PDA

View Full Version : Finding TDC on 1984 honda atc 200m? help please

Wandy67
11-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Hi guys, I want to set my valve clearance on the trike. the 200s model is both 0.002 in. for the exhaust and intake. So im assuming its the same for the 200m
( I dont really have internet, it barley works and never can open up a pfd reader manual for specs)

ok for tdc, you want the valves to be closed and the T mark should be lined up through the timing hole. and your marks on the pulse coil and rotor should be slightly off. I herd that theirs a line of the engine to line up that t mark ?( can I do all this with my pull start assembly still attached ? ) I cant see any line through my timing hole to line the t mark up with? I just find the F mark, line my rotor and pulser coil lines up, then slowly pull the pull start till it goes to the T mark, also i should mention my advance return springs , one is broken and missing, ( when i first took the cdi cover off, their were metal shaving and a broken spring.) My bike starts up first try. but always fouling plugs.) So I have to hold the advance open or closed with my hand to get it at tdc or it just flies right by it. Does it have to be exact at tdc? like can move a degree left or right?

I Know I have to get those springs working fulling again to make sure that my advance is opening and closing the weights properly, I dont even know it starts. I just noticed this the other day and have not been running the trike since. When I think I'm at tdc, with the valve caps off, their is no clearance or lash whats so ever in the valves.

thanks so much for any help/advice and to any one willing to read this