PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

AK47KID
09-06-2016, 02:12 AM
would a new MC/ATV company have a chance to survive in this modern world? I mean going up against honda, Yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, ect... I'm trying to weigh my options for a future. Nothing gets my attention more than an explosion in a cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RamsesRibb
09-06-2016, 02:51 AM
The biggest hurdle I would think to be getting past the red tape regulations

DohcBikes
09-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Forget about this fantasy nonsense.

Go to the track. Do whatever it takes to get a spot on a race team doing whatever they ask you to do.

fabiodriven
09-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Always aim high kid! Reach for the stars, but be realistic.

RamsesRibb
09-06-2016, 10:50 AM
There is always room for products that people like. It's not an easy path however. If you are thinking starting a company that manufactures trikes there are probably going to be problems. One of which, and it is kind of sad is the market itself. Trikes where on the way out before the ban. Granted there will always be enthusiasts, but probably not a really big market. Looks like ATVs in general are much less popular these days. The majority of people buy UTV's, carts and buggies.
For instance, in my area, there is a small company named American Sportworks which makes UTVs and go carts. I believe they are somehow related to Manco which used to make trikes back in the day. Not high performance stuff, but they work and parts are available.
This is in itself kind of a niche market I guess but they've been around for years and seem to do ok.

DohcBikes
09-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Ask yourself why the major manufacturers are no longer fielding MX teams. The entire off-road powersports industry is on the decline.

keister
09-06-2016, 12:02 PM
would a new MC/ATV company have a chance to survive in this modern world? I mean going up against honda, Yamaha, kawasaki, suzuki, ect... I'm trying to weigh my options for a future. Nothing gets my attention more than an explosion in a cylinder.

Erik Buell comes to mind as a case study if you are looking to do some research.
Also a degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering would be a very good start.

AK47KID
09-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Erik Buell comes to mind as a case study if you are looking to do some research.
Also a degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering would be a very good start.
#jobcore