PDA

View Full Version : New Member, First time ATC owner.

Gorjax
09-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Hey everyone, i finally bought my first ATC, a 1984 Big Red 200es. Its in really great overall shape, but i still paid too much for it i know($1300 cdn) but im happy ive got one and i plan on keeping it forever.

The only hickup ive found so far is that is seems to stall out when its warmed up after about 30mins or so, and it wont idle in neutral either. It just putters out and dies instantly. I can start it , but the only way is if i really give it a lot of throttle as im starting it. Then unless i quickly jump into first and take off, it will stall right out again. So ofcourse ive googled the hell out of this and got a lot of ideas from this thread here http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/159725-200s-stalls-when-hot .

I wrote down a list of about 10 different things to go over. Here is where im looking for help. Although i have already ordered myself an owners manual of Amazon, its going to take a week or so to get here and i want to check the ohms on the Ignition Coil and also the Stator, but i dont know what the ohms should be reading at. Can somebody with a manual maybe let me know what the readings should be? Thanks!

For anyone curious here is a list of things i wrote down to check.

1:Throttle needle settings / idle screw

2:Ignition Coil cold/hot

3:Stator ohms

4:CDI box solder on the pins to the board

5:Float bowl, checking for floaters in the bowl plugging the jets

6:Gas cap venting issue

7:Head Gasket, there seems to be some fouling around where the gasket would be, i dont actually know how to check this one, hopefully its not the issue.

Anyways, that was a long first post, over all the bike seems to be great, just this one big problem that i need to fix since this is going to be my dedicated hunting rig. Thanks for reading everyone.