PDA

View Full Version : Good Price for a ATC 250R ?

brandonlowe2
09-07-2016, 03:42 PM
What is a good price to pay for a '83 Honda ATC-250r in good condition?

RIDE-RED 250r
09-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Depends greatly on location. In my part of the country, I see alot of people asking upwards of $1500 for a 2nd gen R in very good condition, I have seen some exceptionally nice ones for up to $2000, and occasionally even more. Whether or not they sell for that remains to be determined. Myself, I think not.

Also, what may be one persons idea of "good condition" can vary greatly from the next. There are some nice trikes out there with some hefty pricetags on them, and there are alot of crack smokers out there posting up clapped out trikes that "know what they have" and think they have a $2000 trike just because it's a trike and somewhat functional.

All of that said, people ask what prices they ask, the real question is what are they ACTUALLY SELLING for.

My opinion: For me to pay $1500 or more for a 2nd Gen R, it would have to be exceptionally nice and need absolutely nothing.. not brake pads, bearings, seat cover.....nothing.

Got any pics of what you are looking to buy/sell??

Helopilots
09-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I saw one listed a little while back with carb and brake issues for $3000 in Arkansas.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-07-2016, 04:05 PM
I saw one listed a little while back with carb and brake issues for $3000 in Arkansas.

And I'll bet it hasn't sold yet, at least not for 3 bills. That's a pretty ambitious price even for a nice 3rd gen. No way would I pay that for a 2nd gen, and I'll bet that 99% of the members here wouldn't either. Let me guess, in the ad the seller said "I know what I have"?? LOL! :beer

brandonlowe2
09-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Well... I am in North Georgia (hour north of Atlanta) and a place over in Savannah has two....

http://lowcountrycustoms.com/inventory/33112/view/L007/Savannah-GA/1983-Honda-250r

and

http://lowcountrycustoms.com/inventory/33112/view/L006/Savannah-GA/1983-Honda-250r

The one I am considering is the lesser expensive one mainly because I like the "dirt bike" style accelerator (or so I think I do) and of course because it is cheaper. They say the more expensive one is 100% original and the other one has had some modifications and they say that both of them run great. I can only assume they got them both from the same owner... I could be wrong though.

Please let me know what you think....

RIDE-RED 250r
09-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Both certainly seem to be very nice machines... But way high prices, at least for me. Might be typical for your area, though I doubt it.

IF I was in desperate need of a nice 2nd gen R, I might pay up to $2000 for the one they want $3600 for. Mostly original, yes. But for what they are asking, it should be all but still in the crate IMHO. The thing should be in near original showroom condition in all aspects. It is absolutely not 100% original. No tail light, no headlight, Maier front fender and aftermarket grips are things that jump right out at me. Small issues, yes... But these things take it decidedly out of "100% original" territory. 100% is 100%, not 90 or 95%.

The cheaper one, I might go as high as $1500.

Again, this is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. :beer

They certainly do seem to be very nice trikes though, that's for sure.

yaegerb
09-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Well... I am in North Georgia (hour north of Atlanta) and a place over in Savannah has two....

http://lowcountrycustoms.com/inventory/33112/view/L007/Savannah-GA/1983-Honda-250r

and

http://lowcountrycustoms.com/inventory/33112/view/L006/Savannah-GA/1983-Honda-250r

The one I am considering is the lesser expensive one mainly because I like the "dirt bike" style accelerator (or so I think I do) and of course because it is cheaper. They say the more expensive one is 100% original and the other one has had some modifications and they say that both of them run great. I can only assume they got them both from the same owner... I could be wrong though.

Please let me know what you think....

Neither of those second gens are worth that price. Maybe 1800 tops. You can find those all day in the Midwest between 1200 and 1500. Do some more searching on CL.

brandonlowe2
09-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I found a couple on Craigslist actually a little closer to me.... They are still asking 2000 and 2100 for them. I am going to contact them tomorrow and see if either might take a little less. I would love to pick one up for around 1500 or so running really good

brandonlowe2
09-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Oh and one more thing.... What is the difference in 1st and 2nd gen 250r?

RIDE-RED 250r
09-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Engines are pretty much the same but major differences with chassis and suspension

Rob Canadian
09-07-2016, 09:40 PM
I will let the big boys chime in on differences.

