PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice restoring honda atc 250es

hparr08
12-01-2016, 11:35 AM
My parents have an 85 Honda atc 250es that I would love to get running great again. It has been sitting for years now and I have some spare time to work on it now. Any advice on what to do would be great! I know in the pictures the front wheel is missing. I have it and need to replace the tire. I am a little worried about the carburetor and I know I really need to drain/replace all fluids and replace all filters. Are there any sites I can buy new parts from? Anything will help.

sawgrass
12-01-2016, 12:20 PM
There are several sources for new parts such as Partzilla. http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/ATV/1985/ATC250ES+A/parts.html

Many parts are not available "new" but good used parts can be found on eBay. I would recommend getting a carb rebuild kit if your carb is rebuildable. Good luck with your project. The 250es is great machine.

scubadiver
12-01-2016, 02:09 PM
I'd definitely put a carb kit in it, and do all the fluids, check electrics, and you should be good to go :)

Big G
12-01-2016, 02:21 PM
That's what I call a barn find! Hopefully there's no rust in the tank. If there is the vinegar treatment will fix that. Also check your fuel tank petcock filters as they'll likely need some attention.

HoldMyBeer
12-01-2016, 07:24 PM
I got one back in service not long ago. Fluids, filters and carb rebuild. I got a plastic tank off eBay and haven't had any trouble. New rings and honed it with a drill, nothing fancy. Those things are tanks. I bought mine for a 5th of whiskey and then spent very little to get it running