PDA

View Full Version : 250es won't idle and misses out when running

Logan2015
10-09-2016, 01:19 PM
disassembled my carb cleaned it in varsol put everything back in, I am now able to run without a choke but I still can not let the motor idle or it dies and when driving it misses out. Carb is super clean, air filter looks good, Spark plug is decent condition. The adjustment screw really only seems to affect anything when I have it fully choked. Have a bit of slack in my throttle cable would that affect my idle enough to let it die on me? ANyone have ideas of what else to mess with to fix my issues above?

AK47KID
10-09-2016, 02:08 PM
disassembled my carb cleaned it in varsol put everything back in, I am now able to run without a choke but I still can not let the motor idle or it dies and when driving it misses out. Carb is super clean, air filter looks good, Spark plug is decent condition. The adjustment screw really only seems to affect anything when I have it fully choked. Have a bit of slack in my throttle cable would that affect my idle enough to let it die on me? ANyone have ideas of what else to mess with to fix my issues above?
Check timing sound like it's out. . And also do a compression test. Also ride it around and post a pic of the plug

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bearkat
10-20-2016, 10:58 PM
I had simular problem. Change carbs twice, cleaned many times. It would idle good but choke out at 1/4 throttle. Worked on it for months
Finally figured out dirt Dobbers built about 5 nest in the air intake up by the handle bars. On my 200m the intake hose ties into the frame of the bike and runs to the handle bars with 2 small holes for air to enter. Might see if you having same problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jts trikes
10-21-2016, 07:07 PM
You might double check the sediment bowl on the fuel petcock. And make sure the tank vent is working :)

acribb09
10-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and I am still trying to figure all of this out. ( This is definitely the most confusing forum I've ever been on.) I don't know how to find the thread for my issue. I recently acquired a 1985 Honda big red and it is not getting spark, I have replaced the following : spark plug, cdi, ignition coil, kill switch, and I believe that's it. Does anyone have any advice for me? Please help!

deejaycee_2000
10-25-2016, 02:56 AM
Make sure it is in neutral and that your ignition switch is properly working, we need more info, but start at the basics, is your battery good?, does your green neutral light come on? .... if all of that works your next step would be to look at your stator ...

acribb09
10-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Ok so last night I went over it really well. My battery is good, yes my neutral light comes on along with the headlight and tail lights. I discovered that it was my pickup coil. Now the issue is getting a new one. I have found two on the internet but the one that is on my 3 wheeler seems to look different, like they've improved them or something. The ones that I have found have what looks like a connection on top and mine doesn't have that. My wires are soldered on and the one you can buy isn't like that.

deejaycee_2000
10-26-2016, 03:30 AM

http://www.2040-parts.com/85-honda-atc250es-pulse-coil-pulser-pickup-pick-up-generator-i577917/

acribb09
10-30-2016, 02:01 AM
I can imagine that is a reliable website. Have you ever ordered from there before?

deejaycee_2000
10-31-2016, 05:50 AM
I have never ordered from there no, but I would imagine a scammer would most def sell something different if it was not legit.

acribb09
11-01-2016, 12:24 AM
That's kind of what I was thinking too. Thanks for all the help! Now can you tell me where to post something where a lot of people will see it? I'm looking for an exhaust and was wanting to know if someone had one for sell.

TwiZ
11-01-2016, 12:58 AM
I see the coin thats in the pic on ebay all the time,junkboy i think it is. Seem like his stuff is waaaay overpriced,wanting like $15 for a couple mounting bolts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-HONDA-ATC250ES-PULSE-GENERATOR-MOUNTING-SCREWS-/400582807983?hash=item5d449891af:g:TysAAOxyhTFSTHt T&vxp=mtr

Not sayin he is shady,just used stuff thats super overpriced,and the one in the pic lookes used as well