PDA

View Full Version : 200X Front Brake Master Cylinder Replacement

Herboso
11-07-2016, 10:40 PM
I bought a rebuild kit for my front master cylinder but when I went to work on it I discovered the fluid cup is junk. The only replacement cup I could find is $45. Looking on ebay I see there are brand new complete lever and master cylinder units for half that. Anyone have experience with these or have suggestions?

x-rider
11-07-2016, 10:54 PM
I bought a cheepo. Seems just fine. No miles on it yet though.

Herboso
11-07-2016, 10:59 PM

I'm thinking I will go that route. Wish I hadn't bought the rebuild kit.

Herboso
11-07-2016, 11:04 PM

Did you buy the one that has the brake light connections on it? If so, are those removeable or do you just leave them unconnected?

86125m
11-07-2016, 11:15 PM
I bought the one with the brake light connection, and yes it is removable however I just left mine on there unconnected. I had mine on my bike for around two years and have had zero trouble with it. Honestly I think its a tad bit better built than the original one.

Shep1970
11-08-2016, 12:01 AM
I bought the one with the brake light connection, and yes it is removable however I just left mine on there unconnected. I had mine on my bike for around two years and have had zero trouble with it. Honestly I think its a tad bit better built than the original one.

Hello, is the sight glass in yours fogging up or getting soft yet? I know its an odd question but im not sure which way to go either, nissin(honda) one or china one. But i suppose i could buy 4 china masters over time for the price of one oem. Thnx

Posted this an hour later
I think im going with a nissin oem one, there more $ but i figure i,ll get another 30yrs out of it. Holy poo i'd be 76.... Hope im still here. Anyways thnx