PDA

View Full Version : Mlb 2016

El Camexican
10-04-2016, 11:40 PM
How about them Jays! If they meet the Indians my Dad and I may not be speaking for a few days.:lol:

redsox
10-05-2016, 09:05 AM
I'd make dinner reservations with your dad if I were you.

R-N-D
10-05-2016, 10:37 AM
I'd love to see the Jays play the Cubs. Go Cubbies!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

El Camexican
10-05-2016, 06:48 PM
I'd make dinner reservations with your dad if I were you.

LOL! I may be a fair weather fan of the Indians, but I’ve been one for over 50 years. I hope to just mail him a gift card for a burger and a sympathy card instead. If you want me to send me your Kleenex bill after the Sux series I may be willing to help with that too.

Rob Canadian
10-05-2016, 08:06 PM
I am not a big MLB fan but watch it later in the season. I am real busy at work in the early season. I was born in Toronto so I am partial to the Jay's. :)

jonolanracin
10-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Well since i named my son nolan ryan ill pull for texas but i am a diehstd yankee fan so as long as the red sux or st louis dont win it all im good lol

R-N-D
10-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Well since i named my son nolan ryan ill pull for texas but i am a diehstd yankee fan so as long as the red sux or st louis dont win it all im good lol
That's funny. We call the other team in town the White Sux. Gotta love it. Die Hard Cubs fan, hoping for a miracle, or close to. Go Cubbies!

86T3
10-06-2016, 09:39 PM
I don't really care for baseball but if the Blue Jay's are up 2-0 coming home a buddy and I are going to find some tickets and go the the game. I hope that suckered punching douche Odor gets pegged in the ribs with a 95mph fastball

El Camexican
10-06-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't really care for baseball but if the Blue Jay's are up 2-0 coming home a buddy and I are going to find some tickets and go the the game. I hope that suckered punching douche Odor gets pegged in the ribs with a 95mph fastball

Do me a favor and throw a beer can at him. Don't worry, some drunken Canadian will take the blame for you.

R-N-D
10-07-2016, 08:10 AM
He did have a good day that day. After that punch, he had 3 hits. Went 3 for 5.

redsox
10-07-2016, 07:14 PM
ugly ugly ugly ugly. If porcello and price couldn't put it together, i don't think bucholtz is the answer. it'll be nice to be home, and we've come back from further down, but i've got to admit it doesn't look good.

El Camexican
10-07-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm loving this. Talked to my dad today, getting tense...

jonolanracin
10-08-2016, 12:24 AM
They are having some great games so far. I hope you dad dont get to mad when cleveland sends the redsux home early lol

El Camexican
10-08-2016, 09:13 AM
They are having some great games so far. I hope you dad dont get to mad when cleveland sends the redsux home early lol

He has no issue with that series, it's the Jays vs Indians that will heat things up, but he'll come around. The Indians were his team for many years before the Jays came along, but I never never gave up on the Chief.

86T3
10-08-2016, 10:58 AM
My buddy backed out which I can understand. The game doesn't start till 7:30, and Toronto is about 2 hours away so we probably wouldn't get home till 1 or so. That's if we don't stop to enjoy the ballet. Another guy is working, one is in Denver with his family, and my last hope has a pregnant wife and an infant so it doesn't look like I'll be going. I will keep looking good though. And if it is Toronto vs Cleveland I'm in a pretty awesome spot, it's only lyrics 3 hours to cleveland. Hopefully if I can't catch the game tomorrow I can get one from the next series

El Camexican
10-08-2016, 12:25 PM
My buddy backed out which I can understand. The game doesn't start till 7:30, and Toronto is about 2 hours away so we probably wouldn't get home till 1 or so. That's if we don't stop to enjoy the ballet. Another guy is working, one is in Denver with his family, and my last hope has a pregnant wife and an infant so it doesn't look like I'll be going. I will keep looking good though. And if it is Toronto vs Cleveland I'm in a pretty awesome spot, it's only lyrics 3 hours to cleveland. Hopefully if I can't catch the game tomorrow I can get one from the next series

I'm jealous!

redsox
10-09-2016, 11:02 AM
it looks like the weather is going to prevent an indians loss today.

El Camexican
10-09-2016, 01:01 PM
it looks like the weather is going to prevent an indians loss today.

I guess for you this is a lot like if your mother had told you that your dentist had to cancel your appointment due to a family emergency, eh?

Rob Canadian
10-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Just got home from Turkey dinner.

5-4 for the Jays...

redsox
10-10-2016, 10:33 AM
I guess for you this is a lot like if your mother had told you that your dentist had to cancel your appointment due to a family emergency, eh?

