PDA

View Full Version : New Member, TriMoto 200 Troubles

Dirtysquares
08-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Hi all,

I picked up a 85 Tri moto 200 today with no spark. I downloaded a service manual, and went through the troubleshooting procedures. I tore into the stator side of the motor. I found it totaly dowsed with oil.

I ohmed out the source coil, its in spec, the charging coil showns endless resistance, and on the primary and secondaries on the igniton coil it went to infinity. From all that, I think I'm pretty close to getting it back to trying to start.

The questions I have are with the oil on the stator and replacement coils. It drained out a good bit when I took the stator cover off, I inspected it for cracks, and holes, all I saw was a small hole in the bottom of the case, looked like a oil return sump?? Not really sure at all!

I haven't ordered replacement coils yet, I've found a few on ebay, but I'm leary on purchasing them. What brands are known to be good?

This trike was a complete impulse purchase. I got it for $225. Its really clean for its age, and its all there except the rear brake. This is going to be an on going project for me. I plan on getting it back up to snuff, and keeping it in the stable:)

Alittle about myself. My name is Fred, everyone calls me Dirty. I have been riding since I was a kid. First machine I ever threw my leg over was a 1984 ATC 70, Its been all down hill after there! It got sold when I was a teenager, and its always been missed I just recently got back into restoring and rebuilding bikes a few years ago, Getting married and having kids slowed me down for a bit, but I never lost my passion for working on bikes and riding.

I found a 1984 Atc 70 last year and picked it up, it brought back tons of memories. I also own a 2006 Banshee, 2005 Blaster, 2016 Kodiak 700, part owner of a 1986 TRX 250 with my brother, and now this Tri Moto. The blaster, banshee and 250r were all blown up projects that I worked on and restored. I bought the kodiak 2 months ago cause I just can't ride like I used to. It hurts to bad the next day!

Any help is appreciated. I'll try and help out the forum with what I can. I'm going to try and put a few pics up of some of bikes.

Fred233851233852233853233854