PDA

View Full Version : My New Trike!

brandonlowe2
09-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Well after a ton of good information and help from these forums I have just purchased my first Trike this weekend. An '85 Yamaha Tri-Z! As you might have seen in my other thread I was originally looking for a 250r, but, after a good bit of shopping I decided I wanted to stay within my price range (under 2k) and within driving distance (why pay 300-500 bucks just in shipping?) SO, I found a very nice Tri-Z just 4 hours away and went and picked it up yesterday for $1800.00

We went out riding yesterday for about 4 hours and man it was a blast. This is my first trike, and my first 2 stroke machine. SO, I admit I am learning but I was really comfortable on it towards the second part of the ride yesterday. I do have a few questions for all of you more familiar with 2 stroke trikes than me....

The guy that I bought it from had restored the trike. Cleaned everything up good and bored it out to the next size, etc., etc.... he kept telling me when I picked it up that the rebuild was very fresh and I should go easy on it until it breaks in. Well.... I took his word that he knew what he was doing. i went easy on it for about an hour riding (because I needed to get used to it anyway) and then I started getting into it. Man its FAST! Having said that, here are my few questions.

1. The chain seems really really tight. How tight should the chain be on this trike?

2. What things should I be watching for on this Trike to wear/tear/break to try to keep it in top notch shape?

3. The rear tires are new, the front is old and starting to crack... I plan to replace the front this week... what do you recommend? (also will be putting new grips on it because the current grips are sliding off!)

4. This is my first 2 stroke, so, I am still learning and understanding it, but.... in 1st and 2nd gear the "first half" of the gear seems to be powerless. When I take off, about half way through 1st gear is dead and then all the sudden it takes off like a bat out of hell. Same thing in 2nd. By 3rd and 4th i'm already up to good speed and notice nothing strange. Is this normal? Is it the way I am using the clutch possibly? The only way I can get it up on 2 wheels is to get it up to that higher RPM "2nd half of the gear" and let out on the clutch.... is it just the way I am riding it?

5. This is probably more of a "i need more experience" comment, but, we have 130 acres in the North Georgia mountains where I will be riding 80% of the time and one thing I noticed that is definitely different than my 4 stroke quads is that going up hill from a stand still is very hard if not impossible! WHen I had a good running start, I had no problem in 1st and 2nd gear, but, if I lost RPMs and stalled out, it was impossible (again I probably just need more time on the seat) to get it started up on the up hill.... I had to turn it sideways (level ground) or turn around and face it down hill to get it started up again.

All in all is was a blast riding it... it went every where my 250ex could go... mud... hills.... and I outran my buddy on his 350 warrior which was a blast! I am looking forward to getting out riding on the OHV trails around here and seeing what it can do!

DohcBikes
09-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Sounds a bit like igntion to me. Congrats on the trike.

Do you have a factory service manual yet?

brandonlowe2
09-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Which part sounds like ignition to you? I am still getting used to there not being a key lol

I don't have a manual yet but I plan to find one

Bottomland4x4
09-18-2016, 01:47 PM
What your noticing is probably the "power band" kicking in. If this is your first two stroke. It's kind of like a turbo car, some lag off the bottom and then when the boost comes in you really feel it. Sometimes it is called coming up on the pipe, do you some research on the two strokes and you will learn more about it.

RamsesRibb
09-18-2016, 02:29 PM
When your climbing a hill how do you stall the engine? Are you. Trying to use to high a gear?.Are you trying to idle up the hill? I broke my Tri-Z shifter on a trip one time with no way to fix it and 2 days to ride so I vice gripped it to 3rd and had no problems climbing hills from a dead stop. Not much top speed but that was ok because half of it was trails.

You will figure out that on a 2 stroke gear selection is important.

brandonlowe2
09-18-2016, 03:52 PM
I think my problem is I was scared to flip over backwards so I wasn't giving enough gas when letting out the clutch... The one time I was successful taking off up a hill from a standstill I asked my buddy to put my front end down if it came up.... I gunned it and sure enough would have flipped if he hadn't ya Jed my front end down lol but I made it right up the hill no problem

RIDE-RED 250r
09-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Congrats Brandon! I think you did well. :beer

As to your questions,

-Chain tension: A general rule of thumb for suspended wheelers is that you want about 3/4" of slack with you sitting on the seat. Consult your manual when you get it for the correct adjustment for your specific machine.