The reckoning begins today pal. No way they lose today. No way. It's too nice out. Beautiful fall Baseball weather in New England.

jonolanracin
10-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Yeah cleveland maybe next year sox fans

redsox
10-10-2016, 09:56 PM
wow.. say it ain't so coco. say it ain't so. the sox hit the ball hard all night, just right at them. bad luck. too many swings at ball 4. sox could have won, but didn't play good, fundamental baseball. coco his his first home run in years. wasn't meant to be. coco is a class act. always has been. sad day in Boston. Wait till next year! Go Cubs.

R-N-D
10-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Yes, Go Cubs!

El Camexican
10-10-2016, 11:48 PM
wow.. say it ain't so coco. say it ain't so. the sox hit the ball hard all night, just right at them. bad luck. too many swings at ball 4. sox could have won, but didn't play good, fundamental baseball. coco his his first home run in years. wasn't meant to be. coco is a class act. always has been. sad day in Boston. Wait till next year! Go Cubs.

When you're hot, you're hot. And when you're not, oh well, you know the rest LOL!

All I want is for Cleveland to win the World Series once, and then that chapter of my life can be closed and the rest of you guys can cheer your teams on without any impedance from me.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure that this year is going to be the Indians year. The Jay's look strong and the Cubs have been amazing. It's going to be a tough hill to climb.

Hey, IDK47, is it okay for me to cheer for an American team?

R-N-D
10-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Well I think the Cubs are a bit overdue since it's been 108 yrs since they last won a World Series. That's a chapter in many lives that have gone by without a win. And, generations thereafter.

El Camexican
10-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Well I think the Cubs are a bit overdue since it's been 108 yrs since they last won a World Series. That's a chapter in many lives that have gone by without a win. And, generations thereafter.

They shouldn't have been so rude to that goat!:lol:

R-N-D
10-11-2016, 12:43 AM
Serves them right I guess.

jonolanracin
10-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Well since cleveland is up 1 game is dad nervous yet lol

El Camexican
10-16-2016, 01:25 AM
Well since cleveland is up 1 game is dad nervous yet lol

And now 2. I guess the Jays forgot to pack their bats.

Mosh
10-16-2016, 09:28 AM
Boy would it be quite extraordinary for Cleveland to pin 2 championships in the same year. Actually 3 if you count the Lake Erie monsters trophy also.

Since the browns look to go 0 for the century at this point.

jonolanracin
10-16-2016, 11:16 AM
All the games have been good close games so far im really enjoying them

redsox
10-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Tough loss at wrigley. Awesome game though.

R-N-D
10-17-2016, 12:01 PM
Sure was tough. Even more so since we were there. Was a good game, great pitching duel.

Rob Canadian
10-17-2016, 08:22 PM
Jays are down by 2...

jonolanracin
10-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Indians up 3 games so sorry canada looks like the jays flew too far south

El Camexican
10-18-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm pumped, I really want them to win the WS before the PC Police make them retire Chief Wahoo.

Today's my Dad's birthday, so I didn't call him after the game to rub salt on the wound:D

jonolanracin
10-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Guess your dad is happy today jays win

redsox
10-22-2016, 10:45 PM
I don't feel the joy that these cubs fans are feeling, but i recognize it. Its in their bones. Every pitch is live or die. When your father, and his father, have never seen them win, and you've been witness to failure for literally your entire life,,, its nice to win. I've been there. Nothing else like it.

El Camexican
10-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Tribe time!!!

Red Rider
10-23-2016, 02:48 AM
Gimme Vaughn!

Mosh
10-23-2016, 11:43 AM
"Whoa...He is gonna need a rocket up his ass to catch that one Monty"

El Camexican
10-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Freaking guys, now I'm going to have to watch them all again:lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097815/quotes

Do any of you remember them bringing Charlie Sheen out in the 7th inning of a game during the 97 World Series with the Marlins to film some shots for what was supposed to be a Major League sequel where they win the whole thing? I wonder if there still a plan to release something if they pull it off? Maybe Charlie could play the manager.

Regardless, someone blow the dust of Chrissie Hynde and lets get this party started!!! :Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

Mosh
10-23-2016, 12:39 PM
I am not really a baseball "fan". But I was in it in the mid 90s when the tribe was really good, with Thome, Griffin, Alomar, etc.

Not really a basketball fan either and when James skinned out for Miami I was pissed..I still dont really care for the guy, but watching him come back and help, notice I say help, get it done, Cuz Kyrie Irving was a freak for the NBA finals, I am really digging this Cleveland sports rise right now. Especially having to watch the clowns just suck, and I mean suck for the last 25 years..I primarily am a football fan, and I watched the drive, the fumble and all those disappointments..I gotta say it would be epic if the Tribe can pull this off this year.
We may see the river catch fire before the browns even go .500 again.

Sorry dont mean to turn this into a Browns poopy party..

Jmoozy27
10-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Gimme Vaughn!

Ju-usst a bit outside....:beer

Red Rider
10-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Freaking guys, now I'm going to have to watch them all again:lol:Based on how good the Indians are doing this season, I'm surprised I haven't seen TBS playing them back to back to back.

