PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x clutch issue.

ejam
01-19-2017, 06:28 PM
I bought the 3wheeler a few weeks ago and noticed the clutch slipping. I checked the cable adjustment and it was good. So I buy a clutch kit that contains steel plates, friction plates, and Springs. This isn't my first clutch job, and I have the Honda service manual to guide me as well. After installing new kit and everything is back together, the clutch cable is way too slack. And when it is adjusted to pull in the clutch, it isn't in far enough. I place it in first gear and pull the clutch in but it's still engaged. Any thoughts? I have pulled clutch back off and noticed that the outer clutch and plates has about 3mm of movement. I'm clue less now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yaegerb
01-19-2017, 11:46 PM
Are there grooves in the basket fingers?

ejam
01-19-2017, 11:50 PM
No grooves. Everything looks almost new. I didn't soaker the friction plates before install. So that's what I'm doing now. Just looking over everything to make sure there isn't anything missing. I'm scratching my head on this one. I've done many clutches over the years with no issues.

Rob Canadian
01-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Did you soak the plates?
What kit did you buy? Maybe a plate was missing??

ejam
01-20-2017, 12:04 AM
I bought EBC KIT. I'm going to measure all plates when I get home. There is 5 friction and 4 steel plates. I'm gonna feel so stupid once I find the mistake, it's gotta be something simple. Maybe the kit was labeled wrong????

ejam
02-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Installed a new clutch cable, and there is still too much slack. It shifts just fine and clutch doesn't slip any. It just feels like there should be one more disk in clutch. I have the new cable adjusted all the way out just like the old cable! Should I install new OEM clutch and springs?