Up here in Southern Ontario there are not many 250R's for sale in good shape. Most are a pile... Area dictates the price on things for most part. I have seen some awesome trikes for sale in the USA...

yaegerb
09-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I found a couple on Craigslist actually a little closer to me.... They are still asking 2000 and 2100 for them. I am going to contact them tomorrow and see if either might take a little less. I would love to pick one up for around 1500 or so running really good

Sometimes you have to drive to get the gems....here's an example.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/snw/5743602130.html

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Hmm.... yea that looks nice and is priced right. I wonder how much to ship it to Atlanta would be.... I better find out!

What do you think about these? They are within a days drive for me...

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/snw/5704951269.html

http://gadsden.craigslist.org/snw/5708954711.html

and this guy doesn't have pictures, I text him to hopefully get some pictures:

http://macon.craigslist.org/snw/5726433191.html

yaegerb
09-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Hmm.... yea that looks nice and is priced right. I wonder how much to ship it to Atlanta would be.... I better find out!

What do you think about these? They are within a days drive for me...

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/snw/5704951269.html

http://gadsden.craigslist.org/snw/5708954711.html

and this guy doesn't have pictures, I text him to hopefully get some pictures:

http://macon.craigslist.org/snw/5726433191.html

First one is junk and who the hell takes pictures with the bike in the back of a truck?
Second one has potential. Maybe you can get him down to 1500.
Third one isn't a 250R. Notice it says electric start.

oldskool83
09-08-2016, 09:22 AM
It's gonna vary. You will find nice ones built correctly with every penny of asking price and then you will find clamped out ones only worth the tires they may have.

As long as people are stupid uneducated and cheap people will not get what they want out of a fair priced trike. I've parted many to get money out of them.

Just becomes its all original does not mean its worth a ton. Maybe mint but i seen a lot of all original bikes just well used and I'd give maybe $1000 max. You may need to get burned a few times until you really learn what to look for. As much as i do not want to say it I do not think there is as much demand for trikes now days and their was say 10 years ago. I mean they still selling but only if they dirt cheap, no matter how nice.

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 09:32 AM
First one is junk and who the hell takes pictures with the bike in the back of a truck?
Second one has potential. Maybe you can get him down to 1500.
Third one isn't a 250R. Notice it says electric start.

Ok, I see that now. Yea, I wasn't too sure about that first one but I really like the second one.... it makes me think he knew what he was doing and knew how to keep it running good since he has all those extra parts... OR it could just mean he tore it up all the time haha....

I contacted the guy in Grand Rapids but as soon as I mentioned shipping it he stopped responding lol..... maybe the guy in Alabama will take 1500 or so..... we shall see!

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 09:34 AM
It's gonna vary. You will find nice ones built correctly with every penny of asking price and then you will find clamped out ones only worth the tires they may have.

As long as people are stupid uneducated and cheap people will not get what they want out of a fair priced trike. I've parted many to get money out of them.

Just becomes its all original does not mean its worth a ton. Maybe mint but i seen a lot of all original bikes just well used and I'd give maybe $1000 max. You may need to get burned a few times until you really learn what to look for.

Yea I know what you mean. And I will be very honest I don't know much at all right now.... all I know is I want to learn....and I want the Trike! My quad needs to take a back seat! you guys are great helping me out here.

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Wow... check this price tag out... it looks nice though:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/snw/5765485089.html

and this one is very nice also....

https://wichita.craigslist.org/snw/5741908017.html

oldskool83
09-08-2016, 09:43 AM
I'd just buy a clamped out heap and built it how you want it. Then you know its trail worthy, will stay together and wont have a thing Jerry rigged or whatever other words you wanna call it.

I bought this for $50...and turned it into this, and got it titled. When buying them clamped out you can sell off parts not needed use money to good parted needed. You keep it up you can have a free toy just about. That's what a lot of us do on here. It's not hard to built one. you just unbolt and re-bolt things together.

My 100R

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 09:50 AM
I'd just buy a clamped out heap and built it how you want it. Then you know its trail worthy, will stay together and wont have a thing Jerry rigged or whatever other words you wanna call it.

