PDA

View Full Version : Any1 ride in jersey?

Newrider
10-05-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm in South Jersey and I really don't have any places to ride so if anyone can help with a place they ride and really don't get bothered I'd really appreciate it.. I'm limited to the snow and camping trips once or twice a year.. Besides the occasional ripping through the neighborhood :naughty:

TripleOG
10-05-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm in South Jersey and I really don't have any places to ride so if anyone can help with a place they ride and really don't get bothered I'd really appreciate it.. I'm limited to the snow and camping trips once or twice a year.. Besides the occasional ripping through the neighborhood :naughty:

I'm in South Jersey too.. What city are you in?

Newrider
10-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm in Salem county. About an hour or so south of Camden

Newrider
10-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Tripleog were at in South Jersey u at?? S. Jersey is big but all in all NJ is pretty small.. I'm originally from Philly nd Penna is big.. Everything anywhere in jersey is within driving distance

TripleOG
10-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Tripleog were at in South Jersey u at?? S. Jersey is big but all in all NJ is pretty small.. I'm originally from Philly nd Penna is big.. Everything anywhere in jersey is within driving distance

I'm in Pemberton, NJ.. Might be a bit far to venture up this way. And it's not that the cops won't bother you here.. But there are so many woods and trails around me that if they get behind you, it's very easy to ditch them.

Newrider
10-06-2016, 10:17 AM
OK.. trailprotrailpro out by the pines ? I think the only reason I haven't been out there is because I heard cops will wait for you at the truck were u parked knowing u have to come back.. But Pemberton is only an hour away maybe next weekend I'll head out your way.. Maybe u could show me some decent trails

TripleOG
10-06-2016, 01:04 PM
OK.. trailprotrailpro out by the pines ? I think the only reason I haven't been out there is because I heard cops will wait for you at the truck were u parked knowing u have to come back.. But Pemberton is only an hour away maybe next weekend I'll head out your way.. Maybe u could show me some decent trails

I used to ride everyday back in my teenage years.. and I knew the trails well. Yesterday was my first day back in the trails in over 15 years lol. And they have all changed. Or maybe I was just confused because it has been so long. Let me get familiar again so if we go out, we don't end up in damn Atlantic City or something. Once you get into the pines, cell coverage drops. What kinda trike you got?

Newrider
10-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Autox it's a 85 200x frame shocks etc... 200s motor. It's pretty decent I had a 125 when I was a kid so I bought this about 8 months ago for 800 I probly paid to much lol because I have probably another 1200 into it since then but it's been forever since I rode .. But here's a pic.. It's a project 235469 they always come out upside down

TripleOG
10-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Nice.. that thing is clean.

Let me get the lights working on mine again and get a little more familiar with these trails.. then i'll shoot you an invite.

drzdale47
10-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Your in the perfect spot my bestfreind owns bush and sons blueberries in pemberton and owns allot of farmland out there. Chatsworth is the best spot to ride go on google maps and theyres trails everywhere out there

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

drzdale47
10-06-2016, 05:06 PM
I grew up in chatsworth but in the military now i live in va and you can ride all over here and its all legal and cheap. Thats what sucks about jersey, so many places to ride but none are legal unless you have a registered bike you can ride in wharton state forest over by atco raceway

Newrider
10-06-2016, 07:14 PM
Lol yeah my bikes not registered although I would register it if it wasn't such a headache to do so.. I only bought it with a bill of sale ... I'll check out Chatsworth on Google Maps right now.. I have no problem evading the cops I just would rather not deal with it.. Tripleog get used to them trails or I'll get used to the trails ND show u around hahaha

drzdale47
10-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Yeah go to chatsworth pit the closed down one its massive

TripleOG
10-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Lol yeah my bikes not registered although I would register it if it wasn't such a headache to do so.. I only bought it with a bill of sale ... I'll check out Chatsworth on Google Maps right now.. I have no problem evading the cops I just would rather not deal with it.. Tripleog get used to them trails or I'll get used to the trails ND show u around hahaha

Like drzdale47 said.. There are trails everywhere out here. If you get on the wrong one, you could start in Pemberton.. and end up in either Atlantic City, Jackson or down in Salem County somewhere. lol. These trails lead everywhere and go forever. I don't trust my trike too far just yet. First day riding I kept it within a 1 mile radius of my house. Today I went out and ventured further, not much though.. maybe 2-2.5 mile radius. Today I brought tools with me though. Towards the end of my ride, I did turn around and notice a lot of blue smoke. Which I'm reading could be valves or rings. I can't remember if it was doing that 18 years ago or not. But is definitely nowhere near the condition of yours. I got this trike for free because it was not running and beat to hell. I did what I needed just to get it running, nothing more nothing less. So, I'm not too confident venturing out too too far. I've just been ripping up the residential streets and hitting a few small trails.

Newrider
10-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Lol looks can be deceiving I finally got mine running to were I want it but little problems arise and this site is the only thing that helps me I had oil leaking out were my pulse generator is so I pulled it all off and there is a rubber washer with a spring looking metal washer that seats in the rubber and that was separated causing oil to get by so I re seated it and I hope I fixed that problem.. I'm still getting smoke after I had a new piston and rings put in.. I know I need to adjust my valves but I cant get these damn bolts off the valve cover bolts are seized real good I can here them tapping so I'm thinking maybe that might be causing my smoke but it only smokes sometimes usually at start up and then periodically..

