PDA

View Full Version : I hit a deer with a 91 5.0 Foxbody Mustang

LegendaryTriker
01-12-2017, 10:48 PM
This happened on last Halloween night. The deer ended up taking out my fender, my hood and my new headlights, it bent my radiator and the piece of metal the hood latch is on ( forgot the name for it lol )

Just looking for everyones opinion on what happened and the work ive done to it so far. I attached before after and right now pictures for everyone to see.

Evan Hagenow
01-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Looks pretty good for the amount of damage it did to it. The hood pins are a nice touch and almost always look good on cars.

I hope you at least took the rack off of it, or the entire deer. looks like a pretty nice buck.

350for350
01-15-2017, 01:58 AM
I do really like the way those 5.0 GTs look. I say take the whole head and mount that sucker on your hood as a warning to other deer!

sledcrazyinCT
01-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Too bad you hit a deer, glad you were able to fix it up and that it didn't cause even more damage

I have only hit two deer with vehicles.

First time in H.S. I actually had stopped my 73 Mach and had the deer bounce off my passenger front fender. Mach I needed a new fender and grille, i was pissed since I stopped as a herd was crossing and last one ran into mustang after it stopped! Nobody believed me since I got into other fender benders, numerous speeding tickets etc.

The other time was 4:30 AM, I hit with passenger front tire of 78 bronco spit it out the drivers rear right into a drain culvert. I was doing 40, and just kept on heading to work. No damage to the bronco just had to pick some fur out of the grille shell.

El Camexican
01-15-2017, 12:08 PM
You're lucky the car could be fixed and that you're ok. Two friends have written off full sized pickups by hitting deer. One had the hind quarters come through his side window and hit him in the head after splitting on the windshield post. I few years later I watched a friend hit one at 80+mph... with an Aprilia. The body helicoptered right in front of me. Then there was a buddy whose mom that spent a long time in a hospital after a moose entered her car through the windshield with a broken leg.

Wildlife scares the heck out of me when I'm riding. It's no wonder every truck in West Texas has deer guards. After dark you see them by the hundreds some nights standing on the edge of the roads, they're like the suicide bombers of wildlife. Then there are the cows and donkeys that step onto the trails down here...

sledcrazyinCT
01-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Suicide bombers of wildlife is a great analogy for dumb trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro deer:lol::lol:

LegendaryTriker
01-15-2017, 07:09 PM
You're lucky the car could be fixed and that you're ok. Two friends have written off full sized pickups by hitting deer. One had the hind quarters come through his side window and hit him in the head after splitting on the windshield post. I few years later I watched a friend hit one at 80+mph... with an Aprilia. The body helicoptered right in front of me. Then there was a buddy whose mom that spent a long time in a hospital after a moose entered her car through the windshield with a broken leg.

Wildlife scares the heck out of me when I'm riding. It's no wonder every truck in West Texas has deer guards. After dark you see them by the hundreds some nights standing on the edge of the roads, they're like the suicide bombers of wildlife. Then there are the cows and donkeys that step onto the trails down here...

Damn. Yeah deer are all over around here, i was going 45mph when i hit mine. thankfully i was not going faster.
Ever since then i am consistently on the lookout for deer. i have paid over 1000 dollars on parts to fix my afterwards car.
The funny thing is, i was just going to the store for a soda, most expensive soda ever.

fieldy
01-15-2017, 08:25 PM
Seen alot of deer wrecks, one ended with a deer standing in the front seat of a crewcab silverado, antlers and all, truck was sitting on four lane highway. Once i hit a 250# hog square with the right front tire of a 89 xt cab 4x4 s-10 at 50 mph, just kept going straight. Ruined the bumper and alignment.
The oddest of them all was a relative was driving and looked over and a full grown kangaroo was cruising beside him at full speed as he glanced left out his driver side window, right here in 5he good ol USA, guess he was bookin along ten feet beside the car. I had seen the illusive creature before and he was a heavyweight.
Hit a small deer in a Sportscar too and it really blows.

atcmatt
01-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Haha kangaroo in the USA. What a spin out!? Have hit a few Roos in my ute over the years, that's why it has a solid ARB bullbar!

El Camexican
01-16-2017, 12:42 AM
.The oddest of them all was a relative was driving and looked over and a full grown kangaroo was cruising beside him at full speed as he glanced left out his driver side window, right here in 5he good ol USA

That's nuts. I had a deer jump over my front fender on a bike once while I was doing exactly 60km. I know because I had just looked at the speedo when the rear hoof passed my face as I looked back up. I figure I missed getting a deer in the head by about 1 second.

Lent the same bike to a buddy and was following him closely in my car at 90km when a bear ran between the two of us, but the one that was the weirdest was a buddy hitting a turkey vulture with his shoulder at 85mph in Texas. Flew right in front of his face before impact, would have torn his head off had we been going 1 mph faster.

barnett468
01-16-2017, 09:24 AM
This happened on last Halloween night. The deer ended up taking out my fender, my hood and my new headlights, it bent my radiator and the piece of metal the hood latch is on ( forgot the name for it lol )

Just looking for everyones opinion on what happened and the work ive done to it so far. I attached before after and right now pictures for everyone to see.

I can't view your photos because the owner of the site doesn't like me and has blocked me from viewing photos in the format you posted them in, therefore I can't comment on the damage or the possible extent of it, however, what I can tell you is that if the damage was severe enough, it might have bent the unibody so it might be a good idea to have it put on a frame rack and have it inspected . I would also have the front and rear wheel alignment checked.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

barnett468
01-16-2017, 09:31 AM
...it bent my radiator and the piece of metal the hood latch is on ( forgot the name for it lol )

That is called the "core support" or "radiator core support".

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

bkm
01-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Olive branch to Barn. Can you see these?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/7abed3825555bc5205b61904bba48f19.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/a4f718d87ed15cc9aa248424c61cc722.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/3591ba51156679a0c3f901fd4bc0a756.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/bda6b5b093f62bb30126cb832b6e9b44.jpg

fieldy
01-16-2017, 06:30 PM
Have you been pulling the parts from the blue Mustang? How about paint are you going to go white after you get it finished? You don't see many of those ponys around anymore.

drzdale47
01-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Nice buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caminofeld
01-16-2017, 10:27 PM
I used to be a paint and body helper and we fixed many deer hits. The 2 most memorable were the minivan who's driver ducked a split second before the deer went through the windshield, broke all the seats back, landed in the cargo area, then kicked a million dents outward and broke the rear windows, then died and pooped/peed everywhere. The other memorable one was a BMW that had the deer go up on the hood, spiderweb the windshield, mangle the driver side A-pillar, and shat through the driver side window…we know this because there was a poopy seat with a clean driver silhouette i the middle:)

Lotta crazy stories from that place…suicide cars, weird things hidden in trunks, etc...

AK47KID
01-28-2017, 02:23 AM
ouch

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AK47KID
01-28-2017, 11:08 AM
HI cody .....hi .......cody hi ........ cody !
Hi glamy.......hi..........glamy hi.........glamy !

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

redsox
01-28-2017, 11:20 AM
Hi glamy.......hi..........glamy hi.........glamy !

it's spelled "High."