely sickening what we've come to.