PDA

View Full Version : ATK and Cannondale

Trikeaholic
02-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Seems that ATK is pretty much picking up where cannondale left off. I spotted this "used pre-production" model for sale on their website www.atkusa.com

Look familiar?? They are also selling off some re-badged Cannondale quads. I often thought of what ATK was going to do if and when bombardier put the foot down on the use of the rotax powerplants. Looks like ATK did not wait until they did, wich is good.

cdrookie
02-01-2004, 10:29 PM
i'm not sure what you mean about bombardier putting their foot down. cannondale produced their own engines. they didn't use rotax engines and are in no way affiliated with bombardier. now if atk buys bombardiers recreational division...

G-MAN-1
02-01-2004, 10:49 PM
one word......................JUNK

Trikeaholic
02-01-2004, 10:51 PM
i'm not sure what you mean about bombardier putting their foot down. cannondale produced their own engines. they didn't use rotax engines and are in no way affiliated with bombardier. now if atk buys bombardiers recreational division...

ATK uses Rotax engines, Rotax is mostly owned by Bombardier. The reason ATK bought out Cannondale's bankrupt division was to get the design and tooling for the powerplants BEFORE Bombarier put a stop to supporting thier competitors.......

I thought the original post was in english :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bill X_R
02-02-2004, 12:06 AM
one word......................JUNK

One mans opinion!