PDA

View Full Version : +2 - +6 swingarm

Lsxfbody
08-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Just curious what options i have for a +2 or +6 swingarm for a 1984 250r? I see tons of 85-86 but none for 84 and durablue doesn't make the +2 anymore...ebay and google are letting me down lol

fabiodriven
08-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Sometimes your best bet these days is making your own or having one made.

Dbishop311
08-07-2016, 09:55 PM
HRE should be able to make you one

Lsxfbody
08-08-2016, 08:06 AM
Ya i figured making my own is probally the best bet, i already have a machine ahop making me a couple swing arm bolts as the ones i found on ebay are 70-90/each and machine shop was only 40 lol they are even making a nut for it. Im thinking if i run a +2 and then use 400ex hubs and some spacers i should be at a decent stance. How hard is it to adjust the rear shock stiffness once i get the +2 or is running a new shock a better option? I dont want it to feel softer, i want the same feel as stock

oldskool83
08-08-2016, 09:55 AM
when you go longer your shock is going to get soft. You will need to have it re-sprung and re-valved for what you just did on the swingarm.

HRE will make 2nd gen swing arms. He has jig for that I know. Any suspension shop can redo the shock or there are a few guys here who can do them. Also a guy on ebay.

No bike needs +6 unless your going to go in a straight line in the dunes. +2 is normally the max on what you need.

fabiodriven
08-08-2016, 12:10 PM
You shouldn't have to mess with your shock if you only extend it 2". You probably wouldn't even have to mess with it if you went 3 or more inches.

Regardless of what Old Stool tells you, you can extend your swing arm to whatever length best suits you and your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lsxfbody
08-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Ya i only want +2, the +6 i was going to shorten as it is easier to cut down an aftermarket to fit and still keep my original swingarm as a spare

KASEY
08-09-2016, 12:54 AM
if you have a + 6 for a second gen 250r DO NOT CUT IT DOWN,,,, I am pretty sure if its not home made it is worth a chunk of change to some one!!!!

Lsxfbody
08-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Ya i only seen handmade +6s didnt know anyone ever manufactured a +6 for the air cooled, i just figured if i found one it would be easy to cut down and weld together than building my own from scratch. Ill be looking at just getting a oem swimg arm and welding in an extention and braces. I only want to add a few back and i like the idea of spacers and 400ex hubs just for the ease of running them during the winter on the ice and then removing them once im back running the dirt