PDA

View Full Version : Honda atc 200 questions!!!

Honda2
10-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone. My name is Jon and I recently inherited a Honda 3 wheeler from a family member and know very little about it. I like to ride but never owned any 3 wheelers so I was curious to learn as much as I could about this trike. I believe it to be a 1982 Honda atc 200?? But I'm just going off what my uncle said. I will attach pictures if that would help? He kept it in the garage and rode it around the yard in the summer from time to time. It fired right up first pull and seems to run pretty good. The plastics don't have any cracks and seems to be in good condition over all. I was wondering if parts are easy to come by? Cheap? Basically if it would be easy to fix and restore. I'm also curious of its value as it sits? I would like to get the seat cover replaced and give it a nice tune up and see what it can do :) thanks for ANY info! Jon 235543

Honda2
10-08-2016, 04:10 PM
235545:TrikesOwn

Honda2
10-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Any ideas on this trike? :)

shortline10
10-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Looks like a 1982 regular Atc200 to me . Looks in good condition, congrats:)

Honda2
10-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Thanks! I def look forward to fixing it up and riding!

Honda2
10-11-2016, 05:16 AM
Bump
Bump :)

Mackus84
10-11-2016, 09:07 AM
As shortline said, looks like a regular atc 200. Alot of parts should be fairly cheap on ebay dpending on what it is. I usually use the parts fiche on servicehonda.com for my make and model and find the part i am looking for and it will well you if that part is still available through honda, or obsolete. The parts still available are easily found by googling the part number, or on ebay. The obsolete parts can almost always be found on ebay by searching the part numbers as well, all are relatively cheap unless its a hard to find part. Overall I would say for a 35 year old machine yours looks in pretty clean condition. Location effects value alot, but in my area I'd say it would probably bring 600-800 if you replaed the seat cover. Hope this answers your question. And welcome to the forum. Oh btw, on this sites homepage, look around and youll find a vin decoder link. Find your VIN on the steering neck and enter it in and it should tell you exactly what it is

Herboso
10-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Welcome! I only recently got into three wheelers. I grew up riding dirt bikes and kinda turned my nose up to three wheelers. Im older now and started looking for a quad to ride around on my little farm. I didnt want to pay quite as much $$$$ as they want for quads so started looking at three wheelers. I picked up a 200S (similar to yours--the 200S is a sportier version basically) in good shape and running condition for just $400. Im hooked now. Three wheelers are a lot of fun to ride and tinker with. They are a little tippy. You got to be smart with them but I think they got a bad rap back in the day. I have not had a problem finding parts. Ebay is a good source for parts as well as some of the internet motorcycle parts outfits. One of the first things I did with my 200S was recover the seat. You can find pre made covers on ebay for your exact model for about $30. Just have to remove old cover and staple the new one on. Old three wheelers generally are not worth a heck of a lot. Some models are worth more but for me the real value in three wheelers is they are just a lot of fun and not very expensive.

schlepp29
10-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Your local Atv dealer or parts shop can still provide you with alot, mainly your consumables like cables and brake pads. Very easy to keep these machines running

Honda2
10-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Thanks a lot for the information! I did find a few seat covers on eBay and plan on ordering one this week. I did get a chance to ride it around yesterday and will def have to get some new rear brakes. Also I noticed that the trike seems to pull to the right slightly. I did a little research on this site and the most common answer I saw was differing rear tire pressure? I'm going to start there I guess and go from there. Any other common issues causing this? Thanks again everyone!

TwiZ
10-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Check and make sure the rear axle is not off. Sometimes when tightening the chain one side pulles over a little. Check rear bearings too. If bad enough when tightening chain it can cock it too,but have to be pretty bad. Sleazebay has all brakes n bearings,seals,enginegaskets,pistons n rings. Definatly in nice shape, its worth 6-800 with seat cover here in Pa. as well. Nice score

Honda2
10-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Alright thanks! I'll have to pull her out this weekend and check it out. I'll keep ya posted!

Honda2
10-17-2016, 08:11 AM
i had to add air to the right rear tire and that definitely corrected the slight pull I was experiencing. I did notice yesterday that when I get into higher gear or give it a lot of throttle it wants to bog down and seems like it's starving for fuel maybe? It seems to idle pretty well so I'm not sure if I should mess with the screw on the carb at all or would you recommend just buying the carb rebuild kit and doing that right away? It was sitting for a little while before I got it so I'm thinking maybe the gas is bad and clogged everything up? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

TwiZ
10-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Definatly clean the tank and use fresh fuel,maybe even a lil seafoam. Drain the carb. Its the screw on the very bottom of carb on right side with ahose or lil nipple just below it. Take tank off empty/clean tank,drain carb with that screw. I like to catch the fuel in a lil jar so i can see whats in it. Put clean fuel in and turn petcock on and check flow. Put tank back on hook up fuel line and let carb fill up,then drain again,install new spark plug and try that. Make sure air cleaner is clean. If it still does it then get a rebuild. Just remember its a old bike and clutches could be a little weak. Try keepin the Rs up a lil more

Herboso
10-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Something that happened to me with one of my 200S's was when I first got it, it would run well for about 5-10 minutes and then bog down and die. After a few minutes it could run again. I figured out the gas cap was not breathing, creating a vacuum in the tank and preventing fuel from freely flowing. I tried cleaning the cap but ultimately had to get a new cap and problem was solved. Does not sound like your problem but someting to check or consider.

Honda2
10-18-2016, 06:55 PM
thanks for the recommendations! I'm going to try a few things suggested and go from there!