PDA

View Full Version : yamaha ytm 200

pontiacgp123
08-28-2016, 09:34 AM
hello im new and was wondering something ive been looking at a yamaha ytm 200 to buy its complete the guy says he has another parts bike to and an extra carb. i was wondering what these things are worth? hes asking 300 for both of them the one thats complete he says ran he said he started it got on and put it in gear it stood up and took off into a fence lol the other one said it ran but its been sitting with the carb off oh yeah he said the complete one hadnt ran since last fall ive owned a yfm 200 and it was a little different these have a de-comp hooked to the pull rope i always started my moto 4 with out the de-comp how is this ganna change the way you start it? also my moto 4 had electric start i dont think these do but i maybe wrong?so basicly whats the value on these thing?how do you start with the pull rope de-comp?and did ytm 200's come with electric start? thanks for responding

pontiacgp123
08-28-2016, 09:40 AM
234370 heres what the complete one looks like

YamaBoss
08-28-2016, 10:19 AM
200e Ytm's that are shaft driven came with electric start, chain driven models come with pull starts. 300 might be a little high but the 200 pictures has some nice factory accessories with it such as the racks, heel guards, and hand guards.

pontiacgp123
08-28-2016, 10:35 AM
thanks i was wondering about the electric start its chain drive ive had problems with shaft so im trying to stay away from that. whats the deal with the pull rope de-compression how does that work? my moto 4 had a lever but i never used it does it turn off like half pull or what? i just dont understand how would it start if its on de-comp? also i used to hold my hand over the carb there was no choke on my moto 4 and then full throttle and pull and it would start every time do you have to use the choke to start these? or should i try it like the moto 4?

pontiacgp123
08-28-2016, 10:44 AM
also im ganna take off the rack i dont like it but like you said it has nice heal guards ive never seen one like this it must be semi rare to have the guards plus like i dais it comes with a almost complete parts bike it just doesnt have the guards but has nice plastics and its missing tires but has rims. im ganna go buy them as soon as i can hopefully doesnt get away from me. ive been waiting to go see them for 3 days the guys been busy there about an hour away. he said the throttle stuck or something he says its the carb im thinking the slides in there wrong hopefully an easy fix my moto 4 was like that when i bought it the slide was sticky i oiled it and worked fine for about a year then the rear end went out so i traded for a yamaha 185 enduro 2 stroke bike. then i got that running and sold it so now im looking for another project they all payed for themselves so i cant complain now the enduros ganna pay for the ytms maybe i can sell the extra plastics for the price of them lol

YamaBoss
08-28-2016, 07:34 PM
thanks i was wondering about the electric start its chain drive ive had problems with shaft so im trying to stay away from that. whats the deal with the pull rope de-compression how does that work? my moto 4 had a lever but i never used it does it turn off like half pull or what? i just dont understand how would it start if its on de-comp? also i used to hold my hand over the carb there was no choke on my moto 4 and then full throttle and pull and it would start every time do you have to use the choke to start these? or should i try it like the moto 4?

There is a gear inside the pull start cover that pulls on the cable which opens the decompression lever when you pull the rope. My 200 like that never worked so I just disconnected the cable.

YamaBoss
08-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Also the 200 Heel guards are rare. Ive been looking for a few years and haven't found a set on eBay yet.

350for350
08-28-2016, 09:43 PM
I'd say that's a good price for both trikes. Before you think about selling anything off of the parts trike, Just think of what you'd have to pay for those same parts if you need them in the future. If you can, I think you should keep them both around so if you need something, you can just go pull it off and put it on your rider. You've already paid for that part.

