PDA

View Full Version : 250sx Plastic Gas Tank

brandonlowe2
09-28-2016, 08:48 AM
I would like to find a plastic replacement gas tank for my 250sx.... but I can only find them in red. I would like to get a white one. Anybody have any ideas?

Jd110
09-28-2016, 09:56 AM
This is from e-bay.

350for350
09-28-2016, 11:49 PM
I've bought different things from them before and have had good luck. Also Clarke Racing has an option of a white tank.

Ranvier
09-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Plastic is sure easier on the knees...

brandonlowe2
09-29-2016, 12:40 PM
My metal one inside has some rust in it and I'm sure that can't be good

Herboso
09-29-2016, 01:10 PM
If it isn't too bad, you can chemically remove the rust. Some people have used vinegar with acceptable results. Twice, I have used a product called "Kreem" on different tanks. Once on a motorcycle and another on a generator/welder and it worked fine. They sell it as a three step process where you use chemicals to remove the rust and clean the tank and then line the tank with a coating. There are some out there that have had negative experiences with Kreem but its a product that has been sold for years. YouTube has several videos of people removing rust from their tanks with cheap home remedies too. I say if the tank is in decent shape cosmetically and not rusted through on the inside, save your money by trying to save the tank first. Look over the DIY remedies first and give those a try before trying the commercial remedies. If it doesn't work then go with a new (expensive) tank. Just my two cents. A new plastic tank will definitely solve the problem for good though. Cosmetically, I prefer the look of the shiny original tanks but plastic has some real advantages.

brandonlowe2
09-29-2016, 01:54 PM
That is great advice... I really appreciate it. Yea, the tank is in pretty good shape. It has one dent, but, I can probably knock the dent out. I will have to re-finish the outside anyway. I will try this first.... worst thing that can happen is I screw it up and have to replace it anyway. It is worth a shot. I will let you know how it turns out.