PDA

View Full Version : Honda 84' 200M Front Forks Question

Phil612
01-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Hey All,

I recently got an 84' Honda 200M from a couple of guys who had hot wired, jerry rigged, and did just about anything and everything you could think of to short-cut their way into riding this trike for the short term, including welding a bunch of pieces to each-other(poorly I might add).

One of the things that they welded the crap out of was the front forks, so it is not only miss aligned, but it has no suspension and now the threads on the axle are ruined. This leaves me in the market for a whole new front fork set up.

Sooooo, my question is this. How interchangeable are the front forks on the Honda 200's? Do I need the 84' "M" specifically or can I use any of the 200 model forks? The forks that are currently on there have the cage around the headlight which I would like to keep as well as the front brake set up which I believe I can re-use once I cut the axle off. Is there anything that you can think of that I should look out for when shopping for some replacement parts?

Thanks a million!

tripledog
01-23-2017, 02:22 PM
If the lower fork legs are steel, the forks are most likely from a 200E or 200ES. You can swap a 200m front end if you can find one, but you will need the hub, axle, and brake drum from the M as well. I don't think the headlight cage will fit on the M, and you will be hard pressed to find a decent fender to fit the M forks.

86125m
01-23-2017, 06:30 PM
the headlight cage will fit on a 200m with some modifications. The front fender is not an issue anymore at least for me I have modifide a 200es fender for use with my 200m just by making two cuts to the es fender and I made four brakets to mount it to the forks.