PDA

View Full Version : Terrapro owner needs help.

Aurelius
12-16-2016, 11:05 PM

Hello Lords and Ladies:

I inherited an '88 Quad (yes, I know I'm on the wrong site) Terrapro with a PTO from my father, who was a 38 year FD veteran who kept her shiny and new. Yammy is pretty and she has so many layers of wax when I take her out to blow snow it doesn't even stick to her. Here's my problem: I ran her all winter last year, and I know that she was maintained like a fire truck until December 4, 2014 when my father passed away. I want to keep her "Blowing snow like a sonofa "*****" until she's 50. I'm not a bike/trike kind of guy though. I don't even know simple things like how to figure out if I should screw the dip stick all the way in to get a reading on oil. My car experience tells me no, but I'm running a 350cc.... I see it as less than a half litre and I'm used to cars, and I really don't want to break this machine. I have never lived on a farm and I need help maintaining the PTO. This machine is a ride with my Dad. My mother sold his beautiful truck, his perfect bike, and she's throwing his lawnmower in with the house. I have Yammy parked in my little garage, and my wife bitches about not being able to park her crappy car in there because I have a "toy" in there. It's an ATV emergency, folks...

Aurelius
12-16-2016, 11:07 PM
Oh and a guy that is going out with an ex of mine made that pic of her. I posted it on FB and he made a meme... i thought it would be cool on here.237795

There's a pic of the model of my blower.

fabiodriven
12-17-2016, 02:34 AM
Well for starters no, you do not screw the dipstick in to check the oil. You remove it, wipe it, then dip it back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yaegerb
12-17-2016, 10:17 AM
Obtaining a manual and reading it cover to cover will help you immensely.

coolpool
12-17-2016, 11:50 AM
Nice looking terra. I suspect your Dad has the manual somewhere by the looks of how he kept his iron looking. If you can't find it keep searching eBay or join a Yamaha ATV forum and ask around. I always wondered why the PTO equipped ATV's never took off; especially on the diesel model Polaris made many years ago.This is the only model that had it that I know of.

TrickShot
12-17-2016, 12:35 PM
This Terrapro is listed 5mins from me, for $1700. I want to get it for mowing my lawns steep side hill, but funds don't allow because spent too much on xmas already....