PDA

View Full Version : Buying parts bikes

TexasCurt
01-12-2017, 03:42 PM
I have this strange desire to buy every cheap non-running three wheeler I see on Craigslist. I am constantly seeing $50-$300 for whole bikes or engines or various parts. Does anyone else do this? I'm thinking it's worth it just to have a parts inventory, and/or resell stuff I don't need.

BigRedGrizzly
01-12-2017, 04:01 PM
My Cragslist app get the biggest workout of them all. I do the same thing. I peruse Craigslist every night. I want 3 wheelers, Wheelhorse tractors, and welding equipment. I could go broke very quickly and easily... I recently scored this AC/DC stick welder for $325. Pretty much brand new. Always looking for good deals.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/17c0d0f84d7b34413dde65ef2360c5cf.jpg

AK47KID
01-12-2017, 04:59 PM
My Cragslist app get the biggest workout of them all. I do the same thing. I peruse Craigslist every night. I want 3 wheelers, Wheelhorse tractors, and welding equipment. I could go broke very quickly and easily... I recently scored this AC/DC stick welder for $325. Pretty much brand new. Always looking for good deals.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/17c0d0f84d7b34413dde65ef2360c5cf.jpg
I got that same welder Or At least it's very identical

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Big G
01-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Most of us on this site have the same problem. I have sought counselling services to slowly wean myself off buying every cheap trike I find. It hasn't been easy. I am currently going through detox, and experiencing withdrawals because I haven't been able to purchase a cheap ATC that keeps popping up for sale. My wife has made it perfectly clear that my current "collection" (including a decent stash of parts machines) is enough :D Ahhh, if only I was still single....

captainweezy
01-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Come up and buy everything I have!

DiamonDon
01-13-2017, 02:15 AM
Love it!
My wife has made the mistake of saying "as long as the place looks clean from the street, then its fine", so now I'm trying to figure how high I can stack three wheelers in the back yard :)

Whomever says buying cheap parts bikes is unwise, needs only browse ebay for a few select components!
I'll guess your $50 "trash" trike will easily bring in tenfold-paypal funds when you've got time to list, package, and ship all them parts.
My problem is I'm attached to everything, and refuse to sell!

That's a keeper welder, it looks like a newer version of my tombstone here, which works perfectly after 30 years of daily use before it went surplus into my collection.

Compounding problems, such is life :)
I say, buy them all!