PDA

View Full Version : 85 Honda atc 125m won't idle

SHuculak
10-14-2016, 01:07 AM
I have a 125 that won't idle it will either rev really high or it will idle super low and die. I have cleaned the carb twice and no difference. Is it the jets? Do I need to tune my carb? Is it something to do with the engine? My throttle Cable isn't to tight and I have tried adjusting it at the needle but no luck. Please help, thanks.

TwiZ
10-14-2016, 05:01 AM
Did you check for smooth operation of the carb slide? Could be sticking. Make sure cable isnt hanging up. Check for intake leaks. Spray start fluid carb cleaner brake fluid something like that all aroind the flange surfaces where carb and intake bolt together. Did you try a rebuild kit? If slide,cable and intake are good its the pilot jet part of the carb and is dirty. You can find something like a torch tip cleaner to clean it out with. Soak it really good in carb cleaner use the little cleaner thingy and spray in pilot jet area again then use compressed air. Also check your slide. It may have a divot from someone turning the idle screw. Take a small file or emery cloth and gently try and smooth it out. Any time i turn the idle screw in i lightly push thumb throttle in then turn it to keep the divot from forming. Hope this helps

deejaycee_2000
10-14-2016, 08:52 AM
I would start at resetting your carb to the standard factory settings as per the manual, air fuel mix screw and slide needle pin .... a dirty jet can cause this ..... make sure all the little jet holes are clear (a bottom steel guitar string works well) ....

SHuculak
10-18-2016, 01:03 AM
ok i will try when i have time and let you know, thanks