PDA

View Full Version : Honda 350x electric start

Polaris1971
01-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Hi all I found out that the man who made goki electric starters for the 350x died last month. Does anyone happen to have one for sale that I can buy? I am in a wheelchair and I need one for my 350x. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLIN
01-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Ya , he died a couple years ago and all the parts just seem to have got trashed. I've been waiting for news to pop up on someone that may have bought all the stock but haven't heard anything. The best place to start would place a wanted ad here or keep looking on ebay. Just remember that the 85 and 86 350x starter kits are different, so make sure you are getting the one you need. The difference is in the starter mounting flange on the starter itself. The 86 mounts the starter a little closer to the center line of the engine.
I've never seen the kits side by side but I think someone with a good mechanical train of thought could get either kit to work on either trike by moving some holes a bit. The difference is very little but if you don't have the right one it will beat up the already weak ring gear.