I bought this for $50...and turned it into this, and got it titled. When buying them clamped out you can sell off parts not needed use money to good parted needed. You keep it up you can have a free toy just about. That's what a lot of us do on here. It's not hard to built one. you just unbolt and re-bolt things together.

My 100R

Wow that is a very nice job you did... especially considering how it started! Did you buy a new engine or buy parts from ones to make yours?

oldskool83
09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I rebuilt a KX112 eric gorr built mini motor I had saved from parting out a kx100. I keep a lot of 300ex parts and other items around from time to time when i get something in i part out. It's easier for me to built somthing then spend all they coin on 30+ year old stuff that has WD40 on its fenders and tires. If your buying a bike it should have dirt on it to some degree, 100% clean means they want it gone for money reason or other reasons.

jb2wheels
09-08-2016, 10:41 AM
If you don't mind traveling, check SoCal (http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/) and Phoenix (http://phoenix.craigslist.org/) maybe Palm Springs (http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/) Craiglist. Still too hot to ride (generally) right now so prices are good. They'll go up as the temps drop, then fire sale time again in the spring.

Drive out. Buy a trike. Ride the best dunes in the world on the way home.

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 01:00 PM
I wish I could ride out... and one day I will be able to! If I can find one that I can have shipped over, I would do that. I am currently trying to figure out a way to have that one in Grand Rapids shipped down to me. His $1500 price is not too bad

atc300r
09-08-2016, 01:26 PM
I would go for the deal with the 2 spare motors and parts.I payed $175 for my 83 back in 91or 92 .It was a basket case..234690

yaegerb
09-08-2016, 02:10 PM

My 100R

How much is in that bike total when you were done?

oldskool83
09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
About $1800-1900 built motor with built suspension and nice new parts i can get every day of the week. Not really a lot for a nice runner.

yaegerb
09-08-2016, 02:16 PM
so about what he would spend searching for one already done. Just curious.

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Yea that is good to know.... the advantage I see of doing it yourself of course is knowing the exact condition of the parts. I hope to learn to do that, but that is beyond my skills at this point. I still have the KLT250 I am slowly but surely working on.... maybe one day I will get it running, but, I need a trike that is running!

I am waiting on a shipping quote from the one in Grand Rapids.... and then the one that comes with the two extra engines says a guy is supposed to be picking it up Saturday.... I told him it that falls through I would take it... trying to talk him into 1500 and he keeps the extra parts to sell off on eBay or something

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 03:22 PM
I love the way this one looks.... https://wichita.craigslist.org/snw/5741908017.html

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2016, 03:39 PM
That 2nd gen in Alabama with the extra engine parts looks pretty good to my eye, and if you can get him down a few hundred that might be just the ticket.

The Wichita one is a 3rd gen, water cooled, 6spd. Nice trike. The one in Chicago for $5200, I think the guy is dreaming with his price. Nice machine for sure, but I think he is way high on his price.

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Well son of a gun.... 3rd generation. LOL I keep learning more and more. That would explain the differences in the look of what I now know to be a 2nd vs a 3rd gen. 6 Speed would be awesome.... how do you think his price is at $3000?

yaegerb
09-08-2016, 03:53 PM
The one in Chicago for $5200, I think the guy is dreaming with his price. Nice machine for sure, but I think he is way high on his price.

c'mon Joe, its the cook county sales tax...LOL

83ATC185
09-08-2016, 04:33 PM
That one in Centre, that is going to be just about as good as you do down here, on CL anyway... Most 3rd gens i find local, they all know what they have, and know how rare it is, and i triple dog dare you to find one as half as nice as this one for the money, blah blah blah..."restored from the ground up" with krylon fusion and bolts from the hardware store.

That however looks pretty nice id at least go check it out and make an offer on it before i beat you to it ;)

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 04:39 PM
Ok lol.... well the guy said he would be willing to ship it to me and let me pay him via paypal or something, but he is out of the country until next week. Hopefully I will hear from him Monday and have it in my hands in a couple weeks

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Well son of a gun.... 3rd generation. LOL I keep learning more and more. That would explain the differences in the look of what I now know to be a 2nd vs a 3rd gen. 6 Speed would be awesome.... how do you think his price is at $3000?

Again, what I am posting here is just one man's opinion. And while I think my opinion is fairly accurate for my area, it might not be for yours...