El Camexican
10-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I am not really a baseball "fan". But I was in it in the mid 90s when the tribe was really good, with Thome, Griffin, Alomar, etc.

You left out my main man, Omar Vizquel. When the wife was with child and we still didn't know if we were painting the room pink or blue I put Omar in the name bin. The room ended up pink, but she still inherited my little league baseball glove with an image of Tanglefoot inked into the palm of it.

R-N-D
10-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Let's Go Cubbies. Been 71 years since they were in the WS. Think they are overdue. 108 yrs since they won it. It's about time.

Red Rider
10-24-2016, 02:59 AM
Okay, since were talking Major League, there are so many good quotes to choose from, but my favorite has to be when Jake (Tom Berenger) unwittingly crashes Lynn's (Rene Russo) dinner party. While talking with the guests, the guests learn that Jake is a professional baseball player for the Indians, and one lady says to Jake, "Why I didn't realize Cleveland still had a baseball team." And Jake says, "Yeah, it's great. We've got uniforms and everything."

Cracks me up everytime.

Mosh
10-24-2016, 06:39 AM
" What the hell league you been playing in?"
California penal.

Jmoozy27
10-24-2016, 09:30 AM
"You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

redsox
10-24-2016, 09:51 AM
You guys forgot indians great Manny Ramirez. Great hitter. Great glove. Selfless player that was all about the team. Big "extra effort" guy. Great public speaker, good for the community, great role model for the kids!!

El Camexican
10-29-2016, 01:21 AM
When your ball team and your hockey team both win 1-0 on the same night within 5 minutes of each other just 30 seconds before your Cuban rum bottle goes dry its a wonderful day:D

86T3
10-30-2016, 02:02 AM
If you need a place to stay for the championship parade Elcamexican, assuming they win, I live about 3 hours from Cleveland. Considering the drive you have to Cleveland, I'd assume 3 hours wouldn't be that bad. Plus you could get waffle house along the way.

El Camexican
10-30-2016, 03:15 AM
If you need a place to stay for the championship parade Elcamexican, assuming they win, I live about 3 hours from Cleveland. Considering the drive you have to Cleveland, I'd assume 3 hours wouldn't be that bad. Plus you could get waffle house along the way.

Thanks man!!! Wish I could take you up on that kind offer, unfortunately I'll be about 7,400 miles away from Cleveland on parade day (and there WILL be one!) but those waffles with a smear of honey sure sound good!

Mosh
10-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Thanks man!!! Wish I could take you up on that kind offer, unfortunately I'll be about 7,400 miles away from Cleveland on parade day (and there WILL be one!) but those waffles with a smear of honey sure sound good!

I am 40 minutes away...But you dont wanna meet me anymore...prolly better anyway. I would turn you to the dark side, and my enemies would be yours you would ride some super bad ass trikes and trails and prolly want amnesty. ..:w00t::shiftyeyes:

Oh well... we up 3-1...

El Camexican
10-30-2016, 11:53 AM
I am 40 minutes away...But you dont wanna meet me anymore...prolly better anyway. I would turn you to the dark side, and my enemies would be yours you would ride some super bad ass trikes and trails and prolly want amnesty. ..:w00t::shiftyeyes:

Oh well... we up 3-1...

Oh well, we'll always have the Indians, Ohio Express and a distain for Liberals, even if it is from afar...

jonolanracin
11-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Looks like there will be a game 7

El Camexican
11-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Looks like there will be a game 7

I could puke. To top it off they were showing flashbacks of the two most recent WS appearances that the Indians didn't win tonight. What a wonderful evening this was.

jonolanracin
11-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Just be sure to eat something that comes up easy today lol
I could puke. To top it off they were showing flashbacks of the two most recent WS appearances that the Indians didn't win tonight. What a wonderful evening this was.

Red Rider
11-02-2016, 06:44 PM
It couldn't hurt to sacrifice a live chicken either, or a bucket of KFC, if you prefer.

jonolanracin
11-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Im hoping for extra innings with both teams running out of pitchers

Evan Hagenow
11-02-2016, 07:27 PM
That would be a great ending to the series. Time to get some position players in there pitching. Never thought I would see the day when the Cubs win a world series

Mosh
11-02-2016, 09:52 PM
Top of the 5th game 7 tribe down 5-1...been a cleveland sports fan all my life, I never get excited..They always choke...

https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM

Evan Hagenow
11-02-2016, 10:06 PM
That's gotta be one of the best videos I've ever seen

jonolanracin
11-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Good game so far

86T3
11-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I don't have a TV where I'm staying right now so I've been refreshing espn on my phone. I just nearly trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro a brick when I saw Cleveland tied it at 6. My wife is a South sider so she wants the Cubs to lose. I go along because, well, you know.

El Camexican
11-03-2016, 02:12 AM
Well that's the end of that. It was a heck of a game and someone had to lose. Maybe next year.