pontiacgp123
08-29-2016, 10:00 AM
thanks i think its a rare unit to have all the guards and im probably ganna keep em both around its not too expensive for two its a good price im going today to get them its about an hour away and ive only got a 2000 s10 zr2 so i might have some problems getting both of them in lol im ganna try ive got straps and stuff im ganna put the parts bike in then put the good one on top of it side ways ive done this with yamaha 175's the 2 stroke ones i lost my butt on them i paid 300 for two but only 1 had a motor and no carb i thought carb i can get one off ebay but the fuel line was the wrong size and i ended up selling both of them to some kids at a swap meet in jefferson wis i go every year il probably bring the good one up there so i can ride around lookin at stuff. hopefully i can get it to run and drive he said it will probably run hes had it running but it must have been giving itself gas because it threw him off and ran into a fence lol with him chasing it. is there anything that would cause it to idle high? i think if its got a bad head gasket it could be letting air in and making it idle either high or irratically maybe he just didnt know what he was doing and the carb slide is in wrong im hoping for an easy fix if its a vacuum leak will it idle high? i should be able to adjust it out but if its the motor itself it might take awhile to get it going ive got a machine shop 2 blocks from my house and i get really good prices from them if i have a problem hopefully its not the valves but i could always pull the engine since its chain and not shaft and take the head down there buy a new set of valves from ebay and have them seated and throw a new gasket set at it and then hopefully have a like brand new machine. the owner said that it didnt smoke but i have had a moto 4 200 and a 225 shafts and the things didnt smoke till i went to ride them and there was no power so i pulled the muffler off and sure enough they both smoked like chimneys but ran great after the mufflers weighed like a ton they were definently plugged. i have another question does the muffler come off and still have the header pipe or is it all one piece? i like the sound of the muffler off they are alittle loud but i like hearing the motor to me nothing worse then a quite engine im alittle crazy but they have so much more power when the major restricted muffler comes off anybody else had this problem?and thanks for telling me that the de-comp crap doesnt work right that will probley be my first take off on it that and maybe a new rope spark plug and some gas maybe a good carb cleaning and im thinking about buying a carb kit just for the heck of it since im ganna being keeping them. the only thing im thinking about selling is he has a real nice seat and rear fenders plastic ive seen them go on ebay from $50-$300 so maybe they will pay for themselves i dont mind the painted plastics means i can paint it any color with out messing good material up maybe black or a nice ford blue or maybe a robin egg blue like pontiac blue. ive seen this really nice jade paint on a amc 360 engine metallic i think it was original but it looked awesome any good ideas for a paint scheme? yellow and black? hell give me some ideas guys

pontiacgp123
08-29-2016, 10:19 AM
if your intrested i might take them off and put them on ebay il let you know more tonight if my feet dont fit them im a big person 6'4 and size 13 shoe il take em off and give you a item number that is if your intrested not sure what they would go for since like you said never seen one on ebay before the heel guards yamaboss

pontiacgp123
08-29-2016, 05:47 PM
well i got them home man these things are awesome i sniffed the gas and it smeled pretty old so i disconnected the fuel line and drained it mean while i was cheacking it over look like a newer spark plug so i cheacked for spark zapped the crap out of me so i then decided since the gas was no good and i still had the fuel line off i sprayed some ether thrust stuff in the carb held her down and sure enough she fired right up like the guy said it would the pull rope and de-comp work great im really suprised this machine fired as easy as it did it ran for a few seconds no smoke knock or ticks i was really suprised im ganna change the fuel filter and maybe clean the carb and put some fresh gas in and air the tires all the way up there low but not flat he said it hadnt ran since last fall and boy do i believe him he said it came from a auction and he had it running but the gas says its been a few years lol im really happy now all i can hope for is the trans is good it shifts a little funky but thats probably from sitting maybe a little sticky in there my moto 4 was the same until i drove it a few minutes then all that cleared up hopefully no broken parts in there it does shift into first but thats about all i got so far it clicked but didnt seem like it changed i wont know till i ride the thing a little and the parts machine is froze up i cant pull the rope but the plastics are mint about as nice as they come now a days hard to get nicer and the seat is beutiful im ganna put the plastics in a lot on ebay all of them togather as soon as i get the chance to take them all off and i got a brand new performance carb for the one that runs im not ganna try it thou to much work to swap it over looks like the fuel lines a little bit different maybe not exactly the same as the one thats on there looks like a honds carb not a yamaha but he said it should fit maybe he got screwed from someone but ill tell you what it runs and im happy now i just got a whole lot of tinkering to do maybe rebuild the spare motor and keep that for when i blow this one up which seems to be pretty hard to blow these 200's up i beat my moto 4 so i know they can handle some abuse day after day there tank motors i swear but now its raining here so im stuck inside for today i got it in a portable garage so its not getting wet anymore i hope it loves its new home and stays togather for awhile thanks guys talk to you all later

pontiacgp123
08-30-2016, 01:36 PM
man this things beast wheelie machine! just gotta get this carb to stay clean it keeps clogging up but when its clean it runs like a beast pulls wheelies no problem im suprised at the power half throttle does wheelies and i cant get it to stop bogging after about 1/2 throttle but cant wait till it works right even clogged up its got massive power must be rebuilt beause its dangerous lol