Having said that, the 3rd gen in Wichita at $3000 isn't outlandish. In my opinion it is a fair starting point to bargain with where maybe you could wiggle him down to $2500-$2700 which I think would be a pretty fair price for both buyer and seller. Kind of like I think $2000 is about the limit I would pay for a really nice 2nd gen if I wanted one badly enough, I feel that $3000 is that point on a 3rd gen. The 3rd gen is generally more desirable and sought after not simply because it is a liquid cooled 6spd and has an even better yet chassis and suspension package, but since they share the same engine that was in the TRX250r quad, there is a TON of aftermarket support still. Everything from big bore kits, exhaust systems and reedcages to good used OEM parts. ESR even offers NEW crankcases, available with custom deck heights for your stroker build, no spacer needed. The 3rd gen ATC also shares other components besides just the engine too, mainly swingarm, axle, rear brake setup (on the '86 ATC, '85 was different but easily swapped over)There is still a sizeable following for the TRX250r quad, and because of that the 3rd gen ATC250r reaps a lot of windfall benefit of support for parts and mods.

Now, the collector in me would love to own one specimen of 1st and 2nd gen 250r. Someday I'm sure I will. But the truth is, the 1st and 2nd gen 250r take a bit more diligence in hunting down those rebuild/restore parts than the 3rd gen, simply because they share almost nothing in the way of major parts and components with the still popular and very well supported TRX250r.

Let me see if I can find a link for you that will show the progression of the ATC250r. It should help you gain the knowledge you are seeking so you know what you are looking at. Note how much the ATC250r changed in just 4 model years from the 1st gen in '82 to the introduction of the 3rd gen in '85. It never ceases to amaze me when I look at how rapidly they evolved!

Stand by for link:

Here it is. Enjoy, I always do! :beer http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/180-ATC250r-Technical-Data

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Yea that is pretty sweet.... I wish I seen this long ago! I am sold on getting the one from Wichita.... hopefully it won't be too expensive to ship. Here at my store we use CH Robinson for most of our freight shipments. I have contacted them to get me a quote to go pick it up.... but.... if anybody on here has experience with shipping ATVs please let me know if there is a better/cheaper way than just standard freight. I assume strapping it to a pallet and putting it in a truck is the way to go... hopefully just a couple hundred bucks

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2016, 05:37 PM
I think the more difficult task facing you is convincing the seller that you are a legitimate buyer and not a scammer. Unfortunately, scammers that work CL mostly ask to have the item shipped with some crazy accompanying story about them being out of country or some such nonsense.

Good luck!

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Yea that is an issue.... I provided him information about my business (which I own and is a very public place) and told him I would pay, up front, with my business PayPal account which we are verified and secured by PayPal, which means him nor I can get scammed... And he said that he would be willing to get the deal done. So hopefully the trike is there when the truck shows up!

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2016, 06:29 PM
The Wichita 3rd gen?

oldskool83
09-08-2016, 07:24 PM
I bought my 85R for $720 running here in coal country not pretty but mostly was all there. $3000 it better come with a hand job thats forsure. you can buy something blown up and make it nicer for less. Wait a few months ppl will want x-mas money.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2016, 07:37 PM
While I don't doubt what you're saying olskool, I think that yours is an example of an exception, not the rule. Fantastic that it worked out for your for $720 and some elbow grease, but I think we all know how quickly a rebuild cost can rise into another thousand or two once you start digging in. The OP hasn't struck me as someone with the knowledge and ability (yet) to get into a project, seems like he wants a turn key trike and just get out riding. I would try like heck to get that Wichita trike for 2500 or so, but I'd go to 3g if the selled just refused to budge. It's a darned nice trike, no hand job needed. ;)

oldskool83
09-08-2016, 07:41 PM
not many 30 year old toys are turn key, heck my 2016 built 100r needs tinkering with. He can do what he wants but that kinda cash on something 30+ years old you best know what your getting into.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Agreed, they aren't getting any younger are they. ;)

brandonlowe2
09-08-2016, 11:08 PM
What do you about this? http://m.ebay.com/itm/272365104979 How does a 350 compare to a 250?

