PDA

View Full Version : mukini starter (choke) cable interchange ?

goodoldad
10-21-2016, 12:11 PM
I have a '85 Yamaha 225DX. The end of the cable that attaches to the plunger inside carb broke off. I was able to remove plunger using heat & acetone/atf mixture. It now moves freely, but I hate to have to pay $45/$55 for that cable.
Are all the cables the same on the carb end? Do they have to be a certain one to make the starter (choke) function operate due to length extended beyond housing? I'm hoping a newer atv has a functional useage cable that is more reasonablely priced?

TwiZ
10-21-2016, 01:23 PM
I have one off of a suzuki LT230E. Measure the length and take a pic of both ends. If it will work you can have it. I put a 200x carb on it and dont need it anymore. Just mail me the packaging pre paid with your address on it and ill drop it in the mail for ya

HamboneKS
10-21-2016, 03:36 PM
did the cable break or did the little metal bead just come off?

goodoldad
10-23-2016, 02:51 PM
bead came off attempting plunger removal..... did finally get it out with a mixture of acetone & automatic transmission fluid (50/50 mixture) and heat. The mixture works FAR Far better than any commercial product. Heat did the final trick after it was loosened up and moving with the mixture.

Actually cable is destroyed due to my replacing gas line with a 1/4" tubing...... found out the size is in milimeters after it came off in brush. From not using it after that it froze plunger up.

TwiZ
10-24-2016, 05:42 AM
Pics?length? Pretty sure it will work,length is important

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk