PDA

View Full Version : What's this broken thing?

Mike Eyre
12-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Was just looking through the pics in other forums here and saw this thing, which I realize is broken on my bike too.. what's the purpose of it?

HairyJR
12-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Can't tell what the object is in your pic sticking through the hole, but that hole has been used more commonly for mounting accessory / aftermarket towing hitch. The object looks like a large split pin.

"HJ" 237944 :beer

Jwheeler
12-22-2016, 03:00 PM
Hey Hairy is that one those rare Bandito Frames ? The arrow is pointing at a broken tail-hook ! :beer

Mike Eyre
12-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Thats not my machine in that picture, I just swiped that from the internet when I saw it and realized my bearing carrier has the same tube/pin thing sticking out of it and that the cast in aluminum piece that holds it in is also broken. Basically, it's there, broken, but doesn't do any thing that I recognize? I'm wondering what that whole pin/tube thing is and why is it on my machine?

HairyJR
12-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Got to love the internet, at the company I worked at the training department had a saying "CASE" copy and steal everything, that way a lesson plan didn't start from scratch. Look without better pic's can't tell what your object is. The boss your speaking of isn't needed and I've seen some people even cut them off. Don't know Honda's real reason behind having it but could be just as simple as a pin mounting location for the original machining process, it's been there since the first US90.

"HJ" 237974 :beer