-Wear and tear items: Pretty much the same as any other ATV

-Front tire: If memory serves, the OEM Tri-Z front rim is 12". This makes tire selection a bit of an issue. If they are available in the correct size, I highly recommend the Kenda Front Max. I have it on my big bore R and the wife's 350x. It's a terrific front tire for a trike, it was designed FOR trikes way back in the day. I remember seeing an ad in the old mags for Kenda Front Max and Viper rears shown on a 200x in a racing shot. Post up the size of the front tire you have, and I'll dig around a bit. I'm sure others have good advice on the subject as well

-Power curve characteristics (your item 4 and 5): Welcome to 2-stroke world! This is normal for a high performance 2-stroke. They don't have much "low end grunt", but once you get the RPM up and get it "on the pipe" it's like someone flipped a lightswitch. What RPM you come into the meat of the power varies depending on carb, pipe, and porting layout. All of those things and how they are configured plays into where your peak power and torque comes in. Nothing you are describing sounds abnormal to me, especially when you disclose that this is your first 2-stroke. Ride that thing, and as you get more seat time on it, you will get more accustomed to it and more proficient with it.

Have fun!

DohcBikes
09-18-2016, 05:18 PM
I'd be very careful not to quickly overlook the possibility of an issue.

DohcBikes
09-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Your rear tires look heavy. That's not helping bottom end power. Also what is your gearing?

Red Rider
09-18-2016, 07:57 PM
I'd be very careful not to quickly overlook the possibility of an issue.I'd also be very careful not to quickly overlook the possibility of there being no issues, especially since the new owner has admitted being new to 2-strokes. Maybe there is a 3ww member nearby, that is familiar with Tri-Z's, that can give an honest assessment of the trike's current state.

Nice score by the way. Welcome to the world of high-performance 3-wheelers.

brandonlowe2
09-18-2016, 08:53 PM
If there was a "problem" what would it possibly be? I will take some video this week of it so you guys can hear it and see how it runs.

I will look into that kenda tire and see if it is available!

brandonlowe2
09-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Heavy back tires they might be.... What tires would you recommend on the back? Lots of woods and hill climbs here

brandonlowe2
09-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Oh and the gear ratio... I have no clue. How would I tell?

DohcBikes
09-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Hey I didn't say they ARE heavy I said they LOOK heavy. What are brand and model they? Some tires are really heavy.

I recommend used tires. Watch for them on craigslist. Try all kinds, have extras.

I've had 2 plys that were thick and 4 plys that weren't. Good luck and bad luck with any given tread because riding conditions change and different tires do better in different weather.

I like a lot of oem dunlop offerings and kt355's are one of my favorites.

DohcBikes
09-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Oh and the gear ratio... I have no clue. How would I tell?Count the teeth on the front sprocket, and the teeth on the rear sprocket, and report back with each number.

yaegerb
09-19-2016, 12:03 AM
Well after a ton of good information and help from these forums I have just purchased my first Trike this weekend. An '85 Yamaha Tri-Z! As you might have seen in my other thread I was originally looking for a 250r, but, after a good bit of shopping I decided I wanted to stay within my price range (under 2k) and within driving distance (why pay 300-500 bucks just in shipping?) SO, I found a very nice Tri-Z just 4 hours away and went and picked it up yesterday for $1800.00

We went out riding yesterday for about 4 hours and man it was a blast. This is my first trike, and my first 2 stroke machine. SO, I admit I am learning but I was really comfortable on it towards the second part of the ride yesterday. I do have a few questions for all of you more familiar with 2 stroke trikes than me....

The guy that I bought it from had restored the trike. Cleaned everything up good and bored it out to the next size, etc., etc.... he kept telling me when I picked it up that the rebuild was very fresh and I should go easy on it until it breaks in. Well.... I took his word that he knew what he was doing. i went easy on it for about an hour riding (because I needed to get used to it anyway) and then I started getting into it. Man its FAST! Having said that, here are my few questions.

1. The chain seems really really tight. How tight should the chain be on this trike?

2. What things should I be watching for on this Trike to wear/tear/break to try to keep it in top notch shape?

3. The rear tires are new, the front is old and starting to crack... I plan to replace the front this week... what do you recommend? (also will be putting new grips on it because the current grips are sliding off!)

