PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh: broken parts on 200ES brake job - where to source..

bucket
10-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Just installing a new set of brake shoes and cables after trying to stop with my g/f on the back going down a hill haha. Only bought her a month and a half ago so am getting deeper into the mechanicals..

I seem to have stripped the front axle nut while re-installing it (at least I have it on enough to put the cotter pin in) during torquing. This I already suspected would go and ordered one from Honda a while ago (just the nut) but nothing yet. Are there any realiable sources for front axle + nut in case I have buggered both?

And, remove the rear brake adjusting nuts ( BOTH!!) of them stripped the rear half of the thread and they got mangled. Unsure how many decades its been since they were removed.

Hoping for any sources I can find these, especially if they ship to Canadia. Going out hunting in 10 days and its my new best friend in the woods!

AK47KID
10-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Do.it right rhe first time is all I can say. The 200es was only made for 1 year so parts are hard to come by

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bucket
10-06-2016, 12:24 PM
All i was doing was torquing the front axle nut to spec and nowhere near it.. And, removing the adjuster nuts.

Is the front axle bolt compatible with any other models or years, anyone know ?

AK47KID
10-06-2016, 05:28 PM
All i was doing was torquing the front axle nut to spec and nowhere near it.. And, removing the adjuster nuts.

Is the front axle bolt compatible with any other models or years, anyone know ?
Probably. You could find a bolt the right thread

atctim
10-07-2016, 09:34 AM
First of all - 200ES parts are not hard to come by as posted a few posts up. As a matter of fact, the 84 200ES was the largest production run of any other model in ATC history - manufacturing over 200,000 units of that model that year. Not to mention things like the front axle are the same from 82 - 84. Ebay is your best bet for parts for this. there should be at least a dozen front axles on there currently. I am not sure, but assume the front axle is discontinued from Honda. It is unfortunate for my Northern friends in Canada that shipping costs kill you guys on most Ebay purchases from the states. That said - if you have the time and a few bucks - you will be able to source everything for that bike from Ebay - or possibly in the ATV classifieds right here on this site. Cheers!

arlaunch
10-12-2016, 12:28 AM
http://powersportsdiscount.com/oemparts/index

AK47KID
10-12-2016, 10:16 AM
First of all - 200ES parts are not hard to come by as posted a few posts up. As a matter of fact, the 84 200ES was the largest production run of any other model in ATC history - manufacturing over 200,000 units of that model that year. Not to mention things like the front axle are the same from 82 - 84. Ebay is your best bet for parts for this. there should be at least a dozen front axles on there currently. I am not sure, but assume the front axle is discontinued from Honda. It is unfortunate for my Northern friends in Canada that shipping costs kill you guys on most Ebay purchases from the states. That said - if you have the time and a few bucks - you will be able to source everything for that bike from Ebay - or possibly in the ATV classifieds right here on this site. Cheers!
Then why do I see more 200e and 250es models than 200es?

Hefty
10-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Send me a PM, I've got the parts you need.