PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroked Canuck

chaosboy
12-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Greetings from Manitoba Canada fellow 3 wheeled wizards!
It's wicked to find a place like this especially since the time has come again for me to get back in the saddle again!
I haven't owned a machine for quite some time ( life can screw plans up ) but I knew if I waited long enough, I'd find my 3 wheels again. I got into the 3 wheeled scene after they stopped production and my 1st ride was an '84 250r. It sucked for bottom end and top end ( 60mph if I was lucky ) I called it a 200r for that reason! lol! It did make for a good learning machine, though. Threw a different '84 motor in it after 6 months or so and for about 5 days, I had one of the raunchiest 84's around ( front wheel up in 4th! ) but being the rookie no nothing about hot summer days and air cooled engines the 5th day came and I melted the top end. My buddy who had swapped the engines was more upset than I was! He put the original pansy motor back in, did some cosmetic work to it and made me sell it! lol! ( We got the same $$ that I paid for it! ) About a month later I found an '85 Tri-Z ( in near show room condition ) We tested it and my guru gave my the ok. It had low profile " turf tamers " on the rear and it the gearing was totally set up for bottom end. I ran out of gear so fast that when we drag raced I was at top speed by half track!! The trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro heat seized on me a few times, so I had the top end done and I remember the mechanic saying that the cylinder was bored to the max and it next time it would have to be sleeved. It wasn't much better and I got rid of it not long after that ( it sold on it's appearance alone ) It wasn't until years later that I figured out that the cooling system probably just wasn't adequate to cool an engine that was bored out that big ( that's just my conclusion ) The last ride I owned was what I should have got right from the getgo...an '85 250r. she wasn't pretty, but she could buck like a rodeo horse. I just raced that at a guys home made MotoX track and got chased by the law a lot ( was great fun ) But then life got in the way and I hadda let it go. So now it's 7 years later and it is time once again!

Rob Canadian
12-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Welcome fellow Canuck.

So what are you looking to get? Stick with the 2 stroke? How is the market in Manitoba. Nothing really for sale in Ontario. I was very lucky on getting my 200X for $700.

What's your budget?

chaosboy
12-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Hey Rob C! Yes I absolutely love the 2 stroke and I want to go with what I consider to be the cream of the crop....'86 250r. I want one in a "ready to rip" ( more or less ) condition, so my budget will have to be between 2 and 3 grand ( I'm estimating ) I haven't really started to look yet, so I'm not all that up to date on their worth. Not only is the Manitoba and Ontario market pretty sparce, the whole Canadian 3 wheel market is right slim too! Yet the U.S has tons of all types of 3 wheelers for sale! 700 for a 200x sounds like a steal! Is that an '84 you have? Are you a face book person? Cause I recently joined a buncha different pages just for 3 wheelers. If yer interested, let me know and I can give you the names! Nice to meet you sir!

Atc721
12-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Im a hour north of toronto.. always looking at the atc market and your right theres not alot on there. I managed to find a 86 250r in nice shape i paid 3700$ for in the spring. I also have a big red 250es i paid 1000$ for and a 70. I am trying to find a 350x with no luck..... over the holidays i didnt check the adds for a couple days and when i did i noticed a really nice condition 85 250sx for 500! I called right away and he said that it had sold within 8 hours of putting the add on

Rob Canadian
12-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Hey Rob C! Yes I absolutely love the 2 stroke and I want to go with what I consider to be the cream of the crop....'86 250r. I want one in a "ready to rip" ( more or less ) condition, so my budget will have to be between 2 and 3 grand ( I'm estimating ) I haven't really started to look yet, so I'm not all that up to date on their worth. Not only is the Manitoba and Ontario market pretty sparce, the whole Canadian 3 wheel market is right slim too! Yet the U.S has tons of all types of 3 wheelers for sale! 700 for a 200x sounds like a steal! Is that an '84 you have? Are you a face book person? Cause I recently joined a buncha different pages just for 3 wheelers. If yer interested, let me know and I can give you the names! Nice to meet you sir!

Market is dry.. Yup lots in the US. My ride is an '83. Needed a bit of work. Rear bearings, rear brakes. Ya. I think I did good good as a 200X does not come a long here. And it was local.