4. This is my first 2 stroke, so, I am still learning and understanding it, but.... in 1st and 2nd gear the "first half" of the gear seems to be powerless. When I take off, about half way through 1st gear is dead and then all the sudden it takes off like a bat out of hell. Same thing in 2nd. By 3rd and 4th i'm already up to good speed and notice nothing strange. Is this normal? Is it the way I am using the clutch possibly? The only way I can get it up on 2 wheels is to get it up to that higher RPM "2nd half of the gear" and let out on the clutch.... is it just the way I am riding it?

5. This is probably more of a "i need more experience" comment, but, we have 130 acres in the North Georgia mountains where I will be riding 80% of the time and one thing I noticed that is definitely different than my 4 stroke quads is that going up hill from a stand still is very hard if not impossible! WHen I had a good running start, I had no problem in 1st and 2nd gear, but, if I lost RPMs and stalled out, it was impossible (again I probably just need more time on the seat) to get it started up on the up hill.... I had to turn it sideways (level ground) or turn around and face it down hill to get it started up again.

All in all is was a blast riding it... it went every where my 250ex could go... mud... hills.... and I outran my buddy on his 350 warrior which was a blast! I am looking forward to getting out riding on the OHV trails around here and seeing what it can do!

1. The chain needs about 1/2 inch of play up and down from resting position.
2. If it's freshly rebuilt. Put 91 or higher octane mixed at 32 or 36:1. Keep the transmission oil fresh by changing every 15-20 hours of ride time. Make sure you grease the pivot points where there are zerks. Other than that just keep riding and listening for odd sounds or different behaviors. The bike will tell you if something is wrong.
3. I would recommend 120mm ODI rogue grips. I always liked a kenda klaw front tire.
4. Sounds like your needle may be rich. Raise your needle 1 clip and see if that goes away. If not try 2 clips.
5. Yes 2 strokes are different than four. They have less torque and require lower gears when climbing hills of any serious nature.

Oh and get a manual.

brandonlowe2
09-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Ok, here is some info.

Current Front Tire - 25x8-12 Kenda KLAW XC is available in that size...

For the chain... I have attached a picture of it to show the tension.... it definitely does not have 1/2" of slack in it...

yaegerb
09-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Yep, that chain needs to be looser than that. Get a manual and follow how to adjust the chain properly. You might want to give it a bath first ;)

brandonlowe2
09-19-2016, 11:01 AM
Ok.... I will try to figure it out tonight. Yea bath time for sure.... we found lots of mud holes yesterday :-)

RIDE-RED 250r
09-19-2016, 03:44 PM
X2 on Yaegerb's recommendation for the ODI locking grips, they are AWESOME! Once you try a set, you will never go back to conventional grips.

Your drive sprocket is showing some wear, it will be time to replace that soon. And truthfully, both sprockets and the chain should be replaced together as a complete set. But drive sprockets are cheap, and about the worst you will do is wear out the next drive sprocket sooner if you don't do the chain and rear sprocket with it... Your call.

For rear tires, I have come to REALLY like the ITP Holeshot GNCC. I have them on my big bore R and the wife's 350x with Kenda Front Max up front on both. The second R will get a set as well. I ride gravel roads and some woods trails and they do really well in those conditions. Not really a "mud" tire, but for general trail and gravel road hammering, I like them alot. A fantastic general purpose tire for sport/race trikes IMHO.
http://www.itptires.com/tires/sport-atv/holeshot-gncc

I'm not sure what rim size you have out back on your Tri-Z. These are only available in for 9" rim...

czac
09-19-2016, 03:53 PM
your grips are probably slipping off because they are motorcycle grips and not designed for an atv without a twist throttle. I had the same issue so i just wrapped yellow electrical tape on my bars untill the grips stayed on tight. Actually though it was only one grip that slipped off easily!

I think the front tire on my trike is a mud claw... Kendra maybe? i forget. I dont have a tri z but my trike does have a tri z front end on it...lol for rear tire i have a set of Maxxis hole shots, I love em. i just wish i could find and then afford a pair that were 22" tall because mine are only 18 inches tall and my front tire is 25" tall! lol... good luck with the trike, have fun and be safe!

