PDA

View Full Version : 1983 clutch upgrade?

seth6025
10-27-2016, 07:32 AM
Hi my clutch is making a weird noise when I first engage it in first gear. Before I get into it I was wondering if there is a better upgrade for it. I have done some google searches and see there is a upgrade for the 85-86 models but not finding much info on the 83's. Anyone know if there is one that will fit and give me a better feeling clutch? Mine is stiff as hell right now and I have a new lever and cable on order.

yaegerb
10-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Hi my clutch is making a weird noise when I first engage it in first gear. Before I get into it I was wondering if there is a better upgrade for it. I have done some google searches and see there is a upgrade for the 85-86 models but not finding much info on the 83's. Anyone know if there is one that will fit and give me a better feeling clutch? Mine is stiff as hell right now and I have a new lever and cable on order.

I would pull it apart, mic the fibers and steel's and then check the basket and hub for grooving. You can still buy the plates and you can file your basket for longer life.