PDA

View Full Version : my 110 that Ive had since 1990

westsideriderz1
10-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Hi all. New the the forums. I am rebuilding an 1984 125m to swap into my 85' 110. I got a great deal on craigslist for a motor, battery holder, front clip (someone literally cut the frame at the neck), front wheel, aftermarket bars, 125m dash, 125m exhaust. It was the perfect set of everything i needed to swap the 110 to electric start, 125m. Just looking for sub trans cover as i rebuild it which is hard to find (only fits the 84 & 85 125m).

In the mean time, i checked the rings and they seemed a little out of spec. I have ordered a chinese piston and rings. If the piston works well, i may use it. The OEM size pison seems impossible to find now.

The bike is getting a rear disc brake conversion which i will have to fab and weld.. I ordered the 200x rear rotor setup and i am going to do a rear caliper from a street bike. GL1800, cbr1100xx Hurricane ect. These bikes have two hydraulic line inputs to separate pistons on the caliper (see honda linked braking system). I plan to use the front handle bar and rear foot pedal to operate the rear brake with seperate custom lines. The 110 didnt have a front brake so i may use the front wheel from the 125 or perhaps a bigger bike if i decide it needs front brakes.

Since the 125m was only made for two years before changing the new motor, parts are tricky to find folks.

As my title says, Ive owned the 110 since my parents gave it to me as a gift for christmas when i was 6. Its 31 years old and my kids will have a chance to ride it for sure.

Rob Canadian
10-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the site.
Keep us posted on the retrofit. Any pics?

Big G
10-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Nice to see you're keeping the trike in the family. Post up some pics when you're done!