NeverLift
09-19-2016, 04:42 PM
This is the front I run and its been a great tire. It's about the only 23" that's not made for a utility quad.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CHENG-SHIN-CST-FRONT-TIRE-23X8-12-YAMAHA-TRI-Z-YTZ-250-YTZ250-1985-1986-/370846058754?hash=item565825c902:m:mhs10VZ2ZKUcwSM-KyOWiTw&vxp=mtr

For the rear i have many sets but the ones i run most often are ITP holeshot mxr6 18x10x9 great everywhere however I avoid the mud when I can.

Tactical_Lever
09-20-2016, 02:43 AM
I don't think those tires look too big. Of course I like to run a little bit bigger than a problem pure race tire. I had a Tri-Z and had 2 sets of tires for it. One set was 26" and it lacked torque and had a hard time pulling them. Did great in mud though. The other set was stock size and they were too small imo. I would run out of revs in 6th even though I had half the throttle left to twist.

It would still do about 125 km/h. In third if I cracked it at the right rpm it would stand straight up without yanking on the bars or any other coaxing.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Tactical_Lever
09-20-2016, 02:50 AM
When you are tackling a big hill gear down, get up into the power band so you are already "making" power. And there is no big change in output which could upset the bike. Stand up and get your weight over the front of the bike to keep it planted.

brandonlowe2
09-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys!

I dropped it off this morning with the Yamaha mechanic in town... he is going to put my new tires on and go through it to make sure he doesn't see anything that needs worked on.... he is going to fix the chain too. I decided to let somebody that knows what they are doing do the first tune up on it.

One thing I really need to get soon is a new muffler pipe... the one on there now is falling off and the baffle is gone so it is ridiculously loud lol.... can I use something like this: http://www.motosport.com/fmf-powercore-2-silencer-2stroke

RIDE-RED 250r
09-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Looks like you have a DG pipe. DG also has a matching silencer for that pipe, that's what I would get.

brandonlowe2
09-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Ok I will try to find the matching silencer for it... thanks!

NeverLift
09-20-2016, 04:28 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-86-Yamaha-YTZ250-Tri-Z-DG-ATV-Oval-Brushed-Aluminum-Muffler-Silencer-20-4211-/261327754913?hash=item3cd85916a1:g:FX4AAMXQdohRDh~ g&vxp=mtr

brandonlowe2
09-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Thank you NeverLift.... ordered.... should be here in 2 days :-)

That place seems to have quite a bit of replacement parts that fit Tri-Z... I am going to have to bookmark that place... thank you.

DohcBikes
09-20-2016, 04:57 PM
I dropped it off this morning with the Yamaha mechanic in town... I decided to let somebody that knows what they are doing do the first tune up on it.Those are rare and precious words. Well done.

Tactical_Lever
09-21-2016, 04:24 AM
I like those tires you have on right now. I always thought the small tires run out of clearance real fast.

Use whatever silencer you like. Look for a nice, welded stainless one.

You should have all kinds of jam with that expansion chamber.

Tactical_Lever
09-21-2016, 04:34 AM
1. The chain needs about 1/2 inch of play up and down from resting position.
2. If it's freshly rebuilt. Put 91 or higher octane mixed at 32 or 36:1. Keep the transmission oil fresh by changing every 15-20 hours of ride time. Make sure you grease the pivot points where there are zerks. Other than that just keep riding and listening for odd sounds or different behaviors. The bike will tell you if something is wrong.
3. I would recommend 120mm ODI rogue grips. I always liked a kenda klaw front tire.
4. Sounds like your needle may be rich. Raise your needle 1 clip and see if that goes away. If not try 2 clips.
5. Yes 2 strokes are different than four. They have less torque and require lower gears when climbing hills of any serious nature.

Oh and get a manual.
I don't think I ever used a fuel with a high anti knock index, as the oil helps with that.

I always made sure I had at least the minimum amount of oil in the mix, and didn't sweat a tiny bit more. I would be somewhat leery about fooling around with the jetting on a 2 stroke if you don't have a good handle on what you are trying to achieve. Too easy to cook it, by running too lean. Not good to run them out of fuel, and you should see a little smoke.

yaegerb
09-21-2016, 09:25 AM
I don't think I ever used a fuel with a high anti knock index, as the oil helps with that.

I always made sure I had at least the minimum amount of oil in the mix, and didn't sweat a tiny bit more. I would be somewhat leery about fooling around with the jetting on a 2 stroke if you don't have a good handle on what you are trying to achieve. Too easy to cook it, by running too lean. Not good to run them out of fuel, and you should see a little smoke.

apparently you haven't read my recent posts on motor building or carb tuning (over the past 5 or so years). Welcome to 3ww.

Tactical_Lever
09-21-2016, 09:41 AM
apparently you haven't read my recent posts on motor building or carb tuning (over the past 5 or so years). Welcome to 3ww.
Nope. That post of mine wasn't addressed to someone that was comfortable tuning the bike. I do most of my own vehicle maintenance, but I'm not sure I would want to fool around with a 2 stroke tune.

Not that I never will, but I would read up on it until I was sure about it. The OP didn't sound like he was familiar with 2 strokes, so I had some doubts on him trying to run it leaner.

Thanks for the welcome.

BTW, why do you recommend high octane for a fresh build?

brandonlowe2
09-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Well.... I think the 3 wheeler bug bit me hard.... I just bought another Trike! I really wanted a 4 stroke trike for basic riding around the property.... and I really need to get my wife one (she things the Tri-Z is the coolest thing) But, she wants 4 stroke and electronic start.... so, I just picked up a Honda ATC 250sx for $500. It runs great... needs new tires and a new seat cover for sure though. I will get pictures posted soon.

yaegerb
09-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Nope. That post of mine wasn't addressed to someone that was comfortable tuning the bike. I do most of my own vehicle maintenance, but I'm not sure I would want to fool around with a 2 stroke tune.

Not that I never will, but I would read up on it until I was sure about it. The OP didn't sound like he was familiar with 2 strokes, so I had some doubts on him trying to run it leaner.

Thanks for the welcome.

BTW, why do you recommend high octane for a fresh build?

because today's fuels are crap especially with ethanol blends. Today's 91 was 87 10-20 years ago. I have run some of my bikes on 87 and even 89 and will still witness detonating. I don't take a chance, I stick with 91 or higher. Furthermore, I will go out of my way to find non ethanol blended fuels.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-21-2016, 07:58 PM
because today's fuels are crap especially with ethanol blends. Today's 91 was 87 10-20 years ago. I have run some of my bikes on 87 and even 89 and will still witness detonating. I don't take a chance, I stick with 91 or higher. Furthermore, I will go out of my way to find non ethanol blended fuels.

ABSO-FRICKEN-LUTELY!

Everything I own gets 91 non-ethanol except our two newer vehicles... my saws, weedeaters, wheelers, boats, '78 Chevy, etc etc... A bit more octane rating than minimum recommended doesn't hurt a thing.. You will lose a very small amount of performance, but you won't even notice it unless you are literally dyno tuning...so long as you are only a few points higher like running 91 non-ethanol vs 87 with 10% ethanol... Jump up to 110, you will likely actually feel a loss in performance, but again, it won't hurt a thing. Don't try the other way around though!

And FTR, 2-stroke tuning is really no different than tuning a 4-stroke, both need a certain amount of fuel to run properly, both can burn the top end down with a lean condition, both will run like garbage if too rich... But in fact, I find it much easier to tune a wing-dinger as I feel they much more clearly communicate what they want than a thumper, in my experience anyway. Thumpers are much more subtle.

Brandon: Way to go on the latest acquisition! Love to see a pic or two! :beer

yaegerb
09-21-2016, 08:43 PM
ABSO-FRICKEN-LUTELY!

Everything I own gets 91 non-ethanol except our two newer vehicles... my saws, weedeaters, wheelers, boats, '78 Chevy, etc etc... A bit more octane rating than minimum recommended doesn't hurt a thing.. You will lose a very small amount of performance, but you won't even notice it unless you are literally dyno tuning...so long as you are only a few points higher like running 91 non-ethanol vs 87 with 10% ethanol... Jump up to 110, you will likely actually feel a loss in performance, but again, it won't hurt a thing. Don't try the other way around though!

And FTR, 2-stroke tuning is really no different than tuning a 4-stroke, both need a certain amount of fuel to run properly, both can burn the top end down with a lean condition, both will run like garbage if too rich... But in fact, I find it much easier to tune a wing-dinger as I feel they much more clearly communicate what they want than a thumper, in my experience anyway. Thumpers are much more subtle.

