PDA

View Full Version : first honda 3 wheeler question ?

joel93
11-13-2016, 07:55 PM
hey guys picked up my first 3 wheeler shes pretty rough its a 85 250sx it didn't run when i got it guy said it needed a stator and the shift lever stop bolt replaced because they snapped it off so i went and checked it out got there and he had another stator for it and the original one as well so i paid the guy and brought it home i was able to easy out the bolt in about 5 minutes and fabed a new stopper peg up. i went through and tested the old stator and pick up coil and everything ohmed out fine but he had given me another pick up coil which had a better resistance reading so i used that one then loosened the motor up so i could get the stator cover back on (previous owner tried forcing it over the frame and broke original cover ) got it all together and it had spark so i took apart the carb and it looked like they had ran it without a filter for awhile ! got it installed changed the oil filter put some oil in it and fired her up she ended up starting on the 3rd kick ! doesnt smoke a bit was pretty amazed got the idle set then went to change the final drive fluid and it was pure chocolate water got that mess all cleaned out put fresh fluid in that took it for a couple rides around the house runs great ! shifts good only thing i noticed is the shift lever is a little sticky seemed to get better the more i road it though. the one issue i am having with it is i went to try reverse and it wouldn't go down to go in ? could i have possibly put the shift lever back in wrong ? any info greatly appreciated !

HamboneKS
11-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Well, there are probably plenty of guys on here who know, but I think it's the same as a big red 250es...

Follow the reverse assist cable from the left/rear break handle down to the right side of the motor. It's connected to a little arm right behind the foot break lever. If the cable is bad, maybe it's not getting that lever all the way up, which allows the shifter to go down past neutral and engage reverse.

joel93
11-13-2016, 09:34 PM
Hey thanks for replying I believe it's the same as the es and I read about that cable and I thought it said 86 and up I could be wrong not sure I'd have to look at the side of case to see if it's there

xXx_JonJon69xXx
11-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Hey My Douds I BOt A neew wheler ToDaY ! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD lmao iMM sso ERRAndommmm.... Irs thed FAstESer 11 iN THe Worlfdds111!11!!

Ists a Tri ZInger 50!! :Bounce:Bounce