PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda ATC 200x Crank rod and bearing replacement. Where to find a machinest

greenhaze20
10-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know where i could send my crank out to get the rod replaced, New washers, new Rod bearings and trued and balanced? Does anyone know how the gear that is on the crank shaft is taken off without losing its position throwing off the cam position/timing?

Thanks for your time,
Andrew

x-rider
10-02-2016, 08:11 PM
This one? F.A.S.T. Racing out of Kansas did mine. He was having trouble with it and had to send it off somewhere else. It did take quite some time to get it back. I'll see if I can find out who he sent it out to.
I can't find info on who he sent it out to, but somewhere in Arizona I believe. I'm sure if you ask him he will tell you.

YTZ drew
10-02-2016, 11:20 PM
I had Ken O'Connor Racing in Danielson CT do mine. Dropped it off on a Friday, picked it up the following Friday. He mostly does two stroke work, but had no problem with either the cam sprocket nor the big end pin which has oil ways that must align when pressed together. He does a ton of mail order work.

greenhaze20
10-03-2016, 09:36 AM
He has great prices, thanks for the heads up. I am going to give him A Call.

Andrew

westsideriderz1
10-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Cam gear can gets pulled off with a puller. I cut my crank bearing off to get better access to the cam gear. I believe it needs to be pressed back on in place so mark the crank and cam gear before removal. There is no oem mark or keyway.

YTZ drew
10-06-2016, 11:04 PM
The only info I have ever read concerning installation of the cam sprocket simply indicated that a tooth should align with the keyway on the crankshaft. I have replaced a worn sprocket before, by filling the stator cavity with rags, and cutting the old sprocket with a dremel. The new sprocket fell right on after warming it up with a propane torch to about 300 degrees.

shortline10
10-07-2016, 06:24 AM
The correct bearing puller will pull the cam gear and main bearing off at the same time , using a puller on the cam gear alone will most likely damage or bend the gear .
I have rebuilt hundreds of 200x cranks and never once needed heat to install the main bearings or gear , they simply press on without much force . Installing the connecting rod is a different story and freezing is required .
Yes , for installing the cam gear you simple align a tooth to the flywheel key way .

big specht
10-07-2016, 08:15 AM
I second that. They are not that hard if you have a bearing puller and a press and some V blocks and a pair of dial indicators and feeler gauge

greenhaze20
10-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all the help!!