PDA

View Full Version : 200x piston identification help.

fort9erfan
10-08-2016, 03:14 AM
Hey all, Im rebuilding a 200x I picked up few weeks ago. The previous owner said it smoked when he got it in a trade so he parked it and never really rode it. When i pulled apart the top end the cylinder looked really clean, possibly recently honed. The gaskets looked fairly new only issue was piston looked lil rough on the skirt but looked to have new rings. Only markings on the piston i could find were "PROX 011268" I've been trying to find some info on this piston to see if the cylinder has been bored over or anything as I dont have the correct measuring tool to tell but can't find anything.

If someone has any info on this item or a good source to find out it would be appreciated. The pro x site didnt tell me anything.:(

Thanks in advance.

John Tice
10-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Prox pistons & accessories is part of the PMI group. PMI = Performance Motorsports International. The PMI group owns JE Pistons, Wiesco Pistons & the ProX product line. Any cycle dealer should have a ProX catalog in their catalog rack.

John Tice
503-593-2908 Alternate 541-508-3944
www.smallenginemachineworks.com & www.nwsleeve.com
Turning Custom Cylinder Sleeves Since 1971
http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/49513-How-It-s-Done-Projects-around-the-Shop.com