Amen brother Joe, preach on!

brandonlowe2
09-22-2016, 03:40 PM
So... I need a new shock on the Tri-Z..... wow I did not realize how much a new shock cost!

RIDE-RED 250r
09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Check out that Tri-Z parts interchange thread... I think it's the Banshee shock that will work on the Z... Should be able to find a good working used Banshee shock for reasonable $$$ I would think...

Yes, shocks can be VERY expensive!

brandonlowe2
09-22-2016, 04:42 PM

Can this cylinder be recharged or something? It king of looks like a serviceable part

RIDE-RED 250r
09-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Yes they can be recharged. But you might need to have the shock rebuilt for it to hold.

My opinion: unless you are going to custom tune your suspension for your body weight and racing, you would probably do just fine to replace it with a good used Banshee shock.

Rob Canadian
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Very nice trike you got.. Looking forward to seeing how the wifes 250SX turns out.

Start a new thread on it. :)

brandonlowe2
09-22-2016, 10:48 PM
Ok I will look for a used banshee shock! Got the tri-z back from the mechanic today. The new tires are great and other than the rear shock and the clutch cable he replaced he said everything else is really nice and taken well care of so I was very happy to hear that.

Yea I will start a new thread on the 250sx. My buddy picked it up for me tonight (good friends are great!) and he just sent me a video of him riding it... I will go see it in the morning. My wife has no clue I night it for her lol... I gotta do a little work on it before I give it to her. I will take pictures of it and start a new thread in the morning

Tactical_Lever
09-23-2016, 05:20 AM
Not to be contrary, but those numbers are just a knock index. 87 RON today was 87 yesteryear.

And if anything, today's engines are better able to handle low anti knock rated fuel than before. Speaking mainly of cars and trucks with knock sensors, VVT, and aluminum heads help.

I was just questioning why it would matter whether it was freshly built or not. I suppose if it was badly in need of rings it would make some difference.

I'll take your word that 2 strokes are easier to tune. I agree that you can cook a 4 stroke, too; but they are more forgiving.

brandonlowe2
09-23-2016, 09:17 AM
Here are my new tires on the Tri-Z... They make quite a difference in the ride!235116235117

Also.... what is this red light supposed to be? It doesn't seem to work...

Red Rider
09-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Also.... what is this red light supposed to be? It doesn't seem to work...Hopefully you never see that light come on, as it's the, "she's running a little hot" light. In other words, it's just a coolant temperature warning lamp.

brandonlowe2
09-23-2016, 02:58 PM
OH! Ok that is good to know and good that I haven't seen it light up! haha

doobro
09-24-2016, 12:41 AM
Nice trike. Would it be an 85 1/2?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

brandonlowe2
09-24-2016, 07:57 AM
Yea it is an 85 1/2. Are there any other differences in the 85 and 85 1/2 other than the color?

350xtrike.rider
09-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Are there any other differences in the 85 and 85 1/2 other than the color?

Nope, same motor/suspension/frame configuration except maybe the numbers on the motor/frame, but don't quote me on that.

Tactical_Lever
09-24-2016, 10:55 PM
Here are my new tires on the Tri-Z... They make quite a difference in the ride!235116235117

Also.... what is this red light supposed to be? It doesn't seem to work...

Whoo! Those are some big tires relative to stock! 25"? I had tires about that big as a second set for mine.

You might want to consider regearing quite a bit lower if you didn't already.

brandonlowe2
09-25-2016, 10:45 PM
They are actually on 22" tires :)

Tactical_Lever
09-25-2016, 11:32 PM
They are actually on 22" tires :)
Wow, must be the perspective. I believe that I had almost settled on that size as a nice compromise.

Tactical_Lever
09-25-2016, 11:38 PM
I might air them down a little. Probably only want about 4 pounds in those to really work.

brandonlowe2
09-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Ok I will let some air out and how it does.... Yea the front tire is 25"

brandonlowe2
09-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Hey guys... do you think this is the shock I need? http://www.ebay.com/itm/rear-shock-1987-2004-yamaha-warrior-2XK-22210-10-6W-Y152-/272387525894?hash=item3f6b8fcd06:g:CG0AAOSwPCVX5UP W&vxp=mtr

According to the interchangeable parts thread for Tri-Z... warrior shocks fit

85z
10-11-2016, 01:30 PM
nice trike