PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Honda 200 atc

Brandon2424
11-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Hey all

I just recently came across a deal on my very first 3wheeler I got it for $100 it does need work but it does run! Things it needs are a seat,an air box,and recoil starter,and new shifter(the original is broke ) but can shift it with vice grips!

Now the thing is I can wrap a pull rope around the pully and pull it but it doesn't start up its not hard to pull start or anything but my brother showed me if you manually hold the compression lever halfway it will crank or you can push start it and it will crank! Any ideas on what this is or why it cranks when push started but not pull start? Oh I do have to clean original gas tank and patch small whole as of right now I have a homemade gas tank hooked up lol.. Can please if have any ideas or anything I could do to fix this I'm so ready to get it going the right way its my very first trike and I've always wanted one I'm used to dirt bikes and 4wheelers

Thanks in advance

Brandon2424
11-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Can anyone help please?

Herboso
11-27-2016, 08:47 PM
I don't fully understand what you are describing. You said it needs a new pull starter. Just a new pull rope or does it need the whole mechanism and cover? Close up pictures might help.

350for350
11-27-2016, 09:00 PM
Does it run? You said that you can use a rope on the pulley, and it won't start. Then you said you can get it to crank by push starting it or holding the decompression lever halfway open. Does it turn the engine over with the rope? These are some of the things that you need to clarify in order for us to help you. I can tell you that if you're trying to use your gas can like it sits in the second picture, it will never run. These are gravity fed fuel systems. There's no suction on the gas at all.

Shep1970
11-27-2016, 09:25 PM
Just a thought but i'm assuming your just wrapping rope around the pullstart cage?
And if so are u sure your wrapping it in the right direction, so the motor spins correctly?
Assuming it will spin both directions.
Yup- you've gotta do something about your tank too.
Oh, and welcome to the site.

Brandon2424
11-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Thanks! But yes I know about the gas can like that I strap it down up top and the gas flows down to it. I can push start it to crank it and it does start but I don't have an air box or anything so I don't ride it I don't want things to suck in carb or anything! But yes I just wrap the rope around the pully cage I need the whole mechanism cover and all but it only gets spark if you spin it the right way I found that out lol but anyways if I just use the pull rope it will not crank I have to have somebody hold the decompression lever half way back while I pull the rope for it to start up! Like I said it runs I just haven't run it long because the air box is gone and I don't have a proper gas tank till I patch this whole in mine ! I actually think it needs the petcock valve on the gas tank because its gone it just has a hose coming out the bottom I'll get more pics tomorrow some close ups! I'll even try to get a video of it running

Brandon2424
11-28-2016, 01:35 AM
Yes just wrapping around the pully cage and I figured it out the hard way it only gets spark if you pull it the right way lol..

350for350
11-28-2016, 11:03 PM
It probably doesn't run too well with no air box. It's lean. You need to put an airbox back on asap.