PDA

View Full Version : Gun rights

RamsesRibb
09-28-2016, 01:17 AM
We just had double murder suicide down the street from my house today where a disgruntled neighbor went over and killed a female deputy and then her daughter before finishing himself this afternoon. I'm a strong believer in our right to bear arms, but this makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with people. I know we need our right to defend ourselves and our freedom, but with everything wrong with the people around me I don't know what to think about what my neighbors have planned in their twisted brains.

What do others feel about this situation?

bkm
09-28-2016, 01:31 AM
I bet that if this guy didn't have a gun he would have probably of spent his day helping an old lady across the street, or possibly volunteering at a homeless shelter instead of murdering two people.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DohcBikes
09-28-2016, 02:54 AM
Access to guns makes violent crime an easier decision. I also knew a couple people that would still be alive if not for a combination of momentary weakness and easy access to a gun.

bkm
09-28-2016, 03:33 AM
Access to guns makes violent crime an easier decision. I also knew a couple people that would still be alive if not for a combination of momentary weakness and easy access to a gun.
What makes you think they would still be alive had they not had access to a gun at that point in time? You'll never know if later down the road they wouldn't have chosen an alternative method.

Why is there violence without guns if violent crime with a gun is as easy and prevalent as people say it is? If a gun is easier to obtain than a book (according to the President) why do people choose to commit violence with their bare hands, blunt objects, edged weapons, etc? Why did McVeigh use a truck load of fertilizer instead of a cache of automatic weapons?

I'm not naive to the fact that I'm sure violent criminals have contemplated their act and the availability of a gun made their decision that much easier, but to just throw a blanket over the issue and assume the availability of a gun was the deciding factor as to whether or not they followed through with the act is merely an assumption.

Was there no violence in the world prior to firearms?

Scootertrash
09-28-2016, 07:45 AM

Bullish!t!

DohcBikes
09-28-2016, 07:49 AM
Good argument scooter. Although the best way to argue against logic is with nonsense. Ask glamy.

El Camexican
09-28-2016, 08:06 AM
Great post. Get rid of all the guns so America can be safe... Like Mexico, or Chicago.

Caminofeld
09-28-2016, 02:08 PM

I definitely agree. Just like fast food is an easier option than cooking dinner when you're emotional and hungry. Just like it's easier to drink or do drugs than be productive and solve your life's problems.

I had a few friends and one 2nd cousin that did themselves in due to severe emotional distress, drugs/alcohol, and having a firearm within reach.

I do feel, however, that our freedom to bear arms was paid for in blood by the thousands and should not be affected by the actions of a few disturbed individuals. If taking guns out of their hands means diminishing my 2A rights, then I'm not for it. The whole point of 2A is to allow the citizens to organize and form a militia to combat a tyrannical Gov….and that will already be difficult enough with AR's and 30 rd mags.

RamsesRibb
09-28-2016, 03:02 PM
In the event I'm referring to, the killer apparently walked up to the neighbors house with his rifle and the lady, who was a cop, got into a shootout in the yard with him. He then shot her older daughter at the front door and finally killed himself. The younger child was inside and called 911. The woman's husband is a state trooper was at work.

The shooter was a young local guy that graduated from our catholic school. This is a small town and usually the more affluent and community leaders kids go to that school. This is all kind of mind blowing to everyone. But I myself have firsthand knowledge of what a psychotic neighbor is is like.

I mean like when my son takes trash out to the road, a grown ass man gets in his truck, rides out to the road, shines headlights at said son, revs the engine and then yells that he has a gun.

I mean like a guy who is shooting a pump shotgun at midnight in the dark and pellets are hitting on my garage door and roof. I when I come out and start looking around I see a shadowy figure running and racking a shotgun and then entering the neighbors back door.

I mean a guy who when I'm driving down the road I see a lady parked in a field, unlock the trunk of her Toyota Camry, and guess who comes crawly out, with an ice chest.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Placing blame on the inanimate object, the tool used and it's "accessibility" for the actions of the user.... Sounds an awful lot like the 3-wheeler witch-hunt that led to the consent decree doesn't it??? That was a great idea too.... :rolleyes:

RamsesRibb
09-29-2016, 03:09 AM
You're right. In my opinion it is not the gun but the hand wielding it.

El Camexican
09-29-2016, 08:25 AM
In the event I'm referring to, the killer apparently walked up to the neighbors house with his rifle and the lady, who was a cop, got into a shootout in the yard with him. He then shot her older daughter at the front door and finally killed himself. The younger child was inside and called 911. The woman's husband is a state trooper was at work.

The shooter was a young local guy that graduated from our catholic school. This is a small town and usually the more affluent and community leaders kids go to that school. This is all kind of mind blowing to everyone. But I myself have firsthand knowledge of what a psychotic neighbor is is like.

I mean like when my son takes trash out to the road, a grown ass man gets in his truck, rides out to the road, shines headlights at said son, revs the engine and then yells that he has a gun.

I mean like a guy who is shooting a pump shotgun at midnight in the dark and pellets are hitting on my garage door and roof. I when I come out and start looking around I see a shadowy figure running and racking a shotgun and then entering the neighbors back door.

I mean a guy who when I'm driving down the road I see a lady parked in a field, unlock the trunk of her Toyota Camry, and guess who comes crawly out, with an ice chest.

I grew up next-door to a mentally insane neighbor. She was locked up three times in an institution yet still managed to attack my mother, and her own mother a few times. I kept a gun in my room from about the age of seven and on. There were guns in her house and we were more than disappointed by that, but they never would take them away from her even when she was institutionalized.

I like to think of guns in terms of clubs, or spears. Once one person had one someone else had to get one in order to keep the peace. The safest thing for everyone at this point is to carry a gun and know how to use it, there's no going back now. Besides, if you thing the government is screwing you now just imagine what it would be like if you were unarmed. Think Venezuela.

Mentally handicapped, or disturbed people will always exist, taking away guns from same people want change that and suicidal he inclined people will always find away.

I hope your neighbour moves, I would literally cry at night wishing that mine would when I was a kid and she was pacing up and down her driveway threatening and swearing at us while throwing things at our house for as much as five or six hours a night.

keister
09-29-2016, 12:01 PM
From one of my favorite episodes of All In the Family:

Gloria Bunker-Stivic: Daddy, did you know that sixty percent of the people murdered in this country in the last ten years were killed by guns
Archie Bunker: Would it make you feel any better, little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?

Zackmtr112
09-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Placing blame on the inanimate object, the tool used and it's "accessibility" for the actions of the user.... Sounds an awful lot like the 3-wheeler witch-hunt that led to the consent decree doesn't it??? That was a great idea too.... :rolleyes:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Everyone on this site should just agree and stop posting because big red is %100 correct and has backed it up with the PERFECT analogy for everyone on this site.

Rob Canadian
09-29-2016, 08:46 PM
You're right. In my opinion it is not the gun but the hand wielding it.

Very true. I am not a gun person at all. I had a Super-Soaker2000 a couple years ago. We have some decent laws in Canada as far as owning a gun BUT with anything. If you want one you can get one...

x-rider
09-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Pull the trigger and get one.

Rob Canadian
09-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Pull the trigger and get one.
Who me? Naw. I am good. If someone has a beef with me. Mono on mono.

x-rider
09-29-2016, 09:12 PM
In general. Just shooting relieves stress.

DohcBikes
09-29-2016, 09:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vF66CsYEnc

Rob Canadian
09-29-2016, 09:29 PM
In general. Just shooting relieves stress.

We shoot pucks not people. :) In general