Also, check out this 250r gen 3 http://m.ebay.com/itm/152231993441 I didn't think about checking ebay

oldskool83
09-09-2016, 07:33 AM
350x has power of a 400ex which to me is not anything to brag about. 250R has a different type of power due to its power band. If our bashing trees and trails 350X more open stuff 250R but thats my thoughts. I ride 450 700 4 strokes 100 and 250 3 strokes, every bike does something better then the other one in different settings.

brandonlowe2
09-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Makes sense... thats what I figured. I am pretty set on the 3rd gen 250r

brandonlowe2
09-09-2016, 09:27 AM
What do you guys think about this one compared to the one in Wichita.... http://santafe.craigslist.org/snw/5673911829.html

oldskool83
09-09-2016, 09:33 AM
look ok, i'd toss the front tire for something better like stock size and profile. Have you ever ridden one of these? I know some ppl want something bad and never get seat time on anything before they buy.

brandonlowe2
09-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Yea I don't like the front tire at all... or the headlight... but those are easy changes. I have never ridden a 250r. I have ridden several other trikes but never owned one. I am currently riding a Honda 250ex and a warrior 350 quad.

brandonlowe2
09-09-2016, 03:07 PM
Got several shipping quotes to get the one from New Mexico shipped to me.... $682.00 is the cheapest rate I can find. It is with National Auto Shipping. Has anybody used them? Their quote for the one in Wichita is around $500.... so, I think the Wichita one is going to be out because I don't want to go over 3k for one.... but, the one in NM If i can get him down $182 and get it shipped to me for a total of $2500..... thats no terrible is it?

oldskool83
09-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Just hold out and find something local. I've been burned on trades when they said they ran and I had 5 mins to look them over. Nothing beats seeing somthing in person riding it. I cant see why someone on here does not have something for sale localish to you.

ATCT
09-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Those prices are crazy for the ones you were looking at. I picked this one up for $1300 here in Phoenix last year. It's not in perfect condition, but is in nice condition and is all original. Runs great.

Be patient, keep looking. You'll find one worth your while.

If you're willing to ship, this one looks pretty nice. http://ventura.craigslist.org/mcy/5716383655.html

brandonlowe2
09-09-2016, 04:53 PM
I am really leaning towards an 86 model

yaegerb
09-09-2016, 04:55 PM
I am really leaning towards an 86 model

I would be as well......

oldskool83
09-09-2016, 09:01 PM
i saw a 86 250r and 85 350x out side of my old local honda dealer today....there for a second i was happy to go inside then i saw all the stupid 4x4s

brandonlowe2
09-09-2016, 11:35 PM
What were they getting for the 250r?

oldskool83
09-10-2016, 07:04 AM
they were not forsale lol no dealers sell them anymore

Leevvii
09-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Just for info purposes, in Australia, a good condition 3rd gen went for 7000 recently, not many around over here. I recently purchased mine [2nd gen] in pieces for 2 grand, not a bad price, as i said, rare as hens teeth round here.

brandonlowe2
09-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Should I consider a Tecate or Tri-Z?

RIDE-RED 250r
09-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Should I consider a Tecate or Tri-Z?

Of the two I prefer the Tecate. But both are harder to get god parts for than the 3rd gen R. Both are cool, and different. Not as many of them out there.

But when you ask if they are worth consideration with the 3rd gen R, it really comes down to you and if you are willing to deal with less aftermarket support and parts sourcing. Lots of guys have restored, rebuilt, and modded both, but it will be more challenging and options are a fair bit more limited.

fieldy
09-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Honda is known for their quality too. YOUR money and time goes farther on the R.
Tri-z no clue.

brandonlowe2
09-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Yea I kind of thought that would be the case... they are very far and few between. I agree they are cool, but, ability to get parts when it breaks down is a big plus and worth $ in my opinion.

I thought I had a 250r yesterday... but somebody else made a deposit on it he said :-( I am watching one on eBay now... an '85 model. I hope to be able to win it.... got a great shipping quote from one of our shipping companies, I can get it shipped here for $277.... so.... maybe this one will work out for me

oldskool83
09-13-2016, 09:53 AM
TECATE 2nd gen only. left the 1st stuff alone. problem with tecates is they are so scared. Ive seen 1 in person in my 33 years on earth. I do own some tecate stuff but not much.

