PDA

View Full Version : OOOPS, bought a fat cat over the weekend....

wildfire
01-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Picked up a "parts bike" that just needs an engine (and a lot of other stuff) to get it back running.

Thinking this is going to get a Lifan MC engine and the swamp donkey will get a Predator w/CVT - make that one easier to ride.

deathwobble
01-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Can't lie I'm a little jealous. If you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for it? I think I'd try to find a wrecked dirt bike to motorswap though.

axeman24
01-24-2017, 01:51 PM
What parts did the bike come with my fat cat needs a few things and parts are really hard to find help would be greatly appreciated
Nice pickup looks like it wasn't left outside too much

wildfire
01-26-2017, 09:49 PM
thanks - the bike was $300. By the time I'm done, I probably should have bought a complete bike...

Sorry, but I don't have any spares yet. Been buying like mad on ebay... its like Christmas again!

YTZ drew
01-26-2017, 11:11 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to put a 300ex engine in that fat cat. That would be a grunty little powerhouse with 282cc's of manual trans goodness!

deathwobble
01-27-2017, 01:16 AM
$300 isnt bad for a good parts machine. I own 2 yamaha bw80 (one complete one and one parts one with plenty or parts) that I probably stole for $600 bucks. They are fun but still wish I had a full sized fat tire bike. Keep us updated on what you do. Hope to see it a good running bike! And good luck!

wildfire
01-30-2017, 08:03 PM
So far, I'm in another $400 in misc missing parts and a new set of tires. Little bits add up fast for these. There's a good facebook group and some of the guys are super-helpful with well priced parts.

Lifan 200cc manual 5 speed will be here on Thursday. Have to figure out what Honda exhaust will fit...

Might be running this weekend!