Newrider
10-07-2016, 07:44 AM
235491 this is what it looked like 8 months ago and it ran but smoked so bad I couldn't ride it painted plastic I stripped two flats bent axle brakes didn't work and a whole lot more little stuff lol slowly but surely

Newrider
10-07-2016, 07:47 AM
And not to mention the header had 3 holes were it leaked so I replaced it.. It was an impulse buy cause I wanted a trike so bad I did no research and bought the first one I came across but it turned into a great little hobby for me

Newrider
10-07-2016, 09:33 AM
I'll tell ya my biggest mistake was trying to make it look nice before I had it in mint running condition

TripleOG
10-07-2016, 04:14 PM
235491 this is what it looked like 8 months ago and it ran but smoked so bad I couldn't ride it painted plastic I stripped two flats bent axle brakes didn't work and a whole lot more little stuff lol slowly but surely

Just off a quick glance.. It look like that chain and sprockets could use replacing. Did you do that in the past 8 months?

Newrider
10-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Hell yeah that was the first thing I did.. It seamed like the easiest thing to do then I moved to bearings then brakes then I had my piston and rings done so while the motor was away I painted it then tires exhaust ND probly alot I'm forgetting little things.. If I had it to do over I'd completely strip it and have it powder coated. I still might.. But I want it for the snow this year��

Newrider
10-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Oh and the pull start was a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro it took me a month to completely figure out lol I kept loosing peices

TripleOG
10-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Hell yeah that was the first thing I did.. It seamed like the easiest thing to do then I moved to bearings then brakes then I had my piston and rings done so while the motor was away I painted it then tires exhaust ND probly alot I'm forgetting little things.. If I had it to do over I'd completely strip it and have it powder coated. I still might.. But I want it for the snow this year��

Yea I definitely want mine for the snow this year.. I just went out today and got some paint stripper to get all this spray paint off the original plastic. Then I'm going to dip it. Should be looking quite nice by monday. I was thinking on putting a fresh piece of vinyl on the seat, but now I'm thinking I might just gurilla tape it.

Newrider
10-08-2016, 12:39 PM
I went through the same thing bro... I didn't wanna mess the plastic up so I didn't go the stripper rought I sanded it all down.. A long and hard process then picked up some plastic adhesive spray, put a couple coats on then went over them with a rustoleum paint for plastic ND just matched the color up.. Came out good.. I don't even have the 200x plastics I'm pretty sure there 200s plastics but they work for now till I can afford new plastic.. But post a pic when trailprotrailpro done I'd love to see it!!!

TripleOG
10-08-2016, 10:00 PM
I went through the same thing bro... I didn't wanna mess the plastic up so I didn't go the stripper rought I sanded it all down.. A long and hard process then picked up some plastic adhesive spray, put a couple coats on then went over them with a rustoleum paint for plastic ND just matched the color up.. Came out good.. I don't even have the 200x plastics I'm pretty sure there 200s plastics but they work for now till I can afford new plastic.. But post a pic when trailprotrailpro done I'd love to see it!!!

I did a little research, this guy used permatex paint stripper.. sprayed it on and let it sit for like 3 minutes. Then he sprayed it off with a hose. Had it looking OEM inside of 5 minutes. I'm gonna do the same except I'll be using a pressure washer. I already stood over it with a pressure washer for about 15min and got maybe 30% of the paint off the rear fender. Too long. So I'll be trying this method next nice day we get (it rained all day today).

I'll take some before and after pics. It looks pretty damn hideous right now. But I plan on going all flat black with flat red around the edges. Flat red on the rims. Then eventually I'd like to take the exhaust pipe off, sand it down and make that flat black as well.

Newrider
10-08-2016, 11:38 PM
That exhaust gets hot.. Even the engine enamel will bubble ND that's high temp paint.. I power washed my engine and painted it as well seems to be holding up well. Be careful pulling exhaust headerr u never know how trailprotrailpro exhaust studs are ..yeah it was miserable all day today if ups didn't screw me ND send my exhaust gasket back to fla I was gonna check the trails out down trailprotrailpro way next Sunday I still might depends on the mail man.. I'll find a trail ND stay close I'll take heed don't wanna get lost just yet lol

TripleOG
10-09-2016, 01:36 AM
That exhaust gets hot.. Even the engine enamel will bubble ND that's high temp paint.. I power washed my engine and painted it as well seems to be holding up well. Be careful pulling exhaust headerr u never know how trailprotrailpro exhaust studs are ..yeah it was miserable all day today if ups didn't screw me ND send my exhaust gasket back to fla I was gonna check the trails out down trailprotrailpro way next Sunday I still might depends on the mail man.. I'll find a trail ND stay close I'll take heed don't wanna get lost just yet lol

I might be able to ride out with you next sunday.. depending on what this weather's doing. It rained again all day today too. Just gotta be cafeful out around my way. Lots of hunters out there.

For the exhaust, I ended up going with Rustoleum High Heat. I heard to stay away from engine enamel and even powder coating as they will melt and bubble. And read that most other (DHT Flame Proof) high temp paints and ceramic paints will chip away or just burn off all together. But I've heard nothing but good things about Rustoleum High Heat.

Trust me, the thought has ran through my head about the exhaust bolts and gasket. I've even thought about sanding and spraying without even taking it off. Would look ghetto compared to what it could look like if I take it off, but would look way better than it does now. I dunno. Picked up a can at Home Depot for 3 n some change.. might not use it IDK.

What speed does your trike top out at?

Newrider
10-09-2016, 07:53 AM
I never really gaged it I'd say if I had to guess 45 or 50mph maybe ???if need be then paint it on the trike just be careful and use some cardboard as a backing.. U got lucky it's raining again today I guess it's the hurricane left overs.. I didn't really think about the hunters, they probably hate people riding since they are allowed to be there and we're not lol