PDA

View Full Version : Is this a tri -z shock?

this old rz
12-28-2016, 12:00 AM

Hello everyone, Forgive me for nor researching this 1st. My time was limited. I have a question. Im trying to buy a Tri Z & it has a 6" extended swingarm. This is the shock thats on the bike.
To me I feel its way too modern to be a original shock, I'm almost positive its not OEM. Especially with a piggyback reservoir. To me it appears to potentially be a CBR600 Honda or a Yamaha R-6 streetbike shock?? The seller seems confidant its a OEM Tri Z shock, but I think he may be wrong about this shock. I dont remember these coming out until the mid/late 90s. ? Regardless I'm trying to buy it anyways. Can someone verify this?

In addition what are my future options for a shock for this machine also projected costs of a shock or tips as to special or swapable units? The swingarm is extended 6" , perhaps that dictates what shock one can use.

In totally new to the Tri Zs Ive read alot over the past couple years..just been waiting for the right "priced " bike...lol Im SOoooo cash poor...lol
Thanks again in advance.

With any luck..I'll get this bike. I live 1.5hrs from Glamis.

jonolanracin
12-28-2016, 12:03 AM
No all tri z shock were resovoir type not piggy back

this old rz
12-29-2016, 02:53 AM
No all tri z shock were resovoir type not piggy back

Would anyone happen to have a photo or a link of a 100% stock shock..or any aftermsrket or hybrid shock. A Tri Z certainlly isnt as popular as a Honda..but there must be options members hete have come up with.

Im curious as to the fact that I will have. 6" arm if that affects what kind of shock i have or need or the proper geometry. Its not a moto x bike certainlly not...lol just a fun toy to spend a half dozen x s a yr with friends.

dave ytz250s
12-29-2016, 12:44 PM

this is an elka shock for a warrior, fits the z nicely

this old rz
12-30-2016, 04:29 PM

this is an elka shock for a warrior, fits the z nicely
Is a warrior shock a proven direct replacement for a tri Z? Is it a direct bolt on with no downsides? Or side effects I don't mind a little fabrication just do not want to get into welding and one last question for anyone who could answer it please is the fact that I have an extended swingarm will that require a particular length shock?

Troyg25
12-30-2016, 05:21 PM
Stock shock from a 86 tri z. Pm me if anyone is interested.

3 Wheel Drive
12-30-2016, 05:33 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/61133-Tri-Z-shock-options-and-interchanges

NeverLift
12-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Stock shock from a 86 tri z. Pm me if anyone is interested.

There is no reservoir so I don't believe that is a stock Z shock.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk