PDA

View Full Version : My first TRI-Z

Nite302
10-29-2016, 11:17 PM
Hey guys this is my first post to 3ww. I am fairly new to 3 wheelers, I've owned an 84 200m for a while and I just recently picked up an 85 tri-z 250. I took it in on trade, only which I only had about 200 bucks into. Its in pretty decent shape I'd say for the year. 236352 I got it knowing it needs a crank rebuild, I've since torn it down and found the cylinder needs to be bored or replaced. I have it down the frame and plan on reconditioning everything I can. If you guys wouldn't mind giving me the run down on these things.. i know they have problems with the fuel pump and water pump. Any advice you can give me on rebuilding these things like what kits I should get and what to avoid. I've only been able to find rebuildable crankshaft kits online. Are these any good? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks! :TrikesOwn

jonolanracin
10-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Ive never had any trouble at all with the tri z fuel pumps and even had the original pump on mine that we race now with no issues . the waterpump impellars are know for coming unglued after years but the new oem are not expensive so whenever you rebuild just put a new 1 in. And i highly suggest using oem crank bearings and seals and just find a good reputable machine shop to rebuikd your crank and you should be ready to ride . welcome and enjoy the tri z they are great bikes

Nite302
10-29-2016, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did plan on going oem with the bearings and seals however I forgot to say that the rod does still spin but it is very stiff and havent been able to locate an oem crank or ANY crank for that matter. I have rebuilt motors before and plan on doing this myself. Are the crank rebuild kits trustworthy?

jonolanracin
10-30-2016, 11:28 AM
The hot rod kits is good just make sure you get a good shop to install it