Most people get bikes because they find what they find. This is not a hobby you can just say I want this and I will get this. Its like saying I want a 67 stang....your gonna pay out your ass for a nice one or piss and mount about how hard it is finding one.

Problem with wanting to get into a vintage hobby. This is why I just built my own stuff...ebay has all the parts you need since ppl know there is a demand for parts.

I'd take a tri-z over a 2nd gen R

I take a tecate 3 B1/B2 over a tri-z

I'd take a 3rd gen 250R over tecate 3

I'd take a 450R trike over all 3 and most people would too if you ever road a 450.

Hope that helps, it may not but it may put things more in perspective.

fieldy
09-13-2016, 10:22 AM
Yeah, last gen only, forgot to mention. Anything else might as well buy a 2 stroke dirt bike imo. New 4 stroke top end rebuilds, quite costly for the average family guy.

brandonlowe2
09-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the thoughts... the guy on eBay just told me his reserve is set at $2500 for the '85 R

I know we have been talking in here about the 250r's being worth top end around 2k..... but..... is it possible as more people (like everybody here and myself) get them selves one because they WANT one and don't have intentions of selling it (do any of you want to sell yours? I guess I should have asked that earlier on in this thread!) that the supply for them is getting less.... which has made the price of them go up? I missed out on the one yesterday that went for $2400.... this guy wants $2500... i see several others between $2500 and $3000...... is it possible that that is just the "new" price for these things?

fieldy
09-13-2016, 12:48 PM
$2500 to $3000 for one with some new parts on it that runs and looks good. Not a Honda but I bought an 86 Kxt origional runner for $1500 and it needs every bit of $1500 put back into it for rideability, saftey and looks. Not including motor.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Brandon, IMHO a nice, solid, needs nothing 3rd gen 250r ('85 and '86) will be hard to find for under 2g. Most times you should expect to pay $2500-$3000, and those numbers are kind of low juxtaposed with some of the asking prices I have been seeing. Granted, asking prices can and often do differ from buying prices that people actually shell out their hard earned for. Basically though, if you find a solid 3rd gen R for 2g or less, jump on it because either someone is getting desperate to sell or they really don't know what they have.

These old trikes are a money LOSING proposition unless you are buying them by the dozen and parting them out for a living. The first 250r in my sig has a bit over $8000 into it as it sits now all rebuilt and pretty heavily modded. If I were to try and sell it, I am fully aware that 3g is about the most I could expect to get for it realistically, maybe even less. When I say that it's my opinion that a solid 3rd gen is usually worth about $2500-$3000, that includes modded specimens. Anyone who thinks they will get back every $ they put into a build come selling time is kidding themselves. So yes, if you want a nice trike and are not looking at it as an investment purchase, get what you want, take care of it, and enjoy it. Guns and precious metals are about the most stable "investment" purchases out there.

Again, if I were on the hunt for a nice 2nd gen, 2g is about the most I would be willing to shell out for one, and it would have to be in 100% working order and look good to.

3rd gen, I would go up to 3g with the above listed conditions still applicable.

Oldskool: Guess I'm not like most people. I've ridden my share of 450s to include the first JTS Customs (Jake Keister) YFZ450 trike. Yeah, they are cool and innovative, with stump pulling torque, a wiiiide power curve, and modern suspension. But I still like my old classic wing-dingers best. HOWEVER, I do not race so my requirements for happiness with my wheelers are different than someone who competes on the track. :beer It's a '71 Chevelle SS vs '16 Camaro debate... I'm a member of camp "Old School", and not just with my wheelers.

yaegerb
09-13-2016, 03:45 PM
5 pages, 1200 reviews, endless advice....go buy an ATC

oldskool83
09-13-2016, 03:59 PM
lol yes go buy something you like and learn like the rest of us did. You will get addicted and buy many more like most of us did also. I only bought about 20 some of them no including dirtbikes and atvs.

brandonlowe2
09-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Alright.... well you guys are awesome.... I am going to go shopping and hopefully I can report back soon with what I end up with... I am looking forward to getting it and hopefully making a trip to Trikefest in the future :-)

RIDE-RED 250r
09-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Next post you make better have a pic of the trike you bought! ;) :beer