PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my new trikes 84 200x 83 250r

707boyz
10-13-2016, 05:17 AM
Hello I recently bought a 200x it starts fine runs good from what I can tell,but when down shifting to 1st gear it doesn't seem to down shift through the the gears unless I'm driving.
When I'm stopped it seems see like I just keep pressing down and it doesn't stop and get hard to let me know I'm in 1st gear.
I'm wondering if it has to do with my clutch. I think my cable has to much slack, but I'm not sure if the clutch needs replaced.
I also recently bought a 83 250r as well starts first kick seems to run good but rear brakes don't work and front piston I thing is seized. I also think the clutch might need adjusted.
The gears stop when I trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to first, and go through while stopped. I just had to adjust cable because clutch was all the way out,but it's almost all the way out. I was also wondering what's a good full exhaust system for the 83 250r, I could only find one brand DG.
I just want to get these tuned and reliable, I was wondering what's is a good few things to do or replace when getting a ATC.
Thanks any help will be much appreciated

TwiZ
10-13-2016, 06:09 AM
Try rocking gently back and forth when shifting. Sounds like ya need a new clutch cable.....welcome to the board

707boyz
10-13-2016, 04:03 PM
Cool thanks I will. I'm gonna try and buy new clutch cable today. Any recommendations on good place to order one

TwiZ
10-14-2016, 04:51 AM
No problem. Check with your local honda shop. Look around on the net,partzilla,bike bandit,sleazebay ect. I know my local honda shop will